Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Kory »

I had a dream that made me muse on this phenomena: you can have a dream within a 20 minute nap that feels like 90 minutes because there's this "dream memory" that you have—you don't actually have to dream certain parts of the dream explicitly to have had the experience of them. I don't know if this makes sense. Like, you can run into a person in your dream, for the first time, but in your dream memory, there's all sorts of things that happened with them earlier in the dream that you have at your disposal and which make it seem like you've been in this dream a lot longer.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
02 Feb 2023, 6:25pm
I had a dream that made me muse on this phenomena: you can have a dream within a 20 minute nap that feels like 90 minutes because there's this "dream memory" that you have—you don't actually have to dream certain parts of the dream explicitly to have had the experience of them. I don't know if this makes sense. Like, you can run into a person in your dream, for the first time, but in your dream memory, there's all sorts of things that happened with them earlier in the dream that you have at your disposal and which make it seem like you've been in this dream a lot longer.
Yeah, I've had that, where you enter into a continuum that was going on before you showed up but you were participating in. Our brains are scary places.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was either writing or directing a horror story—both observing it and aware that I was creating it—in which a bunch of young boys take a new guy to their clubhouse, which is a shed out in some woods. The initiation is spending a short time alone in the clubhouse (like five or ten minutes). The thing is, while everything looks normal to outsiders looking into the shed—it just looks like a person sitting there doing nothing—to the person inside it's a gruesome haunted house where time stands still and all kinds of supernatural monsters torment outsiders. The only way to get out is to agree to bring the shed more victims. The story seems cribbed from Stephen King—nothing all that original about it, so I must have come across it in the past—but my dream self was struggling to figure out how to end the story, where the victims could break free and destroy the shed.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 9:15am
I was either writing or directing a horror story—both observing it and aware that I was creating it—in which a bunch of young boys take a new guy to their clubhouse, which is a shed out in some woods. The initiation is spending a short time alone in the clubhouse (like five or ten minutes). The thing is, while everything looks normal to outsiders looking into the shed—it just looks like a person sitting there doing nothing—to the person inside it's a gruesome haunted house where time stands still and all kinds of supernatural monsters torment outsiders. The only way to get out is to agree to bring the shed more victims. The story seems cribbed from Stephen King—nothing all that original about it, so I must have come across it in the past—but my dream self was struggling to figure out how to end the story, where the victims could break free and destroy the shed.
Amway

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 10:00am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 9:15am
Amway
Yes, they make fine products and create great opportunities for people like you and me.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Absolutely brutal dream last night. My parents were still alive and my mother asked me to take my dad to a doctor's appointment in some other town. We were in an apartment building, in separate apartments. I went to get him and he was clutching at his chest. I asked if he was having a heart attack and he said yes. I didn't know what to do, so I went to a nearby diner, where college kids were having a party, and found a nurse there who came back and did CPR while we waited for an ambulance, but I could tell from the nurse he wasn't going to make it. But the thing is he kept getting smaller and smaller and more indistinct. By the time the ambulance showed up he wasn't much bigger than a grain of rice, and I was told to say goodbye to this grain while the diner party got louder and louder. And the dream just wouldn't end.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 7:21am
Absolutely brutal dream last night. My parents were still alive and my mother asked me to take my dad to a doctor's appointment in some other town. We were in an apartment building, in separate apartments. I went to get him and he was clutching at his chest. I asked if he was having a heart attack and he said yes. I didn't know what to do, so I went to a nearby diner, where college kids were having a party, and found a nurse there who came back and did CPR while we waited for an ambulance, but I could tell from the nurse he wasn't going to make it. But the thing is he kept getting smaller and smaller and more indistinct. By the time the ambulance showed up he wasn't much bigger than a grain of rice, and I was told to say goodbye to this grain while the diner party got louder and louder. And the dream just wouldn't end.
Yeah, that’s a rough one Doc. I occasionally have one that’s just bizarre like that, and bums me out for a few hours after I wake up. Like, I’ve dreamed of fairly brutal fights with my brother or father. Probably brought about by some easily resolvable conflict that was just nagging at me for a while and gets exaggerated in the dream state. In reality, I’d kill or die for either of them. Sometimes I love my dreams, sometimes I hate ‘em. Sometimes I’m disappointed when they end prematurely, and sometimes it’s like a horror movie that I’d never watch again. Fucking dreams, wtf?
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 8:36am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah, that’s a rough one Doc. I occasionally have one that’s just bizarre like that, and bums me out for a few hours after I wake up. Like, I’ve dreamed of fairly brutal fights with my brother or father. Probably brought about by some easily resolvable conflict that was just nagging at me for a while and gets exaggerated in the dream state. In reality, I’d kill or die for either of them. Sometimes I love my dreams, sometimes I hate ‘em. Sometimes I’m disappointed when they end prematurely, and sometimes it’s like a horror movie that I’d never watch again. Fucking dreams, wtf?
I tend not to have either nasty ones or blissful. I specialize in really, really weird. Which is strange because in my conscious life I'm not all that creative. :meh:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sounds kind of Eraserhead like

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
omg!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Horrible stuff, that would have kept me awake the rest of the night.

I'm fortunate to have both of my parents still with me, but the caregiver roles are increasing all the time, but haven't impacted my dreams yet.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I dreamt I was back at an old job and my dickhead boss calls me to his office to sing a song. He had some great team building/employee variety/talent show planned where workers families would come to it.

He wasked me what song I would sing and this came to mind

He obviously didn't know it and some other dickhead spilled the beans so I never got to do it and see the looks on people's faces especially as I addressed the boss as satan.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 Mar 2023, 8:18am
I dreamt I was back at an old job and my dickhead boss calls me to his office to sing a song. He had some great team building/employee variety/talent show planned where workers families would come to it.

He obviously didn't know it and some other dickhead spilled the beans so I never got to do it and see the looks on people's faces especially as I addressed the boss as satan.
You are going to be so shocked when you go into work today and learn of the team building exercise planned …

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
That's gut wrenching. I'm so sorry. Must have been awful to wake up from that, too.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2023, 8:23am
revbob wrote:
13 Mar 2023, 8:18am

You are going to be so shocked when you go into work today and learn of the team building exercise planned …
Im gonna work from home today.