Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 May 2020, 5:00pm
Kory wrote:
15 May 2020, 4:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 May 2020, 8:21am
Variation of the common school dream last night. I showed up for the midterm without studying, wrote it, turned it in, and the prof asked me where my term paper was. The asshole made the paper due date the same as the exam. My heart sank and I initially tried cobbling together a paper but knew it wouldn't work, so I dropped the class. The rest of the dream was spent looking for another class to take for summer session.
Your dream life is school, mine is work. I had one last night where a work friend was on the top of a building (with me below, eavesdropping) talking to a new hire that was just above my director in hierarchy, and she was talking about how she wanted to maybe get rid of me, but my friend was talking me up. Then it shifted to inside the office and I was being extra nice to her to keep her from firing me.
On the upside, your work buddy was in your corner. Next dream, try to throw the new person off the building.
All those stairs...
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I had a dream Heston was a pen salesman and he was trying to sell pens to my employer. But he only sold the old style Bic pens. And my boss wanted the newer styles. Heston then claimed he could get those too but we would have to first order the old style.

Im thinking we could work this into the Tom sitcom we were working on.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

revbob wrote:
21 May 2020, 7:23am
I had a dream Heston was a pen salesman and he was trying to sell pens to my employer. But he only sold the old style Bic pens. And my boss wanted the newer styles. Heston then claimed he could get those too but we would have to first order the old style.
Sounds like Heston all right.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
21 May 2020, 8:07am
revbob wrote:
And he called them ink tubes.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 May 2020, 8:14am
Olaf wrote:
21 May 2020, 8:07am
revbob wrote:
And he called them ink tubes.
Yep, the thinking man's biros.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

This one is way too weird and long not to share:

I was helping out a friend by roadie-ing for her band at a small club. She's not anyone in my waking life, but I suppose could be the the film world's platonic ideal of a sassy tomboy/cool chick/whatever. The show went pretty well despite me wishing I was in a band, and then I lost my custom earplug, which for some reason fits over a back molar. Then the guitarist from my actual last band came out and said there was a cool art exhibit on the other side of the building, but he wanted to go over the top of the building rather than around it to the other door. So we climb up (it's just a two-story warehouse) and then on the other side he climbs down the open door, and I stand at the lip of the roof and curse the fact that i'm older now, and less willing to risk my body on things like this. So I turn back around and notice that the warehouse has a larger, conical (or tent-like) building attached to it, with wooden beams criss-crossing everywhere in front of me. I again curse the fact that I'm so slow and awkward getting through these things, when I get to the top and notice that the roof is some kind of inflated fabric and that I've done this before and love it. So I get on and slide to the bottom as I've done many times.

Once at the bottom, I'm in some kind of public park, and famed bassist Victor Wooten is sitting on a bench looking to my right. I approach him and he calls out to me "Sophie (I don't know why but this means he has actually recognized me. Is my name Sophie in this dream?), do they still have that bitch grizzly over there?" I look to my right, and see that I'm actually in some kind of zoo. I approach the pit he's looking at and see a large grizzly bear (a female, or "bitch," presumably) wearing a back brace of some kind. I suppose the thing had been injured at some point, which prompted Wooten's question. I go back over to him and start telling him about it, when the bear leaps out of the pit and starts running at me. I then get into a wrestling match with the thing, which is terrifying at first, but which I realize is playful, as the bear nips at my arm without actually chomping down. Wooten notes "she's just teasing you."

I can't remember anything after this.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

That one's awesome for being so visual and random. It's like a lost Twin Peaks script.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

I had a dream that the IMCT folks were doing a gift exchange for Christmas. The gift had to be a record that was important to the giver. We all agree to do this. Anyway, it's Christmas Eve and I'm at a party at someone's house. Everyone (including myself) appear to be around 16 or so. I'm standing in the kitchen with a bunch of folks and in walks Doc. He has an album under his arm that he hands to me and says, "Hey, here you go." It's a copy of Signals by Rush. First I'm thinking that's kinda weird but then I remember Doc's Canadian. I then hand Doc a 3-foot stack of cassette mix tapes. The end.

I also had a dream two nights ago that I had just been elected pope.
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Ok, this is starting to get weird (dreams Im remembering and about board members Ive never met).
Dreamt Id met Wolter and his family. They were living in Hawaii and let me stay at their place for a bit because I gave their son the toys from my fast food meal. I may have been responsible for wrecking their boat which somehow led to it turning into some kind of weird police state where people were getting arrested for the simplest of things. I cant recall what but they weren't like actual law violations.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Not exactly a fascinating dream but one connected to real world stimulus. I dreamed that a bunch of asshole teenagers moved in next door smoking and selling really shitty weed. Woke up and realized there was some kind of skunk incident outside.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I became wealthy via a one-panel cartoon where an obvious Dick Tracy stand-in called a woman a slut. The rest of the dream was me doing the same thing over and over but with different versions of cartoon characters (e.g., Charlie Brown calling Lucy a slut, Hi calling Lois a slut). It just went on and on, the popularity of the cartoon never eroding.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 6:55am
I became wealthy via a one-panel cartoon where an obvious Dick Tracy stand-in called a woman a slut. The rest of the dream was me doing the same thing over and over but with different versions of cartoon characters (e.g., Charlie Brown calling Lucy a slut, Hi calling Lois a slut). It just went on and on, the popularity of the cartoon never eroding.
I bet you could actually make money off this in the states.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 1:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 6:55am
I bet you could actually make money off this in the states.
Do I really want to accept money from Breitbart?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

This one weaved in and out of actually happening and me writing a screenplay or novel, but I discovered that our reality was that human existence was actually in a glass cage, where the glass was black or made of shadows or something like that. The glass wasn't to trap us but to keep out predatory shadow creatures who sometimes snuck in and stole people to eat. This happened during thunderstorms and earthquakes—whenever the earth shakes—which opened the glass enough.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 7:56am
This one weaved in and out of actually happening and me writing a screenplay or novel, but I discovered that our reality was that human existence was actually in a glass cage, where the glass was black or made of shadows or something like that. The glass wasn't to trap us but to keep out predatory shadow creatures who sometimes snuck in and stole people to eat. This happened during thunderstorms and earthquakes—whenever the earth shakes—which opened the glass enough.
That sentient glass tower might have been an influence. Is Mark folliwing you into your dreams now?