Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 7:16pm
Heston wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 2:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 2:32pm
Silent Majority wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 2:28pm
Mimi wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 2:27pm

:twitch:
We weren't banging eachother, by the way. We were sleazy buddies chatting to the ladies.
Current old guy DeVito or Taxi era?
He looks 60 either way.
In my head I was agreeing but then saw the Taxi era pic.
Me too. I guess I just never noticed him ageing, he always seemed like an old guy to me.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 7:19pm
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

We weren't banging eachother, by the way. We were sleazy buddies chatting to the ladies.
He looks 60 either way.
Me too. I guess I just never noticed him ageing, he always seemed like an old guy to me.
Exactly. When Taxi was on I was a teenager so to me he was old and as I got older he just stayed old in my mind without aging.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Mimi wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 2:27pm

:twitch:
He looks 60 either way.
I’d seen an episode of Taxi within the past week, so I knew he didn’t look that old then. He was like 33-34 when it started.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 7:48pm
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

He looks 60 either way.
I’d seen an episode of Taxi within the past week, so I knew he didn’t look that old then. He was like 33-34 when it started.
I just looked it up and I was even younger than I thought when taxi was on.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

revbob wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 9:32pm
Wolter wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 7:48pm
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

He looks 60 either way.
I just looked it up and I was even younger than I thought when taxi was on.
My early memories of it are very vague.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Another dream where I was interchangeably a writer scripting a story and being a character in it. But the gist is that clear signals from outer space were discovered and could be read with any old internet browser. So everyone in the world was obsessed with this feed, tho most weren't using a recommended "filter." That was how these aliens took over other planets, not by sending an army but by taking over people's minds. The whole thing was pretty pointless, tho, because all we did was watch the transmission. We weren't sending anything or performing any labour for the aliens. A pretty blunt internet-as-brainwashing/pacifying kind of narrative.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Seriously weird and drawn-out dream whose details are already fading. The key parts are that I'd written and drawn a Spider-man story called "Don't Eat the Sandwich!" A supervillain had placed a poison sandwich in Peter Parker's apartment and, throughout the story, PP gets close to eating it, but keeps getting called away, only to return yet again. (If the detail matters, the art looked like Neal Adams' work.) The original story was, like, 300 issues long, but I got it down to one, and it was going to sit as a filler issue, to be used if the regular team didn't turn in their work. For some reason I was living on the edge of a canyon and had to go down there to get approval from some psycho hillbillies related to the story. I drove down and made my way to their shack but they weren't home. I did something (can't remember what) to their home that I knew would piss them off, so I drove home and waited inside my home—which was just a huge double-wide—with a gun. When they showed up, I stayed quiet and they left, but they continued hanging around at the bottom of the canyon. The dream ended with me going over to complain to a neighbour about how he was broadcasting his tv on the canyon wall, some comedy club show that wasn't funny, but the laughter on the canyon walls echoed horribly. And then I woke up. I know there was a lot more to the narrative—my parents were in there, but my mother was quite young and my dad didn't look like my dad—but it's fading too much.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2019, 6:32am
Seriously weird and drawn-out dream whose details are already fading. The key parts are that I'd written and drawn a Spider-man story called "Don't Eat the Sandwich!" A supervillain had placed a poison sandwich in Peter Parker's apartment and, throughout the story, PP gets close to eating it, but keeps getting called away, only to return yet again. (If the detail matters, the art looked like Neal Adams' work.) The original story was, like, 300 issues long, but I got it down to one, and it was going to sit as a filler issue, to be used if the regular team didn't turn in their work. For some reason I was living on the edge of a canyon and had to go down there to get approval from some psycho hillbillies related to the story. I drove down and made my way to their shack but they weren't home. I did something (can't remember what) to their home that I knew would piss them off, so I drove home and waited inside my home—which was just a huge double-wide—with a gun. When they showed up, I stayed quiet and they left, but they continued hanging around at the bottom of the canyon. The dream ended with me going over to complain to a neighbour about how he was broadcasting his tv on the canyon wall, some comedy club show that wasn't funny, but the laughter on the canyon walls echoed horribly. And then I woke up. I know there was a lot more to the narrative—my parents were in there, but my mother was quite young and my dad didn't look like my dad—but it's fading too much.
This is glorious. Although if the details are already fading, it must have been VERY detailed.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
18 Jul 2019, 4:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2019, 6:32am
This is glorious. Although if the details are already fading, it must have been VERY detailed.
I know that the "story" was a lot longer than most of my dreams, where I tend to just re-run (or maybe I only remember) a shot clip. This one had flow and scene changes and the like. I know that there were conversations with my parents, but even when I woke up, I couldn't recall them. The part that stands out the most, for whatever reason, is the idea of comics publishers having a bunch of filler issues just sitting around that they put out whenever the regular one isn't ready.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was the captain of one of those massive cargo ships that hold around eight million shipping containers. We were going across the Atlantic from Europe to North America, and there was a massive hurricane in the middle of the ocean—it covered most of the ocean. Because of the hurricane and the amount of cargo, it was certain that the ship would become swamped and we'd sink. And you could see that the water level was rising. Somehow we made it to a kind of truck stop in the middle of the ocean where all these other ship were moored in a line, like they were waiting their turn to go thru locks. And then I came up with the idea of attaching all kinds of huge balloons to the railings on my ship, which would raise it enough to keep from sinking. But for some reason I had to wait—too soon and it wouldn't work. So I just watched the water level, waiting for the moment to activate the balloons. And that was the bulk of the dream—waiting to press the button to fill the balloons up.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Aug 2019, 6:39am
I was the captain of one of those massive cargo ships that hold around eight million shipping containers. We were going across the Atlantic from Europe to North America, and there was a massive hurricane in the middle of the ocean—it covered most of the ocean. Because of the hurricane and the amount of cargo, it was certain that the ship would become swamped and we'd sink. And you could see that the water level was rising. Somehow we made it to a kind of truck stop in the middle of the ocean where all these other ship were moored in a line, like they were waiting their turn to go thru locks. And then I came up with the idea of attaching all kinds of huge balloons to the railings on my ship, which would raise it enough to keep from sinking. But for some reason I had to wait—too soon and it wouldn't work. So I just watched the water level, waiting for the moment to activate the balloons. And that was the bulk of the dream—waiting to press the button to fill the balloons up.
Sounds like creative "I really need to piss dream".

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Aug 2019, 4:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Aug 2019, 6:39am
Sounds like creative "I really need to piss dream".
My subconscious, sir, is never that obvious.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I had a dream where I went on a four-day trip with a friend and met a lot of neat new people and kind of fell in love with one of them. Then I woke up and realized I don't know any of those people. It made me want to listen to Burial all day.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I had a dream in which the Banshees were doing a reunion tour, and the stress of needing to get a ticket before the bots and scalpers got them all was enough to jar me awake.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
19 Aug 2019, 1:46pm
I had a dream in which the Banshees were doing a reunion tour, and the stress of needing to get a ticket before the bots and scalpers got them all was enough to jar me awake.
I was also suddenly awakened from a dream last night. I was walking down a residential street in the town where I grew up, passing a house where there were a couple small dogs on the lawn. As I got a couple houses down, they ran up and jumped on my back. The adrenalin kicked in and I shot awake.