Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 Dec 2019, 2:55pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 4:00pm
revbob wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 12:38pm
Flex wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 11:00am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 7:35am
A whole bunch of us here were gathered around a tv to watch the premiere of a music video by a new line-up of Big Audio Dynamite. Mick looked like he did in the mid-80s, but the rest of the band were a bunch of fat, white, middle-aged slobs slogging around on the screen. Everyone felt embarrassed for Mick. Beaneater called them Really Big Audio Dining Out.
I don't usually truck with the idea that dreams symbolise a whole lot, but this dream DEFINITELY symbolises a whole lot. Somehow.
It symbolizes that Doc has way more interesting dreams than I do.
Nah, it just means that I'm better at retaining them. Everybody's generating seriously weird content in their dreams.
Most of what I can usually recall isn't that weird, m6 mind must be suppressing the really crazy shit
Guaranteed. We're all artists in our sleep.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

A particularly active night of dreams for me. There was one where I was walking home and decided to take a shortcut via a pedestrian underpass. It was cinematically cobblestoned all around and the deeper I went in, the narrower it became. At a certain point it became impossible to go forward, so I turned around to leave but the same thing happened—backtracking led to an impossibly narrow passage. What stands out, tho, is the beautiful cobblestones.

I've also got fragments of a dream involving wearing slippers while riding in a big pickup truck on my way to my sister and brother-in-law's, but nothing more remains. More powerfully, however, was sitting in a downtown Saskatoon outdoor cafe—tho it wasn't anything like Saskatoon other than a belief that it was—and talking with someone about the space shuttle. I looked up in the sky and could see jet trails. Then they made a striking zag of around 45º and disappeared into some clouds. Almost immediately, the jet that made those trails comes firing down past us, maybe a couple hundred metres away, but pulls up before crashing, then veers off. It's flying upside down, in the middle of a barrel roll. It's ascending again and heading towards what I belief was an art museum—irregularly shaped, shining aluminum sides—and I think it'll just clear the museum, but instead it hits the side of the building with a dull *thunk* that knocks it over cleanly. Then the plane explodes. I woke up with a jolt of adrenalin.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I never usually remember narrative dreams in Medullan detail. Had a very vivid one last night.

I was the sinn fein representative charged with visiting the IRA after some kind of board room consultation. I travelled down to a remote location and got thru a prohibition style door guarded by a gruff man in a balaclava. There was a cut to stock footage of stoic soldiers in green camouflage. Then the guy let me in. I don't remember the password. Inside the room, there was a tired working man's club atmosphere with half a dozen old men, fat, bald, with glasses sat lining the walls on cheap seats. There was frozen party food filling a table on one corner. There was a loud TV on showing the rugby. The leader, a friendly guy, who didn't stand up to meet me asked if he could get me anything. With the air of Kevin Costner in the Untouchables faced with some incalcitrant corrupt cops, I said I would appreciate their attention. A little put out and surprised, the main guy turned off the TV and introduced me. First of all, I turned to two men in old fashioned police uniforms which they'd tried to hide with a beret on top of their big blue helmets. "I invite you gentlemen to stay or go, based on your preference." They looked at eachother, shrugged, and walked out. "Sure," said one of the men in the room "the cameras and microphones will be in here all the same."
I turned to the room. "I think we can all agree that what we're doing is not working." Then my alarm went off and woke me.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

After watching Encounter at Farpoint last night, I had a very vivid space dream in which I was with a group of people in a sleek spacecraft heading toward some planet. I was able to see outside of the craft via some windows, so that part was pretty cool, though like most flying dreams, I was pretty nervous about the pilot's skill level. We wound up having to stop early at a station on a moon, which we found to be eerily deserted. We explored for a bit (it felt a bit like Sak's) when we saw that some large gelatinous blob creature on the moon's surface was trying to get through the windows. It grew tendrils and started getting in through the seams in the window (!) at the same time that some commandos of some kind dropped into the building and started threatening us with their automatic rifles, so we started fighting back, at which point I woke up.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 2:47pm
After watching Encounter at Farpoint last night, I had a very vivid space dream in which I was with a group of people in a sleek spacecraft heading toward some planet. I was able to see outside of the craft via some windows, so that part was pretty cool, though like most flying dreams, I was pretty nervous about the pilot's skill level. We wound up having to stop early at a station on a moon, which we found to be eerily deserted. We explored for a bit (it felt a bit like Sak's) when we saw that some large gelatinous blob creature on the moon's surface was trying to get through the windows. It grew tendrils and started getting in through the seams in the window (!) at the same time that some commandos of some kind dropped into the building and started threatening us with their automatic rifles, so we started fighting back, at which point I woke up.
So, you dreamed you were Wesley Crusher. Lame.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 3:01pm
Kory wrote:
No way, I was Troi.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 3:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
No way, I was Troi.
First season, all she ever did was look like she wanted to cry.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 3:19pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
No way, I was Troi.
I would too, if I had those useless-ass powers. Her uniform was better than that dumb mauve catsuit though. I'm glad they finally gave her a real uniform later.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 3:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
No way, I was Troi.
I would too, if I had those useless-ass powers. Her uniform was better than that dumb mauve catsuit though. I'm glad they finally gave her a real uniform later.
Maybe the most-improved character on the show, next to Picard being less of the prick he initially was.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 3:59pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

No way, I was Troi.
Maybe the most-improved character on the show, next to Picard being less of the prick he initially was.
I was a bit taken aback by his brusqueness with Will in this first season (and Will's with Geordie) (I'm going through the entire series again, btw, on my way to DS9), I had forgotten what a jerk he was. I love the bit of parallel evolution between the character of Picard and the actor Patrick Stewart. By all accounts, he was a very serious Yorkshireman on set, but the rest of the cast and their humor finally got him to come out of his shell to become the joyful fella we know today.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 4:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

No way, I was Troi.
I was a bit taken aback by his brusqueness with Will in this first season (and Will's with Geordie) (I'm going through the entire series again, btw, on my way to DS9), I had forgotten what a jerk he was. I love the bit of parallel evolution between the character of Picard and the actor Patrick Stewart. By all accounts, he was a very serious Yorkshireman on set, but the rest of the cast and their humor finally got him to come out of his shell to become the joyful fella we know today.
Yeah, I heard that he took his role as leader of the cast a bit too seriously—not arrogantly, but putting pressure on himself to set a good example—and that the others encouraged him to enjoy things more.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 4:06pm
Kory wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 4:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yeah, I heard that he took his role as leader of the cast a bit too seriously—not arrogantly, but putting pressure on himself to set a good example—and that the others encouraged him to enjoy things more.
The reunion at Calgary Comicon was full of revelations and super fun. I'm really glad I went.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I dreamed I got in a fight with an Angels fan.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 12:21pm
Coincidently, I want to arrange for you and Tep to drink heavily together.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 1:01pm
revbob wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 12:21pm
Coincidently, I want to arrange for you and Tep to drink heavily together.
The guy in my dream was an asshole though, actually started the altercation.