Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Thread of Dreams

Post by Rat Patrol »

OK...I have a bloodied big toe and split toenail this morning from kicking the side of the bedside table last night because of that @#$% spiders nightmare again. The one where the daddylonglegs the size of a basketball descends from the ceiling on a silk strand to within 3 inches of my face before I wake up kicking and thrashing. And, this time, leaving a blood trail across the room. X(

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I had a dream in which it turned out The Jam's "I Got By in Time" was actually a Beatles cover. The dream consisted of the promo video for the song, in which the Beatles (Sgt. Pepper's era) romped around the lawn of an English country manor, each taking turns with the verses and chasing around women, geese, and various other living things. Goofing around and being the Beatles.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:I had a dream in which it turned out The Jam's "I Got By in Time" was actually a Beatles cover. The dream consisted of the promo video for the song, in which the Beatles (Sgt. Pepper's era) romped around the lawn of an English country manor, each taking turns with the verses and chasing around women, geese, and various other living things. Goofing around and being the Beatles.
That wasn't a dream.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:I had a dream in which it turned out The Jam's "I Got By in Time" was actually a Beatles cover. The dream consisted of the promo video for the song, in which the Beatles (Sgt. Pepper's era) romped around the lawn of an English country manor, each taking turns with the verses and chasing around women, geese, and various other living things. Goofing around and being the Beatles.
That wasn't a dream.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
That wasn't a dream.
:mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

That's hilarious! I wish I had creative dreams like that. My dreams generally consist of my teeth falling out or showing up to a final exam not having attended a class all semester. And to say I don't have anxiety!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:or showing up to a final exam not having attended a class all semester.
I get that one fairly frequently—same class, too, a sociology intro course—but somehow I'm always aware that it's a dream and that there's nothing to worry about.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:or showing up to a final exam not having attended a class all semester.
I get that one fairly frequently—same class, too, a sociology intro course—but somehow I'm always aware that it's a dream and that there's nothing to worry about.
Mine is always in high school, and only my high school in Denver (9-10 grade - I went to h.s. In New Orleans for 11th and Jortsville for 12th). I either can't find my locker, can't find the classroom (and have to go to the office to get a new schedule), or show up to the test without going to class all semester. I never know its a dream.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mine is always in high school, and only my high school in Denver (9-10 grade - I went to h.s. In New Orleans for 11th and Jortsville for 12th). I either can't find my locker, can't find the classroom (and have to go to the office to get a new schedule), or show up to the test without going to class all semester. I never know its a dream.
Here's the extra spin on my version: It's based on an actual class that I never went to. That is, I needed an elective in my last year and I still hadn't taken sociology. The guy was boring as hell and was a textbook lecturer, so I stopped going to class. I showed up for exams and to turn in assignments. I ended up with a B+ in the class but I have no memory about doing any of the work. I must have read the textbook and written a paper, but the whole thing is a complete blank spot. So my dream reflects the weirdness of it all.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Here's the extra spin on my version: It's based on an actual class that I never went to. That is, I needed an elective in my last year and I still hadn't taken sociology. The guy was boring as hell and was a textbook lecturer, so I stopped going to class. I showed up for exams and to turn in assignments. I ended up with a B+ in the class but I have no memory about doing any of the work. I must have read the textbook and written a paper, but the whole thing is a complete blank spot. So my dream reflects the weirdness of it all.
Very interesting.
Got a Rake? Sure!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I have a recurring dream where I am waiting to go on stage to do a stand up routine in front of a huge audience when I suddenly remember I haven't actually prepared anything. I then frantically run around asking people if they know any jokes.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Ive mostly graduated from having anxiety dreams about my own scholastic performance to having them about my kid in college.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I did used to have this recurring dream back when I played Sunday league football. Always the night before a match I would dream I'm in the changing room getting kitted up and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get my football socks on.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

101Walterton wrote:I have a recurring dream where I am waiting to go on stage to do a stand up routine in front of a huge audience when I suddenly remember I haven't actually prepared anything. I then frantically run around asking people if they know any jokes.
:lol: