Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
13 Jan 2023, 10:55am
VH woke up mad at me because he had a "nightmare" that I brought home two stray dogs and a cat. Why can't he be a normal person who has nightmares about nuclear war, losing your teeth and not being able to find your high school locker?
It's weird how some dreams affect your mood the next day.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

God damn dreamgirls, making me fall super in love and then not existing when I wake up.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Kory wrote:
13 Jan 2023, 1:34pm
God damn dreamgirls, making me fall super in love and then not existing when I wake up.
Of all the girls in New York, they love you true.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jan 2023, 4:39pm
Kory wrote:
AAAAAAAAAAAAH!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was back in Saskatoon and was in the mall downtown, where I had a piss. I was walking home, wearing dark green pants, and I look down and my crotch is noticeably darker, as if I'd pissed myself. I know I haven't—the fabric is dry—but there's a large dark circle that suggests I just let go. So I'm walking home, pulling my shirt and jacket down as much as possible, hunched over, and fucking furious because I know I didn't piss myself. Stupid pants.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 7:24am
I was back in Saskatoon and was in the mall downtown, where I had a piss. I was walking home, wearing dark green pants, and I look down and my crotch is noticeably darker, as if I'd pissed myself. I know I haven't—the fabric is dry—but there's a large dark circle that suggests I just let go. So I'm walking home, pulling my shirt and jacket down as much as possible, hunched over, and fucking furious because I know I didn't piss myself. Stupid pants.
At least they weren't tan pants.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 8:46am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Look who's woken up an optimist this morning!

(Stupid pants.)

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 8:53am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

(Stupid pants.)
Its how I always wake up.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 9:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 8:53am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

(Stupid pants.)
Its how I always wake up.
The experiences in waking hours are what drain the tank. :lol:

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

I had a dream that I had hired a woman to do some housecleaning who turned out to be a fairly recent immigrant from China. I’ve never hired a cleaning lady before, but whatever. She was very nice. At one point, I was walking through the house and accidentally dropped some cash on the floor. As I was picking it up, the cleaning lady came over and picked up a few $20 bills. She was very pleased and started to walk away with them. I told her, hey, that’s mine and I literally just dropped it. She basically said no, finders keepers, as though once it hits the floor it’s fair game. So I found myself explaining to her that “finders keepers” doesn’t apply if you find something on the floor in my house, or that I just dropped 5 seconds ago, but only applies if you find it on the ground outside in a public place, like in a park or something, or at the mall. I finally got the cash back from her, but she was not happy about it and seemed to think that I was being incredibly unfair. It was very awkward. Then I woke up. I don’t think I’ll have her back.

The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Kimmelweck wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 10:51am
I had a dream that I had hired a woman to do some housecleaning who turned out to be a fairly recent immigrant from China. I’ve never hired a cleaning lady before, but whatever. She was very nice. At one point, I was walking through the house and accidentally dropped some cash on the floor. As I was picking it up, the cleaning lady came over and picked up a few $20 bills. She was very pleased and started to walk away with them. I told her, hey, that’s mine and I literally just dropped it. She basically said no, finders keepers, as though once it hits the floor it’s fair game. So I found myself explaining to her that “finders keepers” doesn’t apply if you find something on the floor in my house, or that I just dropped 5 seconds ago, but only applies if you find it on the ground outside in a public place, like in a park or something, or at the mall. I finally got the cash back from her, but she was not happy about it and seemed to think that I was being incredibly unfair. It was very awkward. Then I woke up. I don’t think I’ll have her back.

Yeah, just call Merry Maids and have her fired. :lol:

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Mimi wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 11:10am
Kimmelweck wrote:

Yeah, just call Merry Maids and have her fired. :lol:
:lol: Nah, that would be too mean. It was just a misunderstanding. Cultural differences I guess.
I’ll just dream about doing my own housecleaning from now on.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:

Five-second rule is different with money. For 5 seconds, any dropped money is free game. After that, the original owner has exclusive claim for the next 55 seconds. Then it becomes free game again. This has been part of common law since Henry VII.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 11:24am
Kimmelweck wrote:

Five-second rule is different with money. For 5 seconds, any dropped money is free game. After that, the original owner has exclusive claim for the next 55 seconds. Then it becomes free game again. This has been part of common law since Henry VII.
In the US, that rule only applies in public places. In a private residence, the original owner retains full claim for an hour, and then it goes to a best-of-3 rock-paper-scissors. Pretty sure that’s why we fought the American Revolution.