Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 10:54am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 8:23am
revbob wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 8:05am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 7:46am
I was a teenager again (shit, so this is going to be a nightmare, huh?) and one of my friends from high school, Jim, invited me over to his house (not really his house, tho) a couple hours away. While there he decided we should replumb the bathroom (some kind of expansion). When his dad got home—played by John Goodman playing Dan Connor—he went apeshit on Jim, screaming at him for wrecking the pipes and drywall and that we were going to have to fix it. I get the impression that he also beat the shit out of Jim over this, but my dream self didn't see it. I was freaked out because I didn't know how to fix it and I needed to get home to feed my cats and if Jim couldn't drive me, I needed to catch a bus before the last one left. So the remainder of the dream was this half-assed effort to install drywall to cover up the damage while a bus got ready to pull out of the station without me.
Not everyone is cut out for dream work.
I'm happy to say that my real-life incompetence sync'd up well with my dream life. Consistency provides assurance.
I actually had a dream I was on vacation in a nice tropical place by the ocean.
And then Adele showed up …
But left as there were no puppies to be eaten
She hungers. Always, she hungers.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 11:13am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 7:46am
I was a teenager again (shit, so this is going to be a nightmare, huh?) and one of my friends from high school, Jim, invited me over to his house (not really his house, tho) a couple hours away. While there he decided we should replumb the bathroom (some kind of expansion). When his dad got home—played by John Goodman playing Dan Connor—he went apeshit on Jim, screaming at him for wrecking the pipes and drywall and that we were going to have to fix it. I get the impression that he also beat the shit out of Jim over this, but my dream self didn't see it. I was freaked out because I didn't know how to fix it and I needed to get home to feed my cats and if Jim couldn't drive me, I needed to catch a bus before the last one left. So the remainder of the dream was this half-assed effort to install drywall to cover up the damage while a bus got ready to pull out of the station without me.
I'm happy to say that my real-life incompetence sync'd up well with my dream life. Consistency provides assurance.
Is Jim real, or is he like that one kid that moved away (what was his name again? He was like a thing on here for awhile) who we don't know if he actually existed?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 1:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Is Jim real, or is he like that one kid that moved away (what was his name again? He was like a thing on here for awhile) who we don't know if he actually existed?
Jim's real. Kind of inspirational story. Grew up in a working-class, single mom family, and as the oldest he kind of ended up the de factor dad for his siblings. Had part-time jobs and gutted his way thru school, then after graduation he went to work in the oil patch in Alberta. He was smart enough to know that that kind of work uses up young guys' bodies in a hurry, so he saved his money and started up a couple businesses. He told me he sold them maybe ten years ago and retired a multi-millionaire. Unfortunately, living in Alberta he's full-on Trudeau-is-the-devil lunacy, but I can't help but be proud of what he made of himself given his starting point. I haven't spoken to him in about seven years and I imagine he'd think I'm some kind of Commie, so it's best we don't keep in touch.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 1:11pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Jim's real. Kind of inspirational story. Grew up in a working-class, single mom family, and as the oldest he kind of ended up the de factor dad for his siblings. Had part-time jobs and gutted his way thru school, then after graduation he went to work in the oil patch in Alberta. He was smart enough to know that that kind of work uses up young guys' bodies in a hurry, so he saved his money and started up a couple businesses. He told me he sold them maybe ten years ago and retired a multi-millionaire. Unfortunately, living in Alberta he's full-on Trudeau-is-the-devil lunacy, but I can't help but be proud of what he made of himself given his starting point. I haven't spoken to him in about seven years and I imagine he'd think I'm some kind of Commie, so it's best we don't keep in touch.
Wow. Too bad about his politics, though.

Lee Pete. It was Lee Pete!
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 3:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Lee was also real and, unfortunately, very past tense. Except in our hearts and my memory.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 3:10pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Lee was also real and, unfortunately, very past tense. Except in our hearts and my memory.
Oh, shit. I am sorry. I just remember that he was the number 1 subject matter of IMCT for a couple of weeks in the mid-aughts.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 3:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Oh, shit. I am sorry. I just remember that he was the number 1 subject matter of IMCT for a couple of weeks in the mid-aughts.
Oh no, don't apologize! He certainly had a rough life and an abbreviated one at that, but I'm glad that so many people enjoy those stories I told about him. We achieve immortality by passing on our genes and/or by people telling stories about us after we're gone. We're doing our part via the latter route.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 4:10pm
JennyB wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 3:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Oh no, don't apologize! He certainly had a rough life and an abbreviated one at that, but I'm glad that so many people enjoy those stories I told about him. We achieve immortality by passing on our genes and/or by people telling stories about us after we're gone. We're doing our part via the latter route.
So true. A lovely way to put it.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Something to do with a freight elevator that wasn't working and trying to solve quadratic equations (something I haven't had to do since around grade ten).

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I had a makeout dream about Emma Stone. It doesn't get better than this.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
03 Jan 2023, 6:07pm
I had a makeout dream about Emma Stone. It doesn't get better than this.
Well I could certainly think of ways it could be better. :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Only a partial recollection, but it's fucking bizarre. I've mentioned before a former friend—father of Tristan the bullied/bully—but he stole a car towing a trailer, and he pulled up in front of our house then did a kind of doughnut maneuver that snapped the trailer off, then sped away, returning with more trailers. The main thing that sticks out is the sparks when the trailer hitch snapped off.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jan 2023, 9:18pm
Only a partial recollection, but it's fucking bizarre. I've mentioned before a former friend—father of Tristan the bullied/bully—but he stole a car towing a trailer, and he pulled up in front of our house then did a kind of doughnut maneuver that snapped the trailer off, then sped away, returning with more trailers. The main thing that sticks out is the sparks when the trailer hitch snapped off.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
04 Jan 2023, 11:11am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jan 2023, 9:18pm
Now that would have take the dream into a whole new realm of weirdness.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I had a seriously dystopian dream, and it played out in 3 parts, where I woke up between parts 1 and 2 and again between 2 and 3. I dont recall this ever happening before, I was sure I would remember it but I dont. I woke up at one point punching and kicking. Luckily while facing away from my wife.