Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by JennyB »

I had another recurring dream where I took my dad's car out without his permission. Nothing bad happened, but I still got super anxious. I have this dream almost as frequently as the can't find my locker dream or the showing up for a final without attending class all semester dream. So bizarre. I never once took my dad's car out because he always drove stick-shifts and I never really learned.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I was driving earlier and a Detroit Cobras song came on and reminded me of a snippet of a dream where a friend and I were talking about the Detroit Cobras

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
23 Apr 2021, 10:45am
I had another recurring dream where I took my dad's car out without his permission. Nothing bad happened, but I still got super anxious. I have this dream almost as frequently as the can't find my locker dream or the showing up for a final without attending class all semester dream. So bizarre. I never once took my dad's car out because he always drove stick-shifts and I never really learned.
It's unfortunate that the dreams that you recall are the anxious ones. You certainly have funny, weird, and uplifting dreams, but they just aren't being retained.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Apr 2021, 1:45pm
JennyB wrote:
It's unfortunate that the dreams that you recall are the anxious ones. You certainly have funny, weird, and uplifting dreams, but they just aren't being retained.
Oh, I did dream the other night that I had a torrid affair with music journalist Alan Light. :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
23 Apr 2021, 2:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Oh, I did dream the other night that I had a torrid affair with music journalist Alan Light. :shifty:
Ew, a music writer!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Apr 2021, 2:48pm
JennyB wrote:
23 Apr 2021, 2:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Ew, a music writer!
Hee!
Got a Rake? Sure!

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

I dreamed last night that I was at some kind of drinking establishment. There were two rooms, about 15x25 feet each, connected along one of the shorter walls by a wide arched doorway. One room had a bar along one of the long walls and had about 60 patrons in it, packed in like sardines. It was full of smoke. I was in the other room, which was nearly empty. I was seated in a circle on the floor with 5 grey-bearded old guys and we were playing some kind of card game, with a pile of change in the middle of the circle. Christmas music was playing. A dispute broke out in the other room, followed by about 10 seconds of sustained gunfire, which left all 60 patrons in a heap, dead on the floor. The music stopped briefly. The old guys in my card circle looked at one another, shrugged, and went back to playing cards as the Christmas music started back up.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I keep waking up from some great dreams between 2 - 4 and then go back to sleep and forget.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 10:00pm
I keep waking up from some great dreams between 2 - 4 and then go back to sleep and forget.
That's been me the past three weeks. By the morning, I can recall only the outlines and the sense that there was something cool happening, but not enough detail.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Fuck I just typed this and then something weird happened and the message disappeared so now Im typing it up again as shit is fading...

So I dreamt I was leaving Vermont I was somehow younger but also not really and it took place now.

So Im getting a ride to my old apartment to get stuff and square things away there. I hadn't lived there for a long time but apparently never ended my lease but instead sublet to someone else who I couldn't find nor remember his name.

So there's like 5 of us in the car, former president Obama is driving. I directed him to take the hard left coming up onto Union Street. We drove along and came to the house, I had the top floor apartment which was just an old house. The house had a tarp on it covering the top part like there had been a fire or something. We went in the front door which led to a spacious common area (that never existed). There were two more doors to get upstairs to my apartment. I couldn't find any keys though. One of my friends (not sure who) was able to easily pic one lock. He had one of those little kits like you see the people in movies have and he opened it right away. On to the next door and he quit when it appeared to not be as easy. I was trying to remember the guy who I sublet to or find the landlord's number. Just then the downstairs neighbor came home. We chatted, I asked about the tarp, she said there had been a flood. I told her my predicament and asked if she could give me the landlord's number. She asked why I never tried to sleep with her while I lived there. I laughed it off but it turns out she was serious and said if I had sex with her maybe she could help me and angrily left.

Everyone was incredulous that I didn't have a key so I dug my hand into my backpack and there was a whole lot of lose keys in there. I took them all out and got a bag to put the rejects in to throw away. None seemed to work and there was this weird electronic interface that showed how the key needed to fit inside and what happened when you tried turning the key. I tried one again and if I put it in just right it all lit up green and I was able to turn it. We all went upstairs and there was surprisingly little damage for a flood. The place was all in black and white and the lights weren't much help. The other guy had a lot of stuff there but it seemed like he had abandoned the place. It was now late in the day and everyone seemed to have left. I realized then I had no place to stay for the night and I should probably just stay there.

I woke up (alarm) around this time so who knows what was next.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 7:13am
Fuck I just typed this and then something weird happened and the message disappeared so now Im typing it up again as shit is fading...

So I dreamt I was leaving Vermont I was somehow younger but also not really and it took place now.

So Im getting a ride to my old apartment to get stuff and square things away there. I hadn't lived there for a long time but apparently never ended my lease but instead sublet to someone else who I couldn't find nor remember his name.

So there's like 5 of us in the car, former president Obama is driving. I directed him to take the hard left coming up onto Union Street. We drove along and came to the house, I had the top floor apartment which was just an old house. The house had a tarp on it covering the top part like there had been a fire or something. We went in the front door which led to a spacious common area (that never existed). There were two more doors to get upstairs to my apartment. I couldn't find any keys though. One of my friends (not sure who) was able to easily pic one lock. He had one of those little kits like you see the people in movies have and he opened it right away. On to the next door and he quit when it appeared to not be as easy. I was trying to remember the guy who I sublet to or find the landlord's number. Just then the downstairs neighbor came home. We chatted, I asked about the tarp, she said there had been a flood. I told her my predicament and asked if she could give me the landlord's number. She asked why I never tried to sleep with her while I lived there. I laughed it off but it turns out she was serious and said if I had sex with her maybe she could help me and angrily left.

Everyone was incredulous that I didn't have a key so I dug my hand into my backpack and there was a whole lot of lose keys in there. I took them all out and got a bag to put the rejects in to throw away. None seemed to work and there was this weird electronic interface that showed how the key needed to fit inside and what happened when you tried turning the key. I tried one again and if I put it in just right it all lit up green and I was able to turn it. We all went upstairs and there was surprisingly little damage for a flood. The place was all in black and white and the lights weren't much help. The other guy had a lot of stuff there but it seemed like he had abandoned the place. It was now late in the day and everyone seemed to have left. I realized then I had no place to stay for the night and I should probably just stay there.

Your dreams are either doing chores or navigating a Dali painting.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 7:36am
revbob wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 7:13am

Your dreams are either doing chores or navigating a Dali painting.
Just like real life.

But seriously who ever said dreams are just wish fulfillment is fulfillment of shit.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I do marvel at the really weird dreams, at how our unconscious just plucks out these strange elements and builds narratives from them. It's just an endlessly strange little engine running inside our head. Yeah, throw a tarp on the roof of the house and, hey, why not have Obama drive the car. Sure, sounds good, now hit play.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 8:43am
I do marvel at the really weird dreams, at how our unconscious just plucks out these strange elements and builds narratives from them. It's just an endlessly strange little engine running inside our head. Yeah, throw a tarp on the roof of the house and, hey, why not have Obama drive the car. Sure, sounds good, now hit play.
Like a weird kind of Mad lib.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dreamed that I was gazing out of my upstairs kitchen window towards the row of houses to the east. Though the land around my house is actually completely flat, there was now a large hill formation several hundred feet high looming behind the row of houses, a couple hundred feet or so in the background and covered with rain-forest-like trees and vegetation. The sky behind was grey, but there was a rainbow, and the vegetation was a vivid bright green. Out of the southern side of the hill, attached to the natural rock, was a launching pad, on which sat a space-shuttle-like rocket ship several hundred feet high that towered just higher than the hill itself. It gleamed white in the angled sunlight. It seemed like it had always been there, like some kind of town utility, and I remember thinking that I should really appreciate the scenery around my house a bit more.

I went out to work in the yard, and by that point my house was just a single story log cabin. I was aware that my brother was staying at another cabin a couple miles away, and that he had my dog (who has been dead nearly 25 years) with him. Just as I was missing my dog and wondering why he wasn’t staying with me, my brother pulled up in a car. Out of the car came my dog and my brother, his current girlfriend and her whole family (parents and siblings). I was thrilled to have a reunion with my dog, while my brother’s girlfriend (who he actually met long after my dog was gone) and her family went inside my cabin and each claimed one of the 5 cots that were there. I wondered how I would tell them that one of those cots was mine and I wasn’t actually expecting them to stay very long. Then I woke up.

The highlight was seeing my dog. I love those occasional dreams where it really feels like I get to be with him again for a while.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.