Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jun 2021, 6:40am
Kind of like last week, a couple dream narratives intertwined and I've already lost most of the story, but each were about watching sports, one football and the other hockey (I also was fleeing my family from a wedding—they were being abusive to me—but I don't recall how that really fits in). The main moment was watching this hockey game and a brawl broke out. One of the players had a folding chair that was in its flattened position and threw it like a discus at the goalie and its sliced his head off. Just lying there on the ice. Everyone was freaking out, but when I "looked" again, it was the goalie's arm that had been severed. I woke up in an adrenalin rush that also numbed my body.
The goalie represents either the Leafs, or possibly Scotty Bowman, and I love that the NHL thread has seeped into your dreams. :mrgreen:
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
02 Jun 2021, 10:00am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kind of like last week, a couple dream narratives intertwined and I've already lost most of the story, but each were about watching sports, one football and the other hockey (I also was fleeing my family from a wedding—they were being abusive to me—but I don't recall how that really fits in). The main moment was watching this hockey game and a brawl broke out. One of the players had a folding chair that was in its flattened position and threw it like a discus at the goalie and its sliced his head off. Just lying there on the ice. Everyone was freaking out, but when I "looked" again, it was the goalie's arm that had been severed. I woke up in an adrenalin rush that also numbed my body.
The goalie represents either the Leafs, or possibly Scotty Bowman, and I love that the NHL thread has seeped into your dreams. :mrgreen:
I don't even watch hockey. Like, not since the early 90s.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
02 Jun 2021, 9:21am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Typical lazy dreamer getting nothing done.
I assume you're taking care of business for everyone in the unconscious.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jun 2021, 10:25am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
This is why so little gets done around here.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
02 Jun 2021, 11:15am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jun 2021, 10:25am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
This is why so little gets done around here.
Sorry, dream revbob, we've sent your job to an eight-year-old in Bangladesh. She'll be doing all the shitty dream chores that you and your union buddies think you're too good for.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Kimmelweck wrote:
02 Jun 2021, 10:00am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Not a word of lie: I actually dreamt about hockey after the Leafs once again exposed themselves as frauds. AND THEY LOST IN MY DREAM.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I have gotten so soft in my dotage. Despite my hostility to the very concept of Toronto, I feel bad when the Leafs lose now and am even okay with the Jays winning (assuming it's not against Boston). I used to be nourished by my sports resentments … :disshame:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

For some reason I was traveling with my softball team. We flew into some place and then needed to get train tickets as well to get back home. One guy had all the tickets and a bunch of people hadnt landed yet. I asked for my train ticket so i could get going. He gave them all to me to find mine. I couldn't find mine nor did I recognize any of the names on the tickets. Somehow I ended up then getting on the train with all the tickets. I didnt realize I had all the tickets until I got home. The train people never asked to see my ticket. Anyway the team had to buy new tickets at $50 each and were demanding their money from me for the original tickets and were all really pissed at me. Dont recall how it all ended...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 5:59am
For some reason I was traveling with my softball team. We flew into some place and then needed to get train tickets as well to get back home. One guy had all the tickets and a bunch of people hadnt landed yet. I asked for my train ticket so i could get going. He gave them all to me to find mine. I couldn't find mine nor did I recognize any of the names on the tickets. Somehow I ended up then getting on the train with all the tickets. I didnt realize I had all the tickets until I got home. The train people never asked to see my ticket. Anyway the team had to buy new tickets at $50 each and were demanding their money from me for the original tickets and were all really pissed at me. Dont recall how it all ended...

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dreamt I was at work. In the basement of a building that had a lot of chemical Iines running thru it. There was a ceiling tile that was sagging and some liquid was dripping from it and I was trying to convince management that someone needed to investigate this before the tile gave out and whatever that liquid was got all over the place. They were saying its probably just water.

2nd dream. I was outside and looking up at the sky it was filled with jets and their contrails. At one point it looked Ike a swarm of jets darting about in all directions like a swarm of bees.

3rd dream.
Family vacation. For some reason I got to the hotel first riding my bike. I was stopped outside by security I told them I had a reservation they verified it and then asked me what was in my backpack I more or less showed them but they were convinced I was hiding something and took it from me. They found a medication container. They were concerned it was some kind of "dangerous drugs". I told them to read the label and then accepted it was safe to let me in. I picked up my backpack and slung it over one shoulder while making sure it hit one security guy in the face and then drove my car up to the hotel. I met my wife there. The place had an eerie cult like atmosphere saying all guests needed to gather in some area at a designated time. There were people saying this as well as announcements being broadcast. To get to our room we first had to scale this man made stream with rocks that acted as stairs. At the top of the stairs was a deeper but more or less level stream. It started knee deep and eventually it was over our heads and we had to swim. Eventually we got to our room. It was big but it hadn't been kept up and things were broken and dirty. The bathroom had standing water in the tub and sink so I had to go and find maintenance to fix it. I had to help the guy drag this heavy long hose that was used to vacuum out the water and source of the clog but in talking to the guy he was doing this in all the rooms.

That's about all I remember so yeah, proving Doc right my dreams are about work even when not about work.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I couple times while I was a teenager I spent chunks of my summer and weekends in the fall on my brother-in-law and sister's farm, helping out with harvest and other shit. Driving the combine is seriously monotonous stuff, going slowly up and down the field, looking forward to make sure you're straight, looking back to make sure the intake hasn't gotten plugged. Shitty as that can be, it infects your dreams. You spend your unconscious hours dreaming about the same thing. I thought it was just me, but one day my b-i-l commented that farm work is tough enough without doing it in your sleep, too, so it's pretty common. Just thought of that with all of revbob's work-themed dreams.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 12:01pm
I couple times while I was a teenager I spent chunks of my summer and weekends in the fall on my brother-in-law and sister's farm, helping out with harvest and other shit. Driving the combine is seriously monotonous stuff, going slowly up and down the field, looking forward to make sure you're straight, looking back to make sure the intake hasn't gotten plugged. Shitty as that can be, it infects your dreams. You spend your unconscious hours dreaming about the same thing. I thought it was just me, but one day my b-i-l commented that farm work is tough enough without doing it in your sleep, too, so it's pretty common. Just thought of that with all of revbob's work-themed dreams.
I'll say this it beats the school dreams that I used to have those were all about being unprepared.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 12:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 12:01pm
I'll say this it beats the school dreams that I used to have those were all about being unprepared.
I used to have semi-regular dreams about an actual class I took, a sociology intro course, in my last year as an undergrad. I think I needed it to fulfill some requirement but it was basically a blow-off elective at that point. The prof was also a textbook lecturer, so I quickly learned that I didn't need to go to lectures. I know there was a term paper, but I have no recollection of writing it or of taking any of the exams. My transcript says I must have, and yet …. Anyway, in my dream, I show up at the final class and I haven't done anything and I'm not going to graduate, so I'm a total nervous wreck.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dont really recall this well. I was at one point riding my bike in the dark then met up with Doc and some other people. Doc and I shared a steak at some pub. At one point Bob Mould came on the radio. When we headed out it was still night time but totally like day light. And I had an armful of velcro who I tried to convince someone to take but they also had an armload. More weird shit I cant recall

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 6:50am
Dont really recall this well. I was at one point riding my bike in the dark then met up with Doc and some other people. Doc and I shared a steak at some pub. At one point Bob Mould came on the radio. When we headed out it was still night time but totally like day light. And I had an armful of velcro who I tried to convince someone to take but they also had an armload. More weird shit I cant recall
So who picked up the tab on the steak?