Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I don't recall a whole lot from this dream but there are elements that are worth relating. There was a series of murders at a hospital that I was trying to solve, and got the impression that the killer was after me. I went home to a darkened house and was aware that I wasn't alone. I went from room to room and, very much like in a movie, someone stepped out of the shadows and walked at me, his hands in fists as I clenched mine. What's notable is the adrenalin rush I experienced that woke me—it was like an electric current—and the killer, who was wearing beat-up jeans and a grey hoodie, looked a lot like Jared Weaver. It took me a few minutes lying there, waiting for my heart to slow down, before I figured out the face.

"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 8:22am
I don't recall a whole lot from this dream but there are elements that are worth relating. There was a series of murders at a hospital that I was trying to solve, and got the impression that the killer was after me. I went home to a darkened house and was aware that I wasn't alone. I went from room to room and, very much like in a movie, someone stepped out of the shadows and walked at me, his hands in fists as I clenched mine. What's notable is the adrenalin rush I experienced that woke me—it was like an electric current—and the killer, who was wearing beat-up jeans and a grey hoodie, looked a lot like Jared Weaver. It took me a few minutes lying there, waiting for my heart to slow down, before I figured out the face.

His brother Jeff was probably right behind you.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 3:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

If he couldn't find the plate, I can't imagine him being able to find me. God, what a chump he was.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 3:22pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

If he couldn't find the plate, I can't imagine him being able to find me. God, what a chump he was.
At least you didn't have him on your team.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 4:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

You also have Pavano at the same time. What a tribute to underachieving. I'm blame Jeter for not gazing their way more often.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 4:56pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

You also have Pavano at the same time. What a tribute to underachieving. I'm blame Jeter for not gazing their way more often.
There really was no data to indicate he would be a success in NY either. Detroit is considered a pitcher's park and he sucked there.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 5:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

There really was no data to indicate he would be a success in NY either. Detroit is considered a pitcher's park and he sucked there.
With the exception of the ARod trade, the Yankees made just a shit-ton of dubious signings and trades after losing the 2001 WS and then getting bounced by the Tepgels in '02. Still a ridiculously good team with that deep core, but the new parts were a mishmosh.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 6:18pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

With the exception of the ARod trade, the Yankees made just a shit-ton of dubious signings and trades after losing the 2001 WS and then getting bounced by the Tepgels in '02. Still a ridiculously good team with that deep core, but the new parts were a mishmosh.
Yeah throwing together a bunch of "superstars" make make a team of superstars but it doesn't make a superstar team.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 7:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 6:18pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Yeah throwing together a bunch of "superstars" make make a team of superstars but it doesn't make a superstar team.
It was the worst of Steinbrenner being Steinbrenner with that amazing 90s core. It's a shame that Torre got so much shit for the lack of postseason success after 2000, but the roster was what the roster was.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

A very active dream night but Im not remembering most of any of them mostly I recall the recent one.

The last dream had me and someone who later turned into John Cusack walking along and we were hungry so we stopped in this little store to get some heat lamp fresh hashbrowns. The place also had some seating and free wifi. They also had an sftp server setup (not sure why) but someone we knew hacked it and the store didnt seem to care but basically it was stealing info from people using the wifi. We went to find the guy. As we were leaving a nearby school had just let out and kids were streaming in to buy shit. We started walking to our car and now is when he's John Cusack. We start crossing the street but I point out the car is in a parking lot on the side we are on so it wouldn't make sense to cross the street, so we continue walking. Someone grabbed JCs hat (although he hadn't been wearing one) and ran off with it and got in a van near our car. JC goes to the van and gets pulled inside and is being held while he tries to negotiate the return of his hat. Im somehow aware of what he is up to and I get in our car and position it for him to jump in and make our getaway. At that point I think is when the alarm went off.

I also had a dream with a few people from here in it but dont recall the details. It might have been the classroom one...

classroom setting. The teacher was just shouting out assignments but I had no way to write or record them so I couldn't remember. Then she decided I was sitting near people who were distracting me and needed to move me ...

Another dream had me going into this building that served as a catholic school/Church where I grew up. They setup for church in the school gym/auditorium every week. There was some sort of non church but still somewhat religious thing going on and I was wondering the halls of the school although I was supposed to be working a snack table for which I had no snacks.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Apr 2021, 6:35am
The last dream had me and someone who later turned into John Cusack walking along and we were hungry so we stopped in this little store to get some heat lamp fresh hashbrowns. The place also had some seating and free wifi. They also had an sftp server setup (not sure why) but someone we knew hacked it and the store didnt seem to care but basically it was stealing info from people using the wifi. We went to find the guy. As we were leaving a nearby school had just let out and kids were streaming in to buy shit. We started walking to our car and now is when he's John Cusack. We start crossing the street but I point out the car is in a parking lot on the side we are on so it wouldn't make sense to cross the street, so we continue walking. Someone grabbed JCs hat (although he hadn't been wearing one) and ran off with it and got in a van near our car. JC goes to the van and gets pulled inside and is being held while he tries to negotiate the return of his hat. Im somehow aware of what he is up to and I get in our car and position it for him to jump in and make our getaway. At that point I think is when the alarm went off.
In Stand By Me, John Cusack played Gordie's dead brother. Gordie inherited his Yankees cap, which was later taken by Kiefer Sutherland. Which would make you … Corey Feldman?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Apr 2021, 7:00am
revbob wrote:
In Stand By Me, John Cusack played Gordie's dead brother. Gordie inherited his Yankees cap, which was later taken by Kiefer Sutherland. Which would make you … Corey Feldman?
Ha! Better than the other Corey. This is fucked up as Ive seen this movie a few times but dont recall the hat thing nor Cusack being a dead guy.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Apr 2021, 7:03am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Ha! Better than the other Corey. This is fucked up as Ive seen this movie a few times but dont recall the hat thing nor Cusack being a dead guy.
You only see Cusack in one scene, in a flashback where he's defending Gordie to their dad. Off-screen, his character died in a "jeep accident." Later on, Gordie and Chris "Viper Club" Chambers are walking in the town and Sutherland steals the hat off Gordie's head. (I've seen that movie 50 times, I think. It's a former friend's favourite flick, so we'd watch it plenty.)

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Apr 2021, 7:09am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
You only see Cusack in one scene, in a flashback where he's defending Gordie to their dad. Off-screen, his character died in a "jeep accident." Later on, Gordie and Chris "Viper Club" Chambers are walking in the town and Sutherland steals the hat off Gordie's head. (I've seen that movie 50 times, I think. It's a former friend's favourite flick, so we'd watch it plenty.)
I don't remember movies as well as I should. My son was referring to Rogue One last night and I pretended to know what he was talking about :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Apr 2021, 7:21am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Apr 2021, 7:09am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
I don't remember movies as well as I should. My son was referring to Rogue One last night and I pretended to know what he was talking about :shifty:
Obligatory dad stuff.