Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 10:44am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 10:37am
revbob wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 10:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 9:49am
revbob wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 9:43am
I dreamt I was going on vacation but kept running into various obstacles. No passport, no boarding pass, forgot to arrange for someone to take care of the pets, got pulled over by a cop, some hipster telling me he gets personal calls from the members of T-Rex.
Did you get time off from your boss?
I knew I was forgetting something...else.
If you can't handle the Anderson account, young Livingston can.
Livingston!? he hasn't even gotten his first pubes. Anderson will have him for lunch.
Livingston's a college man and he's willing to work twice as hard for half the pay.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 11:16am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 9:49am

Did you get time off from your boss?
Livingston!? he hasn't even gotten his first pubes. Anderson will have him for lunch.
Livingston's a college man and he's willing to work twice as hard for half the pay.
Just so you know he's willing to work twice as hard on your wife too.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 12:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 11:16am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Just so you know he's willing to work twice as hard on your wife too.
Nobody talks to Wilbur Shittenstain IV like that! Clean out your desk and leave immediately!

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dreamed I was lying in bed in a dimly lit motel room, watching an historical documentary on TV about a television set from the early 60s. The narrator was saying that when this television set debuted, it was very popular with consumers, who flocked to stores to buy it. The brand was Middletown Classics, but when consumers got it home, they compared it with their neighbors’ TV sets, and found that no two Middletown Classics TVs were alike. For some reason this pissed people off, so the company’s phone lines were deluged with calls and complaints. As I watched, I realized that the TV in my room, placed at an angle in the corner, was similar to the one in the documentary, with about a 20 inch screen, an ivory-colored plastic shell, and a brown plastic control panel to the left of the screen with gold colored channel buttons. I climbed out of bed to get a closer look – sure enough, the label on the TV said “Middletown Classics, Middletown, Illinois 89603”. (I googled it later. The town apparently exists – there’s probably a Middletown in every state - but the zip code was not a match. The TV brand never existed and was fully a figment of my imagination.)

As I sat back down on the bed and continued watching the documentary, I noticed a sheer curtain hanging on the wall of my motel room to the right of the TV and realized it was actually a divider between two rooms, with a bunch of junk piled in a darkened storage room on the other side. I thought I saw movement in the other room, and watched out of the corner of my eye as someone crawled on the floor and inched their way further into view, clearly peering through the sheer curtain. They then began to crawl beneath the curtain onto my side. A bit freaked out, I angrily confronted the intruder, who pointed at the TV and said he was just trying to get a better view of it (as though that was a perfectly acceptable excuse for creeping into my room). Just before I started raining punches on the guy, I woke up. :scared:
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Last night's dream: I popped a boner and when I looked down at it, it looked like a chicken leg (just the drumstick) with the bony part at the tip. It freaked me out, so I ripped it off and yanked all my inner girl parts out. So I'm just staring at this dangling mess and screaming for the man, we have to get to the hospital NOW!!

*this is so full of puns

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 11:57am
Last night's dream: I popped a boner and when I looked down at it, it looked like a chicken leg (just the drumstick) with the bony part at the tip. It freaked me out, so I ripped it off and yanked all my inner girl parts out. So I'm just staring at this dangling mess and screaming for the man, we have to get to the hospital NOW!!

*this is so full of puns

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 12:33pm
Mimi wrote:

*this is so full of puns
Thanks. I've lost my boner now. For good.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Mimi wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 12:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

*this is so full of puns
[
Maybe Gary's got it? :mrgreen:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

*this is so full of puns
Sometimes a chicken leg is just a chicken leg. Probably not in your case, but still.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 12:53pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

*this is so full of puns
Sometimes a chicken leg is just a chicken leg. Probably not in your case, but still.
Speaking of boners, was Freud a genius, ahead of his time, or was he just a dirty old man?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 12:55pm
Speaking of boners, was Freud a genius, ahead of his time, or was he just a dirty old man?
I remember reading an observation that Freud was typical of modernist intellectuals (roughly mid-19th to mid-20th c) in that they believed that what we saw on the surface obscured the real mechanics below. Freud saw it in humans, Einstein and his peers with the atom and quantum laws, Marx with economy and society—the real truth is below. Postmodernism is more driven by the idea that there is no truth down there, or at least not one we can agree on.

On the other hand, John Ralston Saul wrote that Freud had a lousy relationship with his parents and spent a career persuading everyone else they did too.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

*this is so full of puns
Can't it be both?
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I dreamt i made it to my vacation destination and it was awesome. I was body surfing on some killer waves brah.

But seriously i was body surfing and it was great. Not a hint of work crept in.

I also played some baseball wow it was the stuff of dreams for sure.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Olaf wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 1:38pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Can't it be both?
It usually is. :shifty:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I was back to work last night.