Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 9:28am
You guys have such interesting dreams - especially Doc's dream version of a Kaleb Horton biopic.
I've never dreamed about the quest for authenticity in folk, country, and the blues!
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Odd but not funny dream from last night. I came downstairs early in the morning to a Christmas-like scene—soft-focus, darkish, orange and blue lighting—and my dad, who's been dead for almost twenty years, was sitting or kneeling on the floor. He was holding a tumbler of rye and Coke and it clearly wasn't his first (notable, too, my dad rarely drank). I went over to him and asked him what was wrong. He looked up, kind of pleading, and said, "Schizophrenia." I asked him, "How long?" And then I snapped awake. Just an incredibly strange narrative, especially my dad's appearance, where he acted completely different from his actual life.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was working for a PR firm dealing with a fast food chain's recent disaster (I'm thinking it was McDonald's but I'm not sure). It had released a really liquidy toffee—it came in pouches and you ate it with a spoon—and it was Mountain Dew flavoured. Yet that wasn't the problem, believe it or not. Somehow it was perceived as anti-Semitic. And the agreed upon solution was to give customer small servings of cheddar and brie. And the entire time I'm telling management that free cheese will not make this fucking problem go away.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 8:35am
I was working for a PR firm dealing with a fast food chain's recent disaster (I'm thinking it was McDonald's but I'm not sure). It had released a really liquidy toffee—it came in pouches and you ate it with a spoon—and it was Mountain Dew flavoured. Yet that wasn't the problem, believe it or not. Somehow it was perceived as anti-Semitic. And the agreed upon solution was to give customer small servings of cheddar and brie. And the entire time I'm telling management that free cheese will not make this fucking problem go away.
Ok, the last one was chilling, but this made me laugh out loud.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm offended.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 1:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm offended.
Yeah I'm not Jewish but if I was you couldn't buy me off with fucking cheese. Make sure those fat cats in your dreams know that.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm offended.
By the Mountain Dew toffee or the free cheese solution? I mean, to me it's a pick 'em.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 2:54pm
Make sure those fat cats in your dreams know that.
I lose jobs even quicker in my dreams than in reality.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm offended.
By the Mountain Dew toffee or the free cheese solution? I mean, to me it's a pick 'em.
Can't it be both?
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 4:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm offended.
Can't it be both?
But can we agree that Mountain Dew is anti-Semitic and its supporters should be shunned?

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 4:35pm
JennyB wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 4:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm offended.
Can't it be both?
But can we agree that Mountain Dew is anti-Semitic and its supporters should be shunned?
Of course.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

I keep having dreams about Kitty. Last night, I was looking for her, except for some reason I knew her name to be Hannah. Anyway, some older woman with glasses and an 1980s haircut, was supposed to be watching her. This woman was a slob, had beds everywhere, had cats hiding in all sorts of places, and had a minor hoarding problem. I went to pick Kitty up from this woman and couldn't find my cat anywhere. I searched under all the beds, in the closets, under sofas, everywhere, but I couldn't find Kitty anywhere. When I asked the woman when was the last time she saw my cat, she just kind of shrugged and said, "Well, she was here this morning." I was more scared/concerned than pissed off. I woke up before I could find Kitty. :cry:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 8:52am
I keep having dreams about Kitty. Last night, I was looking for her, except for some reason I knew her name to be Hannah. Anyway, some older woman with glasses and an 1980s haircut, was supposed to be watching her. This woman was a slob, had beds everywhere, had cats hiding in all sorts of places, and had a minor hoarding problem. I went to pick Kitty up from this woman and couldn't find my cat anywhere. I searched under all the beds, in the closets, under sofas, everywhere, but I couldn't find Kitty anywhere. When I asked the woman when was the last time she saw my cat, she just kind of shrugged and said, "Well, she was here this morning." I was more scared/concerned than pissed off. I woke up before I could find Kitty. :cry:
That's horrible, especially if it's recurring.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 9:03am
Mimi wrote:
Yeah. It's probably because I miss her.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 9:06am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 9:03am
Mimi wrote:
Yeah. It's probably because I miss her.
It's the part that you don't find her that is so awful. If we're going to dream about past pets, it should be about being with them again. Stupid unconscious.