Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by revbob »

Also Doc when is the next Big Anus album coming out.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 10:27am
Trouble remembering the storyline of my dreams lately but a recurring theme has been me not having a mask in places I should be wearing one. Then last week I really walked into work one morning without a mask. I nearly got to my desk when it hit me that I didn't have a mask. Not many people were in and I didn't see anyone, just ran back out to my car and got one.
You were so close to achieving true freedom in your dreams, breaking free of the tyranny of big government mask dictates. Such a shame.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 10:28am
Also Doc when is the next Big Anus album coming out.
Covid's fucked with bowling alleys, so that's messed with her musical ambitions. Instead, Big Anus is focused on writing her memoirs.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

A funny experience I had the other night: The dream I had, or rather the main storyline (which I don't remember at all) was interrupted repeatedly by short, slapstick-like sequences, completely unrelated to the rest, in which a film crew tried to shoot a scene, and each time something went horribly wrong. Even while I was still dreaming I thought that was weird. Don't think that ever happened before.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 11:19am
A funny experience I had the other night: The dream I had, or rather the main storyline (which I don't remember at all) was interrupted repeatedly by short, slapstick-like sequences, completely unrelated to the rest, in which a film crew tried to shoot a scene, and each time something went horribly wrong. Even while I was still dreaming I thought that was weird. Don't think that ever happened before.
Benny Hill in lederhosen should have worked, the backers maintained, even as the show was cancelled.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

I dreamed last night that someone was pushing a shopping cart with a squeaky wheel around my kitchen floor for what seemed like hours. It was maddening. I awoke to find that the sound was actually the hum from a fan I had left blowing on me, combined with a splashing sound from the filter of one of my aquariums.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

This dream morphed all over the place. I forget how it started but it was something creepy back in the woods where I grew up in NY. Then it changed to me having a flat tire but there was a tire and auto repair place nearby and there was just a nail in the tire. They were supposedly open til 7pm and it was only around 330. I go there and the guy says no we dont stay open late anymore but if you leave it we will get it first thing tomorrow but my car actually had two flat tires now. One had a huge bolt in the tire so it would need replacing not just repair. So I leave it and suddenly Im in NJ, my wife is with me and we go see some of her friends and are gonna spend the night. During the night. I got involved in working on some kind of ad hoc and completely unregulated nuclear reactor. It was less like a nuclear reactor though and more like a restaurant kitchen. Later Im back at wife friends place (they didnt like me). And we've watched a movie and were talking about it after. I made a comment on climate change brought on by man was perhaps the biggest problem we were facing. One of them said well what about slavery, to which they all basically agreed and were incredulous that I didn't think slavery was a problem. I replied that I hadn't actually said that but they were having none of it. At this point I excused myself to use the bathroom.
Im thinking my car should be ready and go to find it or at least will wait until its ready. Well their bathroom is in a mall and Im now stuck in this huge mall in NJ and Im trying to get breakfast but all the eateries are full or the people working there dont care so no food. I decide to go get my car, the place is near the mall and I get lost in the mall trying to find the exit near the car place. The place is full of people and at times I get swept up in the crowd and transported to a different area. Every time I think Im close to the right exit I get there and look outside and its the wrong place.
I woke up after several unsuccessful attempts to find my car.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

revbob wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 8:18am
This dream morphed all over the place. I forget how it started but it was something creepy back in the woods where I grew up in NY. Then it changed to me having a flat tire but there was a tire and auto repair place nearby and there was just a nail in the tire. They were supposedly open til 7pm and it was only around 330. I go there and the guy says no we dont stay open late anymore but if you leave it we will get it first thing tomorrow but my car actually had two flat tires now. One had a huge bolt in the tire so it would need replacing not just repair. So I leave it and suddenly Im in NJ, my wife is with me and we go see some of her friends and are gonna spend the night. During the night. I got involved in working on some kind of ad hoc and completely unregulated nuclear reactor. It was less like a nuclear reactor though and more like a restaurant kitchen. Later Im back at wife friends place (they didnt like me). And we've watched a movie and were talking about it after. I made a comment on climate change brought on by man was perhaps the biggest problem we were facing. One of them said well what about slavery, to which they all basically agreed and were incredulous that I didn't think slavery was a problem. I replied that I hadn't actually said that but they were having none of it. At this point I excused myself to use the bathroom.
Im thinking my car should be ready and go to find it or at least will wait until its ready. Well their bathroom is in a mall and Im now stuck in this huge mall in NJ and Im trying to get breakfast but all the eateries are full or the people working there dont care so no food. I decide to go get my car, the place is near the mall and I get lost in the mall trying to find the exit near the car place. The place is full of people and at times I get swept up in the crowd and transported to a different area. Every time I think Im close to the right exit I get there and look outside and its the wrong place.
Almost sounds like an episode of Curb Your Enthusiam, with you in the Larry David role.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 8:18am
Solid narrative. I like how your brain didn't abandon the flat tire aspect but brought you back there after being exposed as a neo-Confederate.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Ha, thanks Kimmelweck and Doc. There was another part where I was driving a tank of some sort but I don't recall where that fit in.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 9:02am
Ha, thanks Kimmelweck and Doc. There was another part where I was driving a tank of some sort but I don't recall where that fit in.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 9:25am
revbob wrote:
No I think I was basically hunting a rapist or something. There was this woman who went as bait into this poorly lit park and I was waiting for him to show. I think that was before I went to the reactor. Not sure though.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 9:41am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
No I think I was basically hunting a rapist or something. There was this woman who went as bait into this poorly lit park and I was waiting for him to show. I think that was before I went to the reactor. Not sure though.
In my version, you still looked like Duke.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 9:42am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
I don't have the eyebrows to pull off that look.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 9:49am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 9:42am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
I don't have the eyebrows to pull off that look.
Now that Andy Rooney is dead, few do.