Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by revbob »

I like that my dream recall seems to be improving

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

revbob wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 6:49pm
I like that my dream recall seems to be improving
Yeah that was a good detailed one. Unlike my squeaky wheel shopping cart dream from last night, which was a bit one-dimensional. On the other hand, I fell asleep on the couch in my living room the night before last at around 1am and had a weird restless dream where I felt as though I was drifting in and out of sleep, but I was really dreaming the whole time:

In the dream, I kept repeatedly “waking up” in the dark on the couch, to the sound of a radio. I’d think I was awake and lying on the couch, and I could see the stuff in my living room dimly illuminated by a light from another room, as though I had actually awakened. During these “waking” periods, I’d catch broken low-volume bits of a radio broadcast of a hockey game, and the old-timey hockey announcer kept referring to a forward line of Seecord, Leener and O’Branca, but it was difficult to hear the rest of the broadcast, like it was a weak radio signal. I’d strain to hear it, but could mostly just make out the cadence. At one point I clearly heard “He scoooores!!! Tyler White!”, but I knew that I hadn’t left a radio on. It felt like I was picking up broken radio signals in my head, or from the table fan or something - but then I’d irresistibly "doze off" within the dream and the radio sound would go away, as would the awareness of being on the couch. Then I’d “awaken” to it again a few moments later. This happened 4 or 5 times.

I wanted to get up and see where the sound was coming from - I had a weird feeling that someone else was in the house. Were they listening to a radio in another room? I kept trying to physically get up and see who was there, but I felt paralyzed and couldn’t get up because of course I was really asleep. I had a distinct sensation of being in an edge-of-sleep state that I was struggling to break out of. I also wanted to go to my desk to look up whether there was a late game on, mostly just to see if these players (Seecord, Leener and O’Branca, and Tyler White) actually existed (as far as I know, they don’t). Eventually I dreamed that I managed to get up and walk to the desk, but my neck felt numb and my head was hanging down onto my shoulder. I turned on my computer, but immediately dozed off again with my head on the desk. Then I actually woke up on the couch, and found that I hadn’t previously awakened and walked to the desk at all. The whole dream only encompassed maybe 10 minutes of dream time and I woke up at 4am.
Shoot straight for once, you Army pukes. - Lt. Col. Andrew Tanner, USAF

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

It's cool that you guys are getting a better handle on your dreams. It's rewarding in its own way. I'm not at a proper lucid dream ability—actually controlling dreams—but often being aware that it's a dream keeps it from being unsettling, or at least enjoyable.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

That sounds like a frustrating dream Kimmelweck.

I had a similar dream in high school. I did fall asleep with the radio on but I either didn't know where the awful music was coming from or couldn't move. It was Foreigner on the radio and it wouldn't stop and I couldn't stop. It was hell.

It has been great remembering my dreams. I find it weird that sometimes I can say this is a dream nothing to worry about and other times its just disturbing shit and you wake up seriously troubled.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I had a non-locker dream last night!

I dreamed that a pet store opened up nearby that was selling puppies, so I went in there and was telling people not to buy from there because the dogs came from puppy mills. A whole bunch of people I knew were in there buying puppies and just shrugged when I told them not to. That's all I really remember.

This had to be triggered by a conversation I had on Facebook last night. I'm in a betta fish info group and someone had posted about how a whole bunch of them died during the power outages in Texas at Petco and Petsmart. So I commented that I wish those stores would stop selling animals altogether (fish, hamsters, guinea pigs, etc) but that I like how they facilitated adoption events for dogs and cats. Some dude misread my comment and told me that I shouldn't by dogs from pet stores. I was like, huh? Anyway, this is the first dream I have remembered in a long time. My dog, who usually wakes me up in the middle of the night to go out (VH miraculously always manages to sleep right through that), slept through the night and I had eight uninterrupted hours of sleep for the first time in forever.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 11:17am
I had a non-locker dream last night!

I dreamed that a pet store opened up nearby that was selling puppies, so I went in there and was telling people not to buy from there because the dogs came from puppy mills. A whole bunch of people I knew were in there buying puppies and just shrugged when I told them not to. That's all I really remember.

This had to be triggered by a conversation I had on Facebook last night. I'm in a betta fish info group and someone had posted about how a whole bunch of them died during the power outages in Texas at Petco and Petsmart. So I commented that I wish those stores would stop selling animals altogether (fish, hamsters, guinea pigs, etc) but that I like how they facilitated adoption events for dogs and cats. Some dude misread my comment and told me that I shouldn't by dogs from pet stores. I was like, huh? Anyway, this is the first dream I have remembered in a long time. My dog, who usually wakes me up in the middle of the night to go out (VH miraculously always manages to sleep right through that), slept through the night and I had eight uninterrupted hours of sleep for the first time in forever.
In the part you don't recall, your arms transformed into flamethrowers and you melted down the customers. Then it got weird.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

My dreams last night involved doing track. I did track in 8th grade and didn't like it much

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 1:40pm
My dreams last night involved doing track. I did track in 8th grade and didn't like it much
And then your legs turned into flamethrowers and you melted down your coach.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 1:44pm
revbob wrote:
This wasnt me but I was in HS at this point...
https://www.edweek.org/education/distri ... up/1984/06
Two physical-education teachers at the James A. Farley Middle School in Stony Point, N.Y., have been charged with third-degree assault for allegedly marking a 14-year-old student’s back with an electrical engraving machine.

Both teachers, Louis Avino and Paul DiVico, entered pleas of not guilty late last month before Town Justice Louis Vicare.

According to the complaint filed by the boy’s parents, the teachers pulled the boy into a coach’s office and marked his back with an engraver apparently used to mark gym equipment. As a result, the boy suffered L- and X-shaped welts and lacerations, the complaint states.

The teachers have been suspended with full pay and if found guilty of the misdemeanor charge, will lose their positions at the school, said Glen Eberhart, superintendent of the North Rockland School District.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 1:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Two physical-education teachers at the James A. Farley Middle School in Stony Point, N.Y., have been charged with third-degree assault for allegedly marking a 14-year-old student’s back with an electrical engraving machine.

Both teachers, Louis Avino and Paul DiVico, entered pleas of not guilty late last month before Town Justice Louis Vicare.

According to the complaint filed by the boy’s parents, the teachers pulled the boy into a coach’s office and marked his back with an engraver apparently used to mark gym equipment. As a result, the boy suffered L- and X-shaped welts and lacerations, the complaint states.

The teachers have been suspended with full pay and if found guilty of the misdemeanor charge, will lose their positions at the school, said Glen Eberhart, superintendent of the North Rockland School District.
I hope they were freaked out on PCP at the time because little else explains what they did.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 2:02pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I hope they were freaked out on PCP at the time because little else explains what they did.
Third-degree sounds remarkably weak for this. Was the defense that the kid did it to himself?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I dont think that was part of their plea. Avino was my track coach. I'll be honest and say I was surprised by this as he was usually pretty easy going especially for a gym coach.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 2:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Third-degree sounds remarkably weak for this. Was the defense that the kid did it to himself?
I honestly don't recall what the defense was.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

A lot of dumb work stuff much of the night.

This one is a little fuzzy...
At one point I had a dream where it was summer and I had some food on the grill and picked some corn to cook. A neighbor came by and I offered her to stay for dinner. I could immediately tell my wife didn't want that. The neighbor accepted the offer though and soon it was an all out party. But I wasn't able to have much fun as I was going around checking on things and some food got burned. I tried a burger and it was like biting into a piece of burnt toast. It just crumbled in my mouth and it tasted awful. Then I found some burned burgers in the laundry closet. The dream started at my current home and eventually switched to where I grew up. People kept showing up whenever I tried to sit down and chat with someone so I had to do the host thing and say hello, introduce everyone etc. Then fucking work crept into it too and I had some report I needed to submit the next day but I didnt have all the data I needed and my dog (from when I was a kid) showed up and started drinking from a flower pot with rainwater in it. And someone got really upset about that. I took him inside but couldn't find a bowl to put water in for him so I just sat with him pet him and talked to him.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 8:56am
A lot of dumb work stuff much of the night.

This one is a little fuzzy...
At one point I had a dream where it was summer and I had some food on the grill and picked some corn to cook. A neighbor came by and I offered her to stay for dinner. I could immediately tell my wife didn't want that. The neighbor accepted the offer though and soon it was an all out party. But I wasn't able to have much fun as I was going around checking on things and some food got burned. I tried a burger and it was like biting into a piece of burnt toast. It just crumbled in my mouth and it tasted awful. Then I found some burned burgers in the laundry closet. The dream started at my current home and eventually switched to where I grew up. People kept showing up whenever I tried to sit down and chat with someone so I had to do the host thing and say hello, introduce everyone etc. Then fucking work crept into it too and I had some report I needed to submit the next day but I didnt have all the data I needed and my dog (from when I was a kid) showed up and started drinking from a flower pot with rainwater in it. And someone got really upset about that. I took him inside but couldn't find a bowl to put water in for him so I just sat with him pet him and talked to him.
So what you're saying is you didn't get the project done. *sigh* Okay, I'll call the client and see if we can work out an extension. Next time, tho, prioritize work over family and food, huh? I'm trying to operate a business and that doesn't mean my employees being unproductive eating and stuff.