Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 10:07am
Had a dream the other night that I was on the beach and a tsunami was coming. It was the middle of the night, so the beach was only lit by dim moonlight. I tried to run away from the ocean, but there was a wall of sand that I had to climb. The sand was kind of wet, like the kind you use to build sand castles, but when I tried to climb, I could make it partway up before it crumbled and I fell back to the beach level. I was eventually able to get up the wall and the dream kind of faded out at that point, so no resolution if I escaped the tsunami.

Told my wife about it as "hey I had a scary dream last night," and she responded, "wow, that's a really bad anxiety dream." I didn't consider it for some reason, but that's spot on.

Had another dream last night that my college friend was hosting a house party. Billie Joe Armstrong (not Green Day, just him) was performing along with Kid Rock??? And I saw BJA coming to the house and I tried to high five him and he pushed me to the ground and kicked me. He later made amends. Surprised it wasn't Bob Ritchie that was the total dick, but I didn't interact with him in the dream so who knows?
So you survived the tsunami and were deposited near Kid Rock. Jesus hates you.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:

I saw BJA coming to the house and I tried to high five him and he pushed me to the ground and kicked me. He later made amends. Surprised it wasn't Bob Ritchie that was the total dick, but I didn't interact with him in the dream so who knows?
What's the wife's take on that?

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

matedog wrote:
Had a dream the other night that I was on the beach and a tsunami was coming. It was the middle of the night, so the beach was only lit by dim moonlight. I tried to run away from the ocean, but there was a wall of sand that I had to climb. The sand was kind of wet, like the kind you use to build sand castles, but when I tried to climb, I could make it partway up before it crumbled and I fell back to the beach level. I was eventually able to get up the wall and the dream kind of faded out at that point, so no resolution if I escaped the tsunami.

Told my wife about it as "hey I had a scary dream last night," and she responded, "wow, that's a really bad anxiety dream." I didn't consider it for some reason, but that's spot on.

Had another dream last night that my college friend was hosting a house party. Billie Joe Armstrong (not Green Day, just him) was performing along with Kid Rock??? And I saw BJA coming to the house and I tried to high five him and he pushed me to the ground and kicked me. He later made amends. Surprised it wasn't Bob Ritchie that was the total dick, but I didn't interact with him in the dream so who knows?
Did you offer Kid Rock a Bud Light by chance? :mrgreen:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

I dreamt I met Dr. "Hobo God" Medulla last night in a café. There were others, too, who I can't identify anymore. Most of the dream is gone, but I presume the café was IMCT.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was interviewing or maybe just chatting with Stephen King about a new book he published of non-fiction. In particular, we were talking about an essay he'd written about punk, which I complimented him for not being predictably celebratory or condemnatory. He laughed and said that his publisher forced him to say a lot of things he didn't believe, but he didn't elaborate. He also showed me around his house, which was a pretty standard 1970s suburban split level. There were stacks of papers all over the place, which were various stories or novels that were in different stages of completion or production. He explained that he was so productive because he'd moved his bed into the living room, and he showed me this bare room—big picture window, of course—and a mattress in the corner. It's mostly faded now, but when I woke up I was convinced I had read an essay he'd written about punk and was trying to recall the specifics.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 8:29am
I dreamt I met Dr. "Hobo God" Medulla last night in a café. There were others, too, who I can't identify anymore. Most of the dream is gone, but I presume the café was IMCT.
And when the bill came, I said it's on me, and then pulled from my pocket a single testicle. And nobody at the table thought it was strange.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 8:35am
Olaf wrote:
And when the bill came, I said it's on me
You actually passed a Steely Dan hat around.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 8:40am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Olaf wrote:
That never happened!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 8:44am
Olaf wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Olaf wrote:
That never happened!
Exactly Doc would NEVER let us heathen unwashed masses touch his cherished Steely Dan hat.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 10:24am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Olaf wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Olaf wrote:
That never happened!
Exactly Doc would NEVER let us heathen unwashed masses touch his cherished Steely Dan hat.
I would happily let people shit in it.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 11:08am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Olaf wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

That never happened!
Sounds like someone may have desecrated it in your mind and you wish to have a replacement.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 12:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 11:08am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Olaf wrote:

That never happened!
Sounds like someone may have desecrated it in your mind and you wish to have a replacement.
I'm okay with people adapting Steely Dan-related products to their Hoyish movements.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Anyone know Doc's tee size? Or mailing address?
Attachments
Screenshot_20240325-125714_Samsung Internet.jpg

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 8:08am
Where's the goddamned kill switch on this internet thing?!?! :angry:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 8:39am
Olaf wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 8:08am
Where's the goddamned kill switch on this internet thing?!?! :angry:
If I recall correctly, Obama has it.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc