Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Kimmelweck »

So in waking life I’m watching my friends’ dog and cat again for a week – just picked them up today. Last night I dreamed I had been hired as a live-in pet sitter for a rich family with 3 beautiful adult daughters, each of whom had a little dog of her own. The daughters were immediately competing for my attention, in order to get special treatment for their dogs. One of the dogs had slimy tentacles for legs, but it belonged to the prettiest of the 3 daughters. Also, the father was portrayed by Michael Keaton, and one of my additional responsibilities was to dress up in padded gear so I could serve as his practice kickboxing target. At one point, the family left for the day. Several of my friends stopped over unannounced and we started drinking, smoking pot and playing cards. I was a bit worried, but when the family returned they seemed to have no problem with it. A fun dream, yet mildly disturbing. It had a weird Twilight Zone appeal to it. Like Doc just mentioned, it was one of those dreams I woke up from and then immediately tried to fall asleep and get back to.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
27 Oct 2021, 5:26pm
So in waking life I’m watching my friends’ dog and cat again for a week – just picked them up today. Last night I dreamed I had been hired as a live-in pet sitter for a rich family with 3 beautiful adult daughters, each of whom had a little dog of her own. The daughters were immediately competing for my attention, in order to get special treatment for their dogs. One of the dogs had slimy tentacles for legs, but it belonged to the prettiest of the 3 daughters. Also, the father was portrayed by Michael Keaton, and one of my additional responsibilities was to dress up in padded gear so I could serve as his practice kickboxing target. At one point, the family left for the day. Several of my friends stopped over unannounced and we started drinking, smoking pot and playing cards. I was a bit worried, but when the family returned they seemed to have no problem with it. A fun dream, yet mildly disturbing. It had a weird Twilight Zone appeal to it. Like Doc just mentioned, it was one of those dreams I woke up from and then immediately tried to fall asleep and get back to.
Michael Keaton seems a decent dude. Glad your dream version reflected that.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Oct 2021, 5:41pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
27 Oct 2021, 5:26pm
Michael Keaton seems a decent dude. Glad your dream version reflected that.
Yeah, except for the part where he insisted on me being his kickboxing target, I agree. Otherwise, he was pretty laid back.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Very long (seemingly) and intense dream last night about our furnace breaking, but me finding a new one in the basement. But I didn't know how to install it, but a friend from Saskatoon showed up and said he'd take care of it. He worked for two straight days and I was so appreciative and impressed. He was quite humble and said he was glad to help. Within a couple days, tho, the house started filling with smoke because there were logs in the furnace, so I had to call a professional. While he worked, we talked about the Beatles' Let It Be, and I explained that the four separate photos on the cover is symbolic of how they were no longer a band and that the recordings were divisive.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Oct 2021, 9:01am
Very long (seemingly) and intense dream last night about our furnace breaking, but me finding a new one in the basement. But I didn't know how to install it, but a friend from Saskatoon showed up and said he'd take care of it. He worked for two straight days and I was so appreciative and impressed. He was quite humble and said he was glad to help. Within a couple days, tho, the house started filling with smoke because there were logs in the furnace, so I had to call a professional. While he worked, we talked about the Beatles' Let It Be, and I explained that the four separate photos on the cover is symbolic of how they were no longer a band and that the recordings were divisive.
You're lazy in your dreams too!

I was involved with another dream killing. It was across the lake though and I figured if I could just get back across on the ferry I wouldn't get caught. The killing was definitely justified a cop was roughing someone up and was likely going to kill him so me and someone else stopped him and in the process killed him. I also had a scooter. Cant recall all the details.

Had a work related dream later.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
31 Oct 2021, 9:24am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Oct 2021, 9:01am
You're lazy in your dreams too!
Ha! I wonder if that's a common theme.
I was involved with another dream killing. It was across the lake though and I figured if I could just get back across on the ferry I wouldn't get caught. The killing was definitely justified a cop was roughing someone up and was likely going to kill him so me and someone else stopped him and in the process killed him. I also had a scooter. Cant recall all the details.

Had a work related dream later.
Killing someone seems like work to me. I'd get my buddy from Saskatoon to do it.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I dreamt that JennyB's son and my son were on the same little league team. While they had practice we talked about her visit to the RnR HoF.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 6:45am
I dreamt that JennyB's son and my son were on the same little league team. While they had practice we talked about her visit to the RnR HoF.
Oooh! I am haunting your dreams! I'm terribly sorry.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 10:31am
revbob wrote:
Nah it was cool, I had a chat with your hubby too, LOL. He seems like a good guy.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 10:35am
JennyB wrote:
revbob wrote:
Nah it was cool, I had a chat with your hubby too, LOL. He seems like a good guy.
He is, unless I want him to rinse out his cereal bowl so it doesn't become cemented with flakes.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 10:37am
revbob wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 10:35am
JennyB wrote:
revbob wrote:
He is, unless I want him to rinse out his cereal bowl so it doesn't become cemented with flakes.
Just like my son.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

More work shit.

It started as a plot for Is Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I dont recall the specifics anymore though. Eventually I went from "watching" the show to being in the show and the other characters were eventually replaced by current/past coworkers. At one point at the end of the day we all decided to go out and celebrate with a new hire who seemed like fun. We were in Burlington but it was also NYC. We were all deciding where to go and nobody could agree so I ran over to a nearby diner to grab my jacket but when I returned they were gone. I looked in all directions and couldn't find them I searched and called people and had no luck so I rented a hotel room and went to sleep. I woke up to one guy calling and asking me where I disappeared to. I mentioned trying to call and leaving messages but he said he didnt get them. We met up to go for breakfast but had to take a bus. At some point the bus just stopped and the driver left. We got out and there were a bunch of soldiers and someone said they were there supporting the CDC. The street and sidewalks were overgrowing with some sort of plants and I got separated from the people I was with again so I decided to go back to the hotel but couldn't find my way because these plants were growing everywhere to the point I couldn't tell where I was. Then the alarm went off.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 7:17am
More work shit.

It started as a plot for Is Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I dont recall the specifics anymore though. Eventually I went from "watching" the show to being in the show and the other characters were eventually replaced by current/past coworkers. At one point at the end of the day we all decided to go out and celebrate with a new hire who seemed like fun. We were in Burlington but it was also NYC. We were all deciding where to go and nobody could agree so I ran over to a nearby diner to grab my jacket but when I returned they were gone. I looked in all directions and couldn't find them I searched and called people and had no luck so I rented a hotel room and went to sleep. I woke up to one guy calling and asking me where I disappeared to. I mentioned trying to call and leaving messages but he said he didnt get them. We met up to go for breakfast but had to take a bus. At some point the bus just stopped and the driver left. We got out and there were a bunch of soldiers and someone said they were there supporting the CDC. The street and sidewalks were overgrowing with some sort of plants and I got separated from the people I was with again so I decided to go back to the hotel but couldn't find my way because these plants were growing everywhere to the point I couldn't tell where I was. Then the alarm went off.
Because of, you know, The Implication.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I dreamt I was going to Dentist School. I decided I needed a career change. I was living in an apartment with my wife and some other people I knew. I was trying to do a take home test of some type and kept getting interrupted. At one point my wife kept interrupting me and I was getting angry. She was in a playful mood and laid down on me so I couldn't move. I woke up and I couldn't move because my wife was wrapped around me at the edge of the bed.

I wonder what me dreams will consist of when I retire.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 9:04am
I dreamt I was going to Dentist School. I decided I needed a career change. I was living in an apartment with my wife and some other people I knew. I was trying to do a take home test of some type and kept getting interrupted. At one point my wife kept interrupting me and I was getting angry. She was in a playful mood and laid down on me so I couldn't move. I woke up and I couldn't move because my wife was wrapped around me at the edge of the bed.

I wonder what me dreams will consist of when I retire.
As odd as it may sound, you will probably still have some sort of work dreams after retirement. I have them periodically, but in most of them I'm aware I'm retired and just back to help out, so I don't have all the responsibilities I used to have.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung