Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 10:09am
revbob wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 9:04am
I dreamt I was going to Dentist School. I decided I needed a career change. I was living in an apartment with my wife and some other people I knew. I was trying to do a take home test of some type and kept getting interrupted. At one point my wife kept interrupting me and I was getting angry. She was in a playful mood and laid down on me so I couldn't move. I woke up and I couldn't move because my wife was wrapped around me at the edge of the bed.

I wonder what me dreams will consist of when I retire.
As odd as it may sound, you will probably still have some sort of work dreams after retirement. I have them periodically, but in most of them I'm aware I'm retired and just back to help out, so I don't have all the responsibilities I used to have.
It'll be dreams of forgetting to do some task at work or some other omitted obligation.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 10:55am
Sparky wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 10:09am
revbob wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 9:04am
I dreamt I was going to Dentist School. I decided I needed a career change. I was living in an apartment with my wife and some other people I knew. I was trying to do a take home test of some type and kept getting interrupted. At one point my wife kept interrupting me and I was getting angry. She was in a playful mood and laid down on me so I couldn't move. I woke up and I couldn't move because my wife was wrapped around me at the edge of the bed.

I wonder what me dreams will consist of when I retire.
As odd as it may sound, you will probably still have some sort of work dreams after retirement. I have them periodically, but in most of them I'm aware I'm retired and just back to help out, so I don't have all the responsibilities I used to have.
It'll be dreams of forgetting to do some task at work or some other omitted obligation.
Unfortunately that's probably the case.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I dreamt I awoke to see two guys walking thru my 2nd floor bedroom having a conversation seemingly oblivious to my presence. I wasn't sure if I was dreaming and went back to sleep. When I got up I saw a window was open and my dog was is the bedroom and the door was closed. I went to walk around the house to see what was going on and I saw footprints from their boots in the carpet going down the stairs, the size treads showed two large feet but the tread was unlike anything I own. Downstairs I found computers on, logged in and used, food had been eaten. I never figured out what was going on.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 8:32am
I dreamt I awoke to see two guys walking thru my 2nd floor bedroom having a conversation seemingly oblivious to my presence. I wasn't sure if I was dreaming and went back to sleep. When I got up I saw a window was open and my dog was is the bedroom and the door was closed. I went to walk around the house to see what was going on and I saw footprints from their boots in the carpet going down the stairs, the size treads showed two large feet but the tread was unlike anything I own. Downstairs I found computers on, logged in and used, food had been eaten. I never figured out what was going on.
Confusion is better than putting in overtime at work.

The dream I recall from last night was more dumb than anything. I was having a conversation/argument with myself about types of mountains. There were those created by plate tectonic movement, where mountains are pushed from below, and mountains created by volcanoes. The argument was whether active volcanoes can be called mountains or just volcanoes.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

revbob wrote:
I’ve had a few like that lately – variations of the “strangers in the house” theme. Had a short one the other night where I was listening in the dark, for a minute or two in the middle of the night, to unfamiliar voices just on the other side of a closed door to the downstairs where my brother lives. With my ear pressed to the door, I then heard more distantly my brother yelling something from downstairs, like calling for help. Woke up in bed just as my dream self was going to get the baseball bat. Made a mental note to keep the bat closer to the door and went back to sleep.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 8:51am
revbob wrote:
Confusion is better than putting in overtime at work.

The dream I recall from last night was more dumb than anything. I was having a conversation/argument with myself about types of mountains. There were those created by plate tectonic movement, where mountains are pushed from below, and mountains created by volcanoes. The argument was whether active volcanoes can be called mountains or just volcanoes.
Yeah I took a day off last week and it felt so damn good. Ive been dealing with some bullshit at work as of late and it felt good to say fuck it and ignore it even if for only that day. So my dream self also seems to be taking some time off too.

I think they are called mountains generally speaking although also referenced as volcanos. So you're both right.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 9:03am
Yeah I took a day off last week and it felt so damn good. Ive been dealing with some bullshit at work as of late and it felt good to say fuck it and ignore it even if for only that day. So my dream self also seems to be taking some time off too.
Good for your unconscious to sync up with your conscious. You're, like, 41% to nirvana.
I think they are called mountains generally speaking although also referenced as volcanos. So you're both right.
I want to say that an active volcano can't be a mountain—pick a side!—but Mt. Fuji or Mt. St. Helens suggest otherwise.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 9:09am
revbob wrote:
Good for your unconscious to sync up with your conscious. You're, like, 41% to nirvana.
I want to say that an active volcano can't be a mountain—pick a side!—but Mt. Fuji or Mt. St. Helens suggest otherwise.
Not all mountains are volcanos but all volcanos are mountains.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 9:10am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Necessarily? Isn't there a height requirement? I would think a volcano has to progress thru the minor leagues, growing in height, before it gets to be promoted to full mountain status. We need more scientists on this board!

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 9:15am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Necessarily? Isn't there a height requirement? I would think a volcano has to progress thru the minor leagues, growing in height, before it gets to be promoted to full mountain status. We need more scientists on this board!
Yeah, a volcano is any opening in the earth’s crust where molten rock emerges. After repeated eruptions, some volcanoes form mountains.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 9:20am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Yeah, a volcano is any opening in the earth’s crust where molten rock emerges. After repeated eruptions, some volcanoes form mountains.
Thus concludes the educational portion of our program. :cool:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 9:24am
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

NERDS
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 10:47am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

NERDS
I'm going to smirk if lava emerges in your backyard.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 11:38am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

NERDS
We actually have a shit ton of molehills right now, so kind of?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 11:41am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 11:38am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:

NERDS
We actually have a shit ton of molehills right now, so kind of?
Lava Moles! Get out of the house! Get out of the house!