Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 4:31pm
I've been sleeping only 4 hours a night for the past few months and having really weird dreams. That's all.
Christ, I'd be having waking dreams if that was all I was getting for sleep. We had a vet emergency two nights ago,* which meant I didn't get to bed until past midnight, and I was wrecked all of yesterday and am still mentally compromised today. Has your lack of sleep been intentional or are you an insomniac?

* All is well there now.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 4:41pm
Kory wrote:
I've been sleeping only 4 hours a night for the past few months and having really weird dreams. That's all.
Christ, I'd be having waking dreams if that was all I was getting for sleep. We had a vet emergency two nights ago,* which meant I didn't get to bed until past midnight, and I was wrecked all of yesterday and am still mentally compromised today. Has your lack of sleep been intentional or are you an insomniac?

* All is well there now.
I'm a chronic semi-insomniac. It used to be that I couldn't fall asleep in the first place, but now I wake up after 4 hours and can't fall back asleep, mostly because of a generalized anxiety disorder that my doctor keeps talking me out of having.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 4:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

* All is well there now.
I'm a chronic semi-insomniac. It used to be that I couldn't fall asleep in the first place, but now I wake up after 4 hours and can't fall back asleep, mostly because of a generalized anxiety disorder that my doctor keeps talking me out of having.
Ooof, sorry to hear that. For about the last dozen years or so, I've turned into my dad. His head hit the pillow and he was asleep in two minutes. But I tend to wake up four hours later and my sleep is a lot more restless after that. Have you tried any techniques for relaxing, like meditation?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 4:51pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

* All is well there now.
Ooof, sorry to hear that. For about the last dozen years or so, I've turned into my dad. His head hit the pillow and he was asleep in two minutes. But I tend to wake up four hours later and my sleep is a lot more restless after that. Have you tried any techniques for relaxing, like meditation?
I've wanted to get started on that for a long time but I'm often so busy I don't even think to do it, or I'd rather be reading or something. I need to just get started and make it a habit like working out.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 4:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

* All is well there now.
I've wanted to get started on that for a long time but I'm often so busy I don't even think to do it, or I'd rather be reading or something. I need to just get started and make it a habit like working out.
Yeah, if your quality of life is being wrecked by a lack of sleep—and how could it not?—that's just something you have to prioritize.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

* All is well there now.
Sorry to hear that, you're not alone. Doesn't matter what time I go to be, wake up way too early. Always have since I was a kid, just damn near impossible to go back to sleep once I wake up.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 5:00pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

* All is well there now.
Yeah, if your quality of life is being wrecked by a lack of sleep—and how could it not?—that's just something you have to prioritize.
I'm going to have to cut something else out. Eating, perhaps.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 6:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

You could limit the amount of Geddy Lee slash fic you write.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
Are you drinking/drugging enough?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

* All is well there now.
Ive dealt with this for at least the last half of my life. First it was shifting work schedules and then kids on top of that. If I dont medicate in some way I sleep horribly.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 6:47pm
Kory wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 6:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

You could limit the amount of Geddy Lee slash fic you write.
INCONCEIVABLE

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 9:17pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

* All is well there now.
Ive dealt with this for at least the last half of my life. First it was shifting work schedules and then kids on top of that. If I dont medicate in some way I sleep horribly.
I smoke weed every night, if I didn't do that, I'd be back to not being able to fall asleep in the first place. I guess I can get some ZQuil or whatever.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kory wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 3:11pm
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

* All is well there now.
I smoke weed every night, if I didn't do that, I'd be back to not being able to fall asleep in the first place. I guess I can get some ZQuil or whatever.
The active ingredient in ZQuil is diphenhydramine, same thing that's in Benadryl allergy stuff, might be cheaper as a generic rather than the ZQuil. Sometimes I'll take 1 teaspoon (half an adult dosage) to help me fall asleep, if I take the full 2 teaspoons, the side effect for me is feeling cloudy headed the next day.

Recently I've been trying Nature Made "Back To Sleep", it's melatonin, GABA & L-theanine, supposed to help you fall back asleep if you wake up to early, but it says you can also take it to help you fall asleep. The plus side for me at least is I don't feel foggy the next day.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Sparky wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 5:23pm
Kory wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 3:11pm
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

* All is well there now.
The active ingredient in ZQuil is diphenhydramine, same thing that's in Benadryl allergy stuff, might be cheaper as a generic rather than the ZQuil. Sometimes I'll take 1 teaspoon (half an adult dosage) to help me fall asleep, if I take the full 2 teaspoons, the side effect for me is feeling cloudy headed the next day.

Recently I've been trying Nature Made "Back To Sleep", it's melatonin, GABA & L-theanine, supposed to help you fall back asleep if you wake up to early, but it says you can also take it to help you fall asleep. The plus side for me at least is I don't feel foggy the next day.
I had these melatonin gummies that I used to eat before bed but I ran out and I'm waiting for my new shipment. I'm not sure how well they actually work, but I'm at least psychologically dependent on them now.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I had a lot of dreams of covid tests last night.