Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 80328
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla » 25 Feb 2019, 5:04pm

101Walterton wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 4:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 3:42pm
101Walterton wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 3:23pm
This is weird. Had a vivid dream last night. It was set about 30 years ago and included several people I knew at the time (plus a few from today but they were much younger. Anyway dream revolved around a girl who was referred to more by name than she featured and was the only person I didn’t know and I never knew anyone by the name.
This morning I looked on Facebook and found a girl with same name who looks very similar and is the right age. Lives in UK and obviously I have never met and don’t know her.
😳
It means you're possessed by the devil. Surrender to your nearest parish priest, you monster.
Sexual abuse is a harsh punishment
Do the crime, do the time.*

*Time means Father Dick Holder.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7894
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by revbob » 28 Feb 2019, 8:39pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 7:47pm
revbob wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 7:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 7:24pm
revbob wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 6:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 6:23pm


Okay, smart guy, I will!
I await your concession speech.
You lose, big daddy. I do like the voice actors a lot, but other than the Trainspotting gag, it didn't do much for me. That said, it was still better than the last decade of The Simpsons.
Maybe you should start watching Young Sheldon.
So you're telling me to kill myself? Now that's rude!
Okay I just watched this episode again and I was laughing the whole damn time. The whole thing with the Deuce of Diamonds baseball camp was so good. I guess what Kory said is kind of true but damn its funny.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 80328
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla » 28 Feb 2019, 8:43pm

revbob wrote:
28 Feb 2019, 8:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 7:47pm
revbob wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 7:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 7:24pm
revbob wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 6:57pm


I await your concession speech.
You lose, big daddy. I do like the voice actors a lot, but other than the Trainspotting gag, it didn't do much for me. That said, it was still better than the last decade of The Simpsons.
Maybe you should start watching Young Sheldon.
So you're telling me to kill myself? Now that's rude!
Okay I just watched this episode again and I was laughing the whole damn time. The whole thing with the Deuce of Diamonds baseball camp was so good. I guess what Kory said is kind of true but damn its funny.
Betcha it's not as funny as someone not understanding science and then someone else says "Bazinga" for some reason.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7894
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by revbob » 10 Mar 2019, 9:25pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 7:24pm
revbob wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 6:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 6:23pm
revbob wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 5:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 2:58pm


I"ve watched it a couple times and it just never grabbed me. I'm also getting old enough that finding something new that appeals is really hard.
Find this one, watch it and tell me you didn't laugh hard.

"The Unnatural" is the 23rd episode and season finale of the third season
Okay, smart guy, I will!
I await your concession speech.
You lose, big daddy. I do like the voice actors a lot, but other than the Trainspotting gag, it didn't do much for me. That said, it was still better than the last decade of The Simpsons.
Second challenge season 1 episode 13.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 80328
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Mar 2019, 9:39pm

revbob wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 9:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 7:24pm
revbob wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 6:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 6:23pm
revbob wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 5:50pm


Find this one, watch it and tell me you didn't laugh hard.

"The Unnatural" is the 23rd episode and season finale of the third season
Okay, smart guy, I will!
I await your concession speech.
You lose, big daddy. I do like the voice actors a lot, but other than the Trainspotting gag, it didn't do much for me. That said, it was still better than the last decade of The Simpsons.
Second challenge season 1 episode 13.
I'll try to do it some time tomorrow.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 80328
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla » 11 Mar 2019, 4:53pm

Yup, that one was pretty dang good. I guffawed at the kids immediately claiming parents at the possibility of divorce.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7894
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by revbob » 11 Mar 2019, 6:18pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 4:53pm
Yup, that one was pretty dang good. I guffawed at the kids immediately claiming parents at the possibility of divorce.
I just happened to catch that one last night and I figured you might enjoy the baseball tie in. It could be a thing like Kory says of where you need to get to know the characters a bit. I also had to get used to Jon Benjamin's voice on yet another character but I overcame that pretty quickly.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 80328
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla » 11 Mar 2019, 6:48pm

revbob wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 6:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 4:53pm
Yup, that one was pretty dang good. I guffawed at the kids immediately claiming parents at the possibility of divorce.
I just happened to catch that one last night and I figured you might enjoy the baseball tie in. It could be a thing like Kory says of where you need to get to know the characters a bit. I also had to get used to Jon Benjamin's voice on yet another character but I overcame that pretty quickly.
On the latter point, I'm thinking Archer all the way. I know there was an episode of Archer that sort-of crossed over with BB when he had amnesia(?).
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7894
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by revbob » 11 Mar 2019, 7:50pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 6:48pm
revbob wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 6:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 4:53pm
Yup, that one was pretty dang good. I guffawed at the kids immediately claiming parents at the possibility of divorce.
I just happened to catch that one last night and I figured you might enjoy the baseball tie in. It could be a thing like Kory says of where you need to get to know the characters a bit. I also had to get used to Jon Benjamin's voice on yet another character but I overcame that pretty quickly.
On the latter point, I'm thinking Archer all the way. I know there was an episode of Archer that sort-of crossed over with BB when he had amnesia(?).
Yeah it was loosely based on "A History of Violence". When I first was watching Archer I kept think of Dr Katz. Then with Bob's Burgers I kept thinking Archer. I never watched Home Movies much.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 80328
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla » 11 Mar 2019, 7:59pm

revbob wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 7:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 6:48pm
revbob wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 6:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 4:53pm
Yup, that one was pretty dang good. I guffawed at the kids immediately claiming parents at the possibility of divorce.
I just happened to catch that one last night and I figured you might enjoy the baseball tie in. It could be a thing like Kory says of where you need to get to know the characters a bit. I also had to get used to Jon Benjamin's voice on yet another character but I overcame that pretty quickly.
On the latter point, I'm thinking Archer all the way. I know there was an episode of Archer that sort-of crossed over with BB when he had amnesia(?).
Yeah it was loosely based on "A History of Violence".
That's what I was trying to think of! I couldn't for the life of me think of the name of the movie, so I left it out.
When I first was watching Archer I kept think of Dr Katz. Then with Bob's Burgers I kept thinking Archer. I never watched Home Movies much.
I have a very casual familiarity with both of those, so Archer is my baseline. What's funny is HJB does the same goddamned voice, not like, say, Dan Castelanetta, who does a shitload of different voices on The Simpsons.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7894
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by revbob » 11 Mar 2019, 8:27pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 7:59pm
revbob wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 7:50pm

...
When I first was watching Archer I kept think of Dr Katz. Then with Bob's Burgers I kept thinking Archer. I never watched Home Movies much.
I have a very casual familiarity with both of those, so Archer is my baseline. What's funny is HJB does the same goddamned voice, not like, say, Dan Castelanetta, who does a shitload of different voices on The Simpsons.
Exactly the same. He's been doing Arby's commercials here lately and it's the first time I'm seeing his face and for me it doesnt jive with his voice.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 9734
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Kory » 12 Mar 2019, 3:42pm

revbob wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 7:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 6:48pm
revbob wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 6:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 4:53pm
Yup, that one was pretty dang good. I guffawed at the kids immediately claiming parents at the possibility of divorce.
I just happened to catch that one last night and I figured you might enjoy the baseball tie in. It could be a thing like Kory says of where you need to get to know the characters a bit. I also had to get used to Jon Benjamin's voice on yet another character but I overcame that pretty quickly.
On the latter point, I'm thinking Archer all the way. I know there was an episode of Archer that sort-of crossed over with BB when he had amnesia(?).
Yeah it was loosely based on "A History of Violence". When I first was watching Archer I kept think of Dr Katz. Then with Bob's Burgers I kept thinking Archer. I never watched Home Movies much.
I used to love watching Katz with the lights off late at night, same with Duckman. That's one aspect of my childhood that I probably miss the most. Being into "adult" cartoons and watching them late at night when my parents had gone to bed already. There's a very specific feeling that I remember from those times.

Also, Home Movies is really outstanding, I highly recommend it. Seasons 2 and 3 are gold.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7894
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by revbob » 12 Mar 2019, 4:20pm

Kory wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 3:42pm
revbob wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 7:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 6:48pm
revbob wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 6:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 4:53pm
Yup, that one was pretty dang good. I guffawed at the kids immediately claiming parents at the possibility of divorce.
I just happened to catch that one last night and I figured you might enjoy the baseball tie in. It could be a thing like Kory says of where you need to get to know the characters a bit. I also had to get used to Jon Benjamin's voice on yet another character but I overcame that pretty quickly.
On the latter point, I'm thinking Archer all the way. I know there was an episode of Archer that sort-of crossed over with BB when he had amnesia(?).
Yeah it was loosely based on "A History of Violence". When I first was watching Archer I kept think of Dr Katz. Then with Bob's Burgers I kept thinking Archer. I never watched Home Movies much.
I used to love watching Katz with the lights off late at night, same with Duckman. That's one aspect of my childhood that I probably miss the most. Being into "adult" cartoons and watching them late at night when my parents had gone to bed already. There's a very specific feeling that I remember from those times.

Also, Home Movies is really outstanding, I highly recommend it. Seasons 2 and 3 are gold.
Oh shit I completely forgot about Duckman. That was great.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 80328
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla » 17 Mar 2019, 6:17am

Had a good one last night. I was the manager of a country singer who went by the name Big Anus, The Rodeo Queen (don't know if that was a man or a woman) and would only perform at bowling alleys. I was phoning around to various places and told that the law prohibited live performances during league games and it was the playoffs all month. Big Anus, the Rodeo Queen was getting pissed at me so I was getting more and more desperate trying to get a bowling alley to break the law.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 27352
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Flex » 17 Mar 2019, 8:20am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 6:17am
Had a good one last night. I was the manager of a country singer who went by the name Big Anus, The Rodeo Queen (don't know if that was a man or a woman) and would only perform at bowling alleys. I was phoning around to various places and told that the law prohibited live performances during league games and it was the playoffs all month. Big Anus, the Rodeo Queen was getting pissed at me so I was getting more and more desperate trying to get a bowling alley to break the law.
That was no dream.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 9 guests