Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 4:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 3:42pm
101Walterton wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 3:23pm
This is weird. Had a vivid dream last night. It was set about 30 years ago and included several people I knew at the time (plus a few from today but they were much younger. Anyway dream revolved around a girl who was referred to more by name than she featured and was the only person I didn’t know and I never knew anyone by the name.
This morning I looked on Facebook and found a girl with same name who looks very similar and is the right age. Lives in UK and obviously I have never met and don’t know her.
😳
It means you're possessed by the devil. Surrender to your nearest parish priest, you monster.
Sexual abuse is a harsh punishment
Do the crime, do the time.*

*Time means Father Dick Holder.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 7:47pm
revbob wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 7:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 7:24pm
revbob wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 6:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 6:23pm

Okay, smart guy, I will!
I await your concession speech.
You lose, big daddy. I do like the voice actors a lot, but other than the Trainspotting gag, it didn't do much for me. That said, it was still better than the last decade of The Simpsons.
Maybe you should start watching Young Sheldon.
So you're telling me to kill myself? Now that's rude!
Okay I just watched this episode again and I was laughing the whole damn time. The whole thing with the Deuce of Diamonds baseball camp was so good. I guess what Kory said is kind of true but damn its funny.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
28 Feb 2019, 8:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 7:47pm
revbob wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 7:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

You lose, big daddy. I do like the voice actors a lot, but other than the Trainspotting gag, it didn't do much for me. That said, it was still better than the last decade of The Simpsons.
Maybe you should start watching Young Sheldon.
So you're telling me to kill myself? Now that's rude!
Okay I just watched this episode again and I was laughing the whole damn time. The whole thing with the Deuce of Diamonds baseball camp was so good. I guess what Kory said is kind of true but damn its funny.
Betcha it's not as funny as someone not understanding science and then someone else says "Bazinga" for some reason.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 5:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 2:58pm

I"ve watched it a couple times and it just never grabbed me. I'm also getting old enough that finding something new that appeals is really hard.
Find this one, watch it and tell me you didn't laugh hard.

"The Unnatural" is the 23rd episode and season finale of the third season
Okay, smart guy, I will!
Second challenge season 1 episode 13.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 9:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 5:50pm

Find this one, watch it and tell me you didn't laugh hard.

"The Unnatural" is the 23rd episode and season finale of the third season
Okay, smart guy, I will!
Second challenge season 1 episode 13.
I'll try to do it some time tomorrow.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Yup, that one was pretty dang good. I guffawed at the kids immediately claiming parents at the possibility of divorce.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 4:53pm
Yup, that one was pretty dang good. I guffawed at the kids immediately claiming parents at the possibility of divorce.
I just happened to catch that one last night and I figured you might enjoy the baseball tie in. It could be a thing like Kory says of where you need to get to know the characters a bit. I also had to get used to Jon Benjamin's voice on yet another character but I overcame that pretty quickly.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 6:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I just happened to catch that one last night and I figured you might enjoy the baseball tie in. It could be a thing like Kory says of where you need to get to know the characters a bit. I also had to get used to Jon Benjamin's voice on yet another character but I overcame that pretty quickly.
On the latter point, I'm thinking Archer all the way. I know there was an episode of Archer that sort-of crossed over with BB when he had amnesia(?).

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 6:48pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
On the latter point, I'm thinking Archer all the way. I know there was an episode of Archer that sort-of crossed over with BB when he had amnesia(?).
Yeah it was loosely based on "A History of Violence". When I first was watching Archer I kept think of Dr Katz. Then with Bob's Burgers I kept thinking Archer. I never watched Home Movies much.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 7:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah it was loosely based on "A History of Violence".
That's what I was trying to think of! I couldn't for the life of me think of the name of the movie, so I left it out.
When I first was watching Archer I kept think of Dr Katz. Then with Bob's Burgers I kept thinking Archer. I never watched Home Movies much.
I have a very casual familiarity with both of those, so Archer is my baseline. What's funny is HJB does the same goddamned voice, not like, say, Dan Castelanetta, who does a shitload of different voices on The Simpsons.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 7:59pm
revbob wrote:

When I first was watching Archer I kept think of Dr Katz. Then with Bob's Burgers I kept thinking Archer. I never watched Home Movies much.
I have a very casual familiarity with both of those, so Archer is my baseline. What's funny is HJB does the same goddamned voice, not like, say, Dan Castelanetta, who does a shitload of different voices on The Simpsons.
Exactly the same. He's been doing Arby's commercials here lately and it's the first time I'm seeing his face and for me it doesnt jive with his voice.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah it was loosely based on "A History of Violence". When I first was watching Archer I kept think of Dr Katz. Then with Bob's Burgers I kept thinking Archer. I never watched Home Movies much.
I used to love watching Katz with the lights off late at night, same with Duckman. That's one aspect of my childhood that I probably miss the most. Being into "adult" cartoons and watching them late at night when my parents had gone to bed already. There's a very specific feeling that I remember from those times.

Also, Home Movies is really outstanding, I highly recommend it. Seasons 2 and 3 are gold.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 3:42pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I used to love watching Katz with the lights off late at night, same with Duckman. That's one aspect of my childhood that I probably miss the most. Being into "adult" cartoons and watching them late at night when my parents had gone to bed already. There's a very specific feeling that I remember from those times.

Also, Home Movies is really outstanding, I highly recommend it. Seasons 2 and 3 are gold.
Oh shit I completely forgot about Duckman. That was great.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Had a good one last night. I was the manager of a country singer who went by the name Big Anus, The Rodeo Queen (don't know if that was a man or a woman) and would only perform at bowling alleys. I was phoning around to various places and told that the law prohibited live performances during league games and it was the playoffs all month. Big Anus, the Rodeo Queen was getting pissed at me so I was getting more and more desperate trying to get a bowling alley to break the law.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 6:17am
Had a good one last night. I was the manager of a country singer who went by the name Big Anus, The Rodeo Queen (don't know if that was a man or a woman) and would only perform at bowling alleys. I was phoning around to various places and told that the law prohibited live performances during league games and it was the playoffs all month. Big Anus, the Rodeo Queen was getting pissed at me so I was getting more and more desperate trying to get a bowling alley to break the law.
That was no dream.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!