Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 5:59pm
Kory wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 5:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 5:37pm
Kory wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 5:29pm
Last night I dreamed that Slim Jim Phantom was injured and I had to fill in on drums for the Stray Cats. I was doing really well, but I was starting to get nervous about the intro for Rumble in Brighton in the encore.
"You've ruined the encore!" cried the audience.
I woke up right as we were running up the steps to the stage, so I'll never know. I nailed Gene and Eddie though.
Gene Mayes and Eddie Albert? … Good for you?
Nah, Gene's and my favorite, Eddie Campbell.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Another vivid and wide-ranging one last night. I was regularly apartment-sitting or maybe squatting in the penthouse (or at least one of these vast apartments with huge rooms) of a building set some hills out of town (I know this because later in the dream I saw a map with the building's location vis a vis a compound for the royal family). In terms of decoration, the place was frozen in the late 70s, early 80s, and was generally a mess. Either the people left in a hurry or someone had picked thru everything. Lots of bookshelves, but most of the books were encyclopedias or current events kind of books from the 70s. Cheap 1970s dishes with orange and brown stripes in them set out. Dark wood panelling everywhere. After nosing about, I stripped down and got into bed, then realized the people might be coming back, but I struggled to get out because, apart from the blankets, I was caught up in their old clothes. It gets a bit hazy from the point where I left, but I know I was riding in the back of a pick-up and throwing rocks and rednecks. There's another element to the narrative, but I can't remember it anymore.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 6:37am
Another vivid and wide-ranging one last night. I was regularly apartment-sitting or maybe squatting in the penthouse (or at least one of these vast apartments with huge rooms) of a building set some hills out of town (I know this because later in the dream I saw a map with the building's location vis a vis a compound for the royal family). In terms of decoration, the place was frozen in the late 70s, early 80s, and was generally a mess. Either the people left in a hurry or someone had picked thru everything. Lots of bookshelves, but most of the books were encyclopedias or current events kind of books from the 70s. Cheap 1970s dishes with orange and brown stripes in them set out. Dark wood panelling everywhere. After nosing about, I stripped down and got into bed, then realized the people might be coming back, but I struggled to get out because, apart from the blankets, I was caught up in their old clothes. It gets a bit hazy from the point where I left, but I know I was riding in the back of a pick-up and throwing rocks and rednecks. There's another element to the narrative, but I can't remember it anymore.
You should probably stop watching Brady Bunch before you go to sleep.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 7:59am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You should probably stop watching Brady Bunch before you go to sleep.
NEVER!

(I'll bet I haven't seen an episode in twenty years. None of our channels have been running it.)
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I hope one of the rooms at least had a wall like this:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 9:36am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
No, it wasn't groovy 70s, it was blah middle-class 70s. You've probably been to open houses where it's clear the old couple who lived there stopped decorating in 1981. It was like that. But those were the kind of stripes on the dishes!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 9:46am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
No, it wasn't groovy 70s, it was blah middle-class 70s. You've probably been to open houses where it's clear the old couple who lived there stopped decorating in 1981. It was like that. But those were the kind of stripes on the dishes!
That's what I figured. Plus, I would kill for that chair. I wonder if, in the part when you were struggling to get out, you were tangled up in your own bedding. Dreams are weird, man. ESPECIALLY YOURS.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 9:48am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 9:46am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
That's what I figured. Plus, I would kill for that chair. I wonder if, in the part when you were struggling to get out, you were tangled up in your own bedding. Dreams are weird, man. ESPECIALLY YOURS.
Not tangled up in bedding, but, as usual, there were a couple cats hemming me in. I usually have Luke at my feet or side near the edge of the bed, and Zoë wanders around, from B to me, during the night. But that's standard.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Last night, I dreamt I had an affair with Cary Grant. Everyone was impressed and would ask me what it was like, and I was all, no big deal. *shrug*

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
07 Sep 2019, 12:32pm
Last night, I dreamt I had an affair with Cary Grant. Everyone was impressed and would ask me what it was like, and I was all, no big deal. *shrug*
Whoa, Dream Mimi (Dreamimi?) is damned hard to please!

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Sep 2019, 12:57pm
Mimi wrote:
07 Sep 2019, 12:32pm
Whoa, Dream Mimi (Dreamimi?) is damned hard to please!
I didn't mean it that way. lol

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Just the barest snippet of a dream from last night that I can remember. I was watching tv and a destitute Elvis Costello was performing an adapted jingle about flooding for an insurance company. So he was singing, "Pump it out, your home you can't lose it," and it was so damned sad.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

I've had this dream 3 times in total and happened again last night. When I was younger, a good mate lived in a big house with loads of rooms. I find myself in the house though he's never there, just his parents. Always starts nice, we're all having a good time, I'll make tea, we talk into the night. But when it gets to early morning, they change and start getting angry, shouting at me. I go to leave the room and they start chasing me so I go upstairs and hide in one of the many rooms. I finally make it outside in the back garden alone but it feels like another world and I shouldn't be there, so I climb a wall and jump off a ledge and that's where it usually ends.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Last night I had a dream about being this really great pop quiz player. I had to guess all these little snippets from various rock/pop songs. I guessed them all but every time I went to post my reply the internet was so slow that someone else had beaten me to the punch. I managed to hold onto the lead somehow and win the quiz. First prize was a KISS t-shirt and second prize was a bowl of super noodles. Fucking nightmare!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia