Mimi wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 12:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 12:44pm
Mimi wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 12:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 10:57am

All joking aside, I wonder if Ivanka is all right. For her father to sexualize her like that, commit emotional incest, and probably single her out as the favored child, did it do any damage? In normal families, there would be problems. I just wonder if she has mental health issues or boundary issues or attachment issues. Having a narcissistic parent most often ruins you.
None of those kids are alright for the reasons you list, plus learning that sociopathic behaviour is normal. They're all monsters from how they were raised. In the abstract, I can find pity and sympathy for them because of that, but they're active agents of misery to millions of others and should be shut away forever.
They're definitely mirroring his behavior. In that sense, fuck 'em.

Yuck
https://www.indy100.com/celebrities/don ... ppropriate
Yet evangelicals adore him. Which demonstrates the moral abyss within that movement.
That right there is a head-scratcher.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: The Trump observations thread

Post by Flex »

Mimi wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 2:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 1:07pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

All joking aside, I wonder if Ivanka is all right. For her father to sexualize her like that, commit emotional incest, and probably single her out as the favored child, did it do any damage? In normal families, there would be problems. I just wonder if she has mental health issues or boundary issues or attachment issues. Having a narcissistic parent most often ruins you.
None of those kids are alright for the reasons you list, plus learning that sociopathic behaviour is normal. They're all monsters from how they were raised. In the abstract, I can find pity and sympathy for them because of that, but they're active agents of misery to millions of others and should be shut away forever.

Yuck
Yet evangelicals adore him. Which demonstrates the moral abyss within that movement.
Or it makes perfect sense. They want a christo-fascist theocracy. And trump helped them with their goals. The Trump Supreme Court is gonna be doing lots of horrible, illiberal shit for the next few decades. Of course evangelicals love him.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Yuck
Hello,

The head-scratcher for me is who (besides Trump) would purchase a statue of parrots screwing?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 3:29pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yuck
Hello,

The head-scratcher for me is who (besides Trump) would purchase a statue of parrots screwing?
Off the top of my head, Larry Flynt?
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 3:22pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yuck
Or it makes perfect sense. They want a christo-fascist theocracy. And trump helped them with their goals. The Trump Supreme Court is gonna be doing lots of horrible, illiberal shit for the next few decades. Of course evangelicals love him.
And, to be fair, the Bible and the Christian tradition is pretty silent on expectations for the conduct of adherents. Like, really, who knows what's proper and improper behaviour if you're a Christian, you know?

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 4:03pm
And, to be fair, the Bible and the Christian tradition is pretty silent on expectations for the conduct of adherents. Like, really, who knows what's proper and improper behaviour if you're a Christian, you know?
The lord works in mysterious ways, don'tcha know
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Flex wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 3:22pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yuck
I guess I was thinking of this from a moral pov, but in order to achieve their christo-fascist theocracy then it's not a head-scratcher at all.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

gkbill wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 3:29pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yuck
Hello,

I hadn't really noticed that until you mentioned it, good catch.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

This is pure 100% Trump, isn't it?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 12:17pm

Thank goodness they're protecting Americans from all that nanny government interference. Now, about everything being on fire and dying, c'mon, government, do something about that!

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 12:31pm
Low Down Low wrote:

Thank goodness they're protecting Americans from all that nanny government interference. Now, about everything being on fire and dying, c'mon, government, do something about that!
Not that i know how any of it works really, but can't help thinking they might as well disband congress and divide the money saved between the oil and gas companies and let them get on with the job of fracking us all to hell.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 12:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Not that i know how any of it works really, but can't help thinking they might as well disband congress and divide the money saved between the oil and gas companies and let them get on with the job of fracking us all to hell.
Ah, you've figure out the libertarian mind (but lose the sarcasm)!

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 1:28pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Sarcasm?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 2:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 1:28pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Sarcasm?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Jesus, as a kid I was always terrified that I'd have to live through a time like this, and here it is.

Can we stop calling them "justices" now?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc