The Future of the Republican Party

Politics and other such topical creams.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 2:48pm
Not gonna lie, it's immensely entertaining to see them eat their own and label each other opportunists.
https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/12/far ... democrats/
Wow. That is other-worldly reading. Fuentes really said some of that shit? Damn.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 3:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 2:48pm
Not gonna lie, it's immensely entertaining to see them eat their own and label each other opportunists.
https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/12/far ... democrats/
Wow. That is other-worldly reading. Fuentes really said some of that shit? Damn.
I might be wishcasting here, but I think it reflects a fear that their window is closing, if not has already closed, and it's about alloting/avoiding blame now.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

It's a shame they took the house. I thought we were sort of on track to keep them out.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 4:36pm
It's a shame they took the house. I thought we were sort of on track to keep them out.
It was a near-impossibility that the Democrats would keep the House due to gerrymandering and the issues in play. Predictions in summer had the Republicans having as much as a 40-seat margin. But the results are so close, plus the nature of the loonies, is that the Republicans will have trouble getting anything done besides promoting outrage in their base.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 4:56pm
Kory wrote:
It was a near-impossibility that the Democrats would keep the House due to gerrymandering and the issues in play. Predictions in summer had the Republicans having as much as a 40-seat margin. But the results are so close, plus the nature of the loonies, is that the Republicans will have trouble getting anything done besides promoting outrage in their base.
Which potentially leads to a bigger success margin next time around, I suppose.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 7:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 4:56pm
Kory wrote:
Which potentially leads to a bigger success margin next time around, I suppose.
Maybe. No idea what the political landscape is like in two years, tho the gerrymandering is a legit advantage.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 9:56am
Sparky wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 9:35am
Just saw that, fantastic news! Now let's just hope there's none of the GQP "fraud" claims.
No, it's going to be piling on about what a lousy candidate Walker was (which is true) and further blaming Trump (mostly true). And talk about having to do better in picking candidates (true, but will be ignored in the future).
I saw a video of his concession speech, sounded like he wore his big boy pants last night, no fraud or conspiracy BS at all.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 8:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 9:56am
Sparky wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 9:35am
Just saw that, fantastic news! Now let's just hope there's none of the GQP "fraud" claims.
No, it's going to be piling on about what a lousy candidate Walker was (which is true) and further blaming Trump (mostly true). And talk about having to do better in picking candidates (true, but will be ignored in the future).
I saw a video of his concession speech, sounded like he wore his big boy pants last night, no fraud or conspiracy BS at all.
He knew that the party was done with him. Hell, in the last week he let other GOP senators do all the talking for him. If he had any shame he'd be embarrassed, but he's just a dope who's been coasting on his fame and doesn't know much else.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Given the tight numbers in the House, I can see the GOP doing all it can to ride this out. What's a few fraudulent biographies amongst Congressional members?

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

I saw this a bit earlier today, I wonder if they will boot him from Congress or to Doc's point, do everything they can to sweep it under the rug to save a vote. As tRump would say "sad".
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
26 Dec 2022, 10:24pm
I saw this a bit earlier today, I wonder if they will boot him from Congress or to Doc's point, do everything they can to sweep it under the rug to save a vote. As tRump would say "sad".
Most of them are perfectly fine with an attempted coup so I guess this sort of thing is to be expected.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jan 2023, 5:43pm
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/0 ... e-00076047

The O in GOP stands for ouroboros.
I'm finding all of this extremely funny.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!