No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Politics and other such topical creams.
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Sparky »

JennyB wrote:
13 May 2024, 10:21am
Well, here's some good news out of MO. We were able to get over 380,000 signatures to get abortion rights on the ballot. We did this in 80 DAYS. In MO, you have to get 8% of the number of people who voted in the 2020 gubernatorial election in 6 of our 8 congressional districts. It was easy to do in STL and KC, but the more rural areas were more challenging. But we did it. It will likely be on November's ballot. If any of you know anyone who lives in MO, tell them to vote yes to end our cruel abortion ban.

The only bump in the road is that the MO legislature has been trying to pass initiative petition "reform" for a few years, because they saw this coming. It's the final week of their session and even though IP reform is actually deeply unpopular on both sides of the aisle, the super right-wing has a hard on for this. They put all of this ballot candy in as well that will scare a lot of people (i.e. trying to imply that non-citizens can vote - they can't). The dems have promised to filibuster all week. If it does pass, it will come to a vote in August, but as I said, it's very unpopular here. But it will still be costly and a pain in the ass to make sure people vote no on that. Anyway, keep your fingers crossed.
Keeping my fingers crossed, once again, thanks for all you're doing!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
13 May 2024, 10:53am
JennyB wrote:
Well, here's some good news out of MO. We were able to get over 380,000 signatures to get abortion rights on the ballot. We did this in 80 DAYS. In MO, you have to get 8% of the number of people who voted in the 2020 gubernatorial election in 6 of our 8 congressional districts. It was easy to do in STL and KC, but the more rural areas were more challenging. But we did it. It will likely be on November's ballot. If any of you know anyone who lives in MO, tell them to vote yes to end our cruel abortion ban.

The only bump in the road is that the MO legislature has been trying to pass initiative petition "reform" for a few years, because they saw this coming. It's the final week of their session and even though IP reform is actually deeply unpopular on both sides of the aisle, the super right-wing has a hard on for this. They put all of this ballot candy in as well that will scare a lot of people (i.e. trying to imply that non-citizens can vote - they can't). The dems have promised to filibuster all week. If it does pass, it will come to a vote in August, but as I said, it's very unpopular here. But it will still be costly and a pain in the ass to make sure people vote no on that. Anyway, keep your fingers crossed.
That's great work Mrs. B. These ballot initiatives are often successful even in pretty red states, no? Seems like a real impactful fight you're waging.
Yes! And polling indicates that there's a good chance it will pass.

Thanks for the nice words, all! I really appreciate it.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:

Excellent work, keep us updated! I'm surprised to find that IP reform is unpopular with both sides. I thought they didn't agree on literally anything anymore.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
14 May 2024, 1:27pm
JennyB wrote:

Excellent work, keep us updated! I'm surprised to find that IP reform is unpopular with both sides. I thought they didn't agree on literally anything anymore.
It's only because both sides use the IP process. That's definitely about all they agree on.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy