The Future of the Democratic Party

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Future of the Democratic Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.salon.com/2019/06/02/there- ... candidate/

But when for several generations liberal elites have decided the working class were a problem to be mocked and demonized and blamed for their own marginalization, well, it's hard for them to break from that self-satisfying ideology. They're old-style country club Republicans, but more welcoming of non-whites and homosexuals.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-bide ... 60b70c6f46

Is he trying to tank his campaign? I mean, I don't doubt that he believes his own horseshit, but he's scripting a narrative of being old and regressive. Which he is (duh) but you don't promote that.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Neil Macdonald (Norm's brother) on Elizabeth Warren: https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/democra ... EFMNz1H9bs

Macdonald isn't some lefty, but one of those old-style journalists who would rather call out bullshit than cultivate access. That he's impressed with Warren actually counts quite a bit to me.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jun 2019, 8:28pm
Neil Macdonald (Norm's brother) on Elizabeth Warren: https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/democra ... EFMNz1H9bs

Macdonald isn't some lefty, but one of those old-style journalists who would rather call out bullshit than cultivate access. That he's impressed with Warren actually counts quite a bit to me.
I'll never bet the farm on the dems being anything but spineless.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 5:52am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jun 2019, 8:28pm

I'll never bet the farm on the dems being anything but spineless.
Not that I disagree here, but it was only a few elections ago that a young black guy with little experience but a helluva ground game upended the insider favourite. That the insider always has it in the bag isn't true.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Boomer Dems going out there to defend anti-busing policy in response to the uppity black woman's "dishonest identity attack" on Daddy Biden. You love to see it.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 8:56am
Boomer Dems going out there to defend anti-busing policy in response to the uppity black woman's "dishonest identity attack" on Daddy Biden. You love to see it.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Flex wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 8:56am
I've been enjoying City on a Hill on Showtime. There's a great scene where Kevin Bacon's character is talking about busing which I have to paraphrase: It must have sucked for black people to fight so hard, get called n--gg--s, and have rocks thrown at them only to find out that the schools in Southie were the same shitholes and the schools in Roxbury.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

My quarter-assed prediction (which I thought before these debates) is that it'll end up coming down to Harris and Warren, representing the neoliberal and progressive wings.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/cr ... itizenship

I remember similar slurs against Colin Powell but coming from liberals. The never-ending effort to disqualify black people.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 8:19pm
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/cr ... itizenship

I remember similar slurs against Colin Powell but coming from liberals. The never-ending effort to disqualify black people.
To quote myself:

Third Way type Dems are a cesspool of bigotry.

Addendum: should have read through the article before posting, this is referring to maga types. The 2008 reference made me think it was a reference to, famously, the racist attacks on obama starting from the Hillary campaign before Trump et al took it over.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

But the point holds. To the majority of the electorate and especially insiders, questioning the legitimacy of all people of colour is fair game. And it works.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jul 2019, 12:54pm
Satire but maybe not?
https://thehardtimes.net/culture/beto-f ... insurance/
fuckin' lol

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Theory: When he died, Reagan's addle-minded soul migrated into Joe Biden. He really seems as confused as Reagan did from around '84 onward. I'm seriously skeptical that he'll be relevant by Iowa.