The Trump observations thread

Politics and other such topical creams.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: The Trump observations thread

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 7:41am
I dont believe it yet. I need evidence, he's a liar and he gets people around him to lie for him.

This means the subsequent debates will be cancelled and he can lay low and garner sympathy from undecided voters and those who may have drifted away from him. And if he can have a miraculous recovery because he's the image of health it plays into all his other narratives.

Its bullshit from someone who has been proven to be full of shit.
Ok, so it's not just me. :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
I dont believe it yet. I need evidence, he's a liar and he gets people around him to lie for him.

This means the subsequent debates will be cancelled and he can lay low and garner sympathy from undecided voters and those who may have drifted away from him. And if he can have a miraculous recovery because he's the image of health it plays into all his other narratives.

There's always reason to think he's lying because water is wet and puppies like to hump your leg. But he's being kept from his rallies, which, apart from money and Ivanka's body, is the one thing he truly loves. I don't think he has the discipline to keep himself from these rallies for the sake of a strategic con. So unless evidence pops up that indicates a con, I'm inclined to think it's legit.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 7:50am
revbob wrote:

There's always reason to think he's lying because water is wet and puppies like to hump your leg. But he's being kept from his rallies, which, apart from money and Ivanka's body, is the one thing he truly loves. I don't think he has the discipline to keep himself from these rallies for the sake of a strategic con. So unless evidence pops up that indicates a con, I'm inclined to think it's legit.
Yes legit bullshit. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

An intriguing bit of speculation that I came across. So, let's pretend that Satan says "Mission Accomplished" and calls Trump back to hell and Pence becomes president. He, then, wouldn't be eligible to break any ties in the Senate. If all this happens before the Coney Barrett vote, the number of defectors needed drops by one. Just a curiosity. But if all that stuff happened, I might have to move my party identification from atheist to agnostic.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 7:56am
An intriguing bit of speculation that I came across. So, let's pretend that Satan says "Mission Accomplished" and calls Trump back to hell and Pence becomes president. He, then, wouldn't be eligible to break any ties in the Senate. If all this happens before the Coney Barrett vote, the number of defectors needed drops by one. Just a curiosity. But if all that stuff happened, I might have to move my party identification from atheist to agnostic.
There is some middle ground. "Agnostic atheist".

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 8:05am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Just a little bit pregnant.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:

If his symptoms are mild or nine at all, can’t they just do the debates remotely? Easier to mute people too. Get Zoom or Teams to be a corporate sponsor and the event pays for itself.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 8:52am
revbob wrote:

If his symptoms are mild or nine at all, can’t they just do the debates remotely? Easier to mute people too. Get Zoom or Teams to be a corporate sponsor and the event pays for itself.
Plus then each side can claim that the other was using a teleprompter and such.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I believe the next one was to be town hall style with audience members asking questions.

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 6:26am
Thoughts and prayers that he gets thru this hoax.
Oh, I'm praying alright. Praying to every god out there that the whole lot of them are ready to step into the light.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 9:02am
I believe the next one was to be town hall style with audience members asking questions.
Oh god, they will do a Zoom and it'll be like my wife's family Zoom sessions where there are forty people on all talking at once.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 8:17am
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 8:05am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Just a little bit pregnant.
That baby isn't the bath water.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I don't believe it either. Trump has Covid like Magic Johnson has AIDS.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Half of me thinks he's lying, but the other half of me thinks there is now way he'd miss out on two weeks of constant adulation from his base at the rallies.

I can't believe all of the bending over backwards to wish him well. He has the blood of over 200,000 people on his hands. I hope he dies and I hope he suffers. As I said on Twitter, the only people I feel sorry for are the household staff at the White House whom he's probably infected and who will have to serve him throughout this.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

i'm not sure trump's ego would allow him to pretend that he's got an illness - he views being sick as such a massive sign of weakness. If he is pretending, my guess is he'll be incapable of keeping up the charade for more than a day or two.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!