The Trump observations thread

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Trump observations thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 11:47am
i'm not sure trump's ego would allow him to pretend that he's got an illness - he views being sick as such a massive sign of weakness. If he is pretending, my guess is he'll be incapable of keeping up the charade for more than a day or two.
He's a liar, but he's a clumsy and transparent one, not a devious liar.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
i'm not sure trump's ego would allow him to pretend that he's got an illness - he views being sick as such a massive sign of weakness. If he is pretending, my guess is he'll be incapable of keeping up the charade for more than a day or two.
Unless you can get better quickly with few problems then he can portray himself as being in excellent health, the best ever, or that its really just like a bad cold. Both of which play up to his ego.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 12:13pm
Flex wrote:
Unless you can get better quickly with few problems then he can portray himself as being in excellent health, the best ever, or that its really just like a bad cold. Both of which play up to his ego.
I had so much Covid people, more Covid then you've ever seen... and then it just went away. Like a miracle. If I didn't act fast then all the presidents would have it. But I closed the borders. Saved so many lives, Sleepy Joe would have let the Chinavirus right in, but the fake media likes to blame me. Dr. Fauci said I was a genius.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 2:38pm
revbob wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 12:13pm
Flex wrote:
I had so much Covid people, more Covid then you've ever seen... and then it just went away. Like a miracle. If I didn't act fast then all the presidents would have it. But I closed the borders. Saved so many lives, Sleepy Joe would have let the Chinavirus right in, but the fake media likes to blame me. Dr. Fauci said I was a genius.
You write for him don't ya.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

One thing we should be skeptical about is the WH describing his symptoms as "mild," but not specifying what that means. Maybe it is mild, but he could be wheezing and sweating buckets. And they definitely have reason to hide that.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 3:20pm
One thing we should be skeptical about is the WH describing his symptoms as "mild," but not specifying what that means. Maybe it is mild, but he could be wheezing and sweating buckets. And they definitely have reason to hide that.
Trying to get people's hopes up?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 4:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Trying to get people's hopes up?
Something good has to happen this year.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
No, people, my symptoms were never mild. Mild is is for Pocahontas or Sleepy Joe. I had the most shrevere symptoms. Shrevere? Servear? Shavere?

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Trump on his way to Walter Reed.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Mimi wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 5:20pm
not Arlington?

FarawayTowns
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by FarawayTowns »

I had someone tell me earlier (UK) that they were glad that he had the virus because when he recovered quickly it would prove that the virus was no worse than flu. This in turn would make people wake up. :crazy:
After the latest news about his hospitalisation his theory hasn't aged very well :lol:

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I still think it's an elaborate scheme. But I'm starting to waver.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

tepista wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 5:22pm
Mimi wrote:
not Arlington?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 5:22pm
Mimi wrote:
not Arlington?
There are protocols to this. He has to linger for awhile.

FarawayTowns
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by FarawayTowns »

tepista wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 5:50pm
I still think it's an elaborate scheme. But I'm starting to waver.
Allegedly getting the virus gave Bozo Johnson a polling boost in the UK in the spring during the peak of the pandemic when the country was the worst affected in Europe.