gkbill wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 12:55am
Flex wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 8:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 8:30pm
Flex wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 8:23pm

Well, the trump media/dwac merger that was just approved will be worth $4 billion for trump, so he's not exactly a pauper. But this should have a crazy cascading effect on defaults and bankruptcies of various entities of his.
Yeah, that's what I'm curious about. Even tho he'll still be stupid wealthy in property, that loss of liquidity (and ability to do business in NY) could be a chain reaction problem. And maybe, if we all wish hard enough, he'll stroke out in a very public way. Footage of him having one of those dead-before-he-hits-the-ground attacks would be proof of divine existence for me.
Someone I know likened it to when Enron collapsed - there was this cascading effect of bad collateral. Should be fun to watch.
Hello,

I believe one of the consequences of the latest verdict is he cannot get loans from banks in NY. This could hurt him obtaining cash as well as trying to go forward with deals.
He'll need to sell more stupid red hats
And his cult members have shown that they can always find more money to give him.

edit: Aw, look at those little darlings go: https://www.newsweek.com/trump-supporte ... ne-1870880
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Trump observations thread

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 11:30am
Is that pro or con?
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 11:34am
revbob wrote:
Is that pro or con?
It is supposed to be pro

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 11:40am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 11:34am
revbob wrote:
Is that pro or con?
It is supposed to be pro
At least they're open about him being a mob boss, I guess.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I don't know what this is supposed to represent but seems kind of Trumpy.
20240220_100846.jpg

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 11:17am

20240220_100846.jpg
Shhhhh.we're hunting wabbits?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

JennyB wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 11:31am
revbob wrote:

20240220_100846.jpg
Shhhhh.we're hunting wabbits?
HA!
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:

20240220_100846.jpg
Took this in 2013, curious as to what this guy is up to post-Trump:
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:

20240220_100846.jpg
It's like the Green Man...but for rednecks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Man

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

As I'll be doing with most/all posts related to american partisan politics moving forward so as not to give the wrong impression, this is a disclaimer for whatever parties need it that this is not a full-throated endorsement of Joe Biden or suggestion that he is without failings or even a specific claim of the relative merits between the two likely candidates for president or indeed even a claim about the relative moral virtues of voting for anyone or no one at all! Okay, that's out of the way.)

I'm shamelessly stealing this from a (private) board and person, but they've stated it's fine to share, so thought some folks here might like a very-much-not-complete list of Trump's mental lapses in the face of essentially no national coverage about how his brain is an even worse vat of goo now than it was when he was president. Here you go:

Trump's Cognitive Decline
  • Trump said he beat Obama in 2016 and that he'll beat Obama in 2024 - June of 2023.
  • A moment after declaring Mr. Biden “cognitively impaired, in no condition to lead,” Trump warned that America was on the verge of World War II. – June 2023 (WWII ended in 1945)
  • Trump noted that we need ID to buy bread and that Jeb Bush led us into the Gulf War. – July 2023 (Fact check: we don’t)
  • At a rally in NH, Trump was confused and told the sparse crowd “You don’t have to vote — don’t worry about voting,” adding, “We’ve got plenty of votes.”
  • October 1, 2023 Trump gave a slurred, incoherent speech in Iowa debating whether it is better to be electrocuted or eaten by a shark.
  • He accused Beverly Hills residents of smelling because they are supposedly forced to take short showers.
  • “We see whales washing up on shore because of the wind. Those turbines out in the ocean are unbelievably expensive. So the whales will be very happy about that”
  • “We have the worst education almost in the large world, the world that people know about.” 10/7/23
  • Trump says he loves Hannibal Lector because Hannibal Lector said he loves Trump - 10/12/23. (Fact Check: Hannibal Lector is not a real person and no actor who played Hannibal Lector has ever said he loves trump)
  • Trump says, twice, that “Republicans like to eat their young” where he seemed confused by the line as he read it, and then said it again.
  • “I was very honored, there’s a man, Viktor Orbán. He’s the leader of Turkey.” (Fact Check: Orban is the lead of Hungary ) 10/23/23
  • “I'm for us. You know how you spell us, right? U.S. I just picked that up. Has anyone ever thought of that before? I'm reading and said us. You know, when you think about it, us, equals U.S. If we think of something genius, they will never say it.”
  • “Did anybody ever hear of Viktor Orbán? He’s the head of Hungary. Hungary fronts on both Ukraine and Russia,” Sioux City, Iowa rally. (The Hungary border is 1,000 miles from Russia)
  • Trump thanked the people of Sioux Falls. Except he was not in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, he was in Sioux City, Iowa. (Trump not knowing where he was)
  • This is "your chance to take a stand against tyrants that support the one and only movement that can save our country and make America great again.” Trump seemingly imploring people to take a stand against the MAGA tyrants. Or maybe it was a moment of clarity.
  • “With regard to the forest, when trees fall down, after a short period of time, about 18 months, they become very dry and like a matchstick,” the president declared. “There is no more water pouring through them. They just explode. They can explode.” DJT explaining something? November 2023
  • "They want to talk about your dishwashers & how much water you're going to have in your dishwasher, even though they don't work, & all the other things you have that were so precious & dear, & that you never really appreciated until now because they want to take them away" Trump babbling about something. 12/2/23
  • Trump claims he wanted to testify in his fraud trial, but said he could not because the judge “put a GAG ORDER on me, even when I testify, totally taking away my constitutional right to defend myself.” Fact Check: the gag order prohibited comments about the Court staff only.
  • "You have ID for everything. You go to the grocery store, you have ID." - Trump in Iowa 1-13-24 (He’s still confused about needing ID to buy groceries)
  • Trump implied Lincoln wanted civil war: “If he negotiated it, you probably wouldn’t even know who Abraham Lincoln was.”
  • “Nikki Haley, Nikki Haley, Nikki Haley…like Nikki Haley was in charge of security [on January 6], we offered her 10,000 people, soldiers, national guard soldiers, whatever they want, and they turned it down and they don’t want to talk about that" – 1-20-24 Trump confusing Nikki Haley for Nancy Pelosi
  • “We are an institute in a powerful death penalty. We will put this on.” 1-22-24 (no one really has any idea what he was talking about)
  • “Jungles in Viet Nam. A swift & swipp & you know that sweeping, it was swift like nobody’s ever seen anything happen, victory in Desert Storm…that was a quick one”- 1-22-24 (trying to riff about veterans but unintelligible word salad emerges).
  • “They go ‘missile launched!’ and you hear a bell go, I mean I see this, it’s so incredible,” “These are not muscle guys here,” pointing to his arm, then pointed to his head and said, “They’re muscle guys up here.” Trump then describes it as: “Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding! They’ve only got 17 seconds to figure this whole thing out, right? Boom, OK. Missile launch, pssshng, poom! It’s the most ― and we don’t have it here!” – 1-22-24 Trump describing an Iron Dome missile defense system as if he was a 6 year old.
  • “Our veterans don’t have cellphones, do they?!” - 1-25-24 (Fact check: veterans do have cellphones)
  • Trump insists in a speech in Nevada that he is not cognitively impaired because he took a test that included pictures of “a lion, a giraffe, a whale, and a shark” and was able to identify which one was a lion. 1-27-24
  • Trump argues that he is cognitively able because he had an uncle that was a professor at MIT. 1-27-24
  • “We’re also going to place strong protections to stop banks and regulators from trying to de-bank you. They want to de-bank you and were going to de-bank.” 1-27-24. (No one knows what he means by de-banking. Then says he’s going to de-bank. Totally unintelligible gibberish)
  • “We have to win in November or we’re not gonna have Pennsylvania! They’ll change the name, they’re gonna change the name in Pennsylvania.” 2-9-24 (Editor's Note: something about PA's name changing if Biden wins)
  • “I know all about the marble, I can tell you every marble, but these beautiful columns that are incredible how they could have done it years ago without the powerful tractors.” 2-9-24 (Editor's note: no one really knew what he was talking about).
  • “It’s a nice Saturday afternoon, I could tell you, if weren’t doing this, where I would have been I would have been in very nice location, I didn’t need this, I had a very nice life.” 2-9-24 (It was Friday)
  • “Rich people are given $7,000 subsies to buy luxury electric” 2-9-24 (he meant subsidies, not subsies but even with that clarification, no one knows what he was talking about)
  • “The radical left thugs have weaponized law enforcement to arrest their leading political opponent. Leading by a lot. Including Obama. I’ll tell you what, take a look at Obama, take a look at some of the things that he’s done. This is the same thing. And we did with Obama, we won an election that everyone said couldn’t be won.” 2-10-24. [Trump continuing to confuse HRC for Obama. Trump never ran against Obama]
  • "I went down there, and I watched our police and firemen,... down on SEVEN-ELEVEN,... down at the World Trade Center right after it came down.” 2-10-24 [confusing the convenience store for the date of the terrorist attack]
  • “All I know about magnets is this. Give me a glass of water and I’ll drop a magnet in the water, and that’s the end of magnets.” 2-9-24 [Editor's note: He has a magnet fixation for some reason and it's misinformed. Magnets work after being dropped in water)
  • “Remember this, it’s a date that’s very important. We need you to get out and vote to set the stage for November. Go Vote. November 27th” – 2-17-24 (Trump imploring Michigan to vote in the primary, which is in February not November)
  • “They want wind but what happens if the wind doesn’t blow? They don’t know. You know it’s hard to store wind energy, right, you know that.” 2-17-24 (Trump revealing he has no idea how wind energy works).
  • Exchange with Laura Ingraham on Fox News – 2-20-24:
    -Trump: “If you have mail in voting, you automatically have fraud.” Trump
    -Ingraham: “Well there’s mail-in voting in Florida, and you won” – Ingraham
    -Trump: “That’s right” – Trump
    -Ingraham: Confused look
  • “We’re going to federalize; we’re going to have very powerful crime. And you’re going to be proud of it again.” 2-21-24. [Editor's Note: Trump promises more crime and taking pride in having a lot of crime]
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The beauty of all this is that once the other trials kick in and the campaign really gets underway, the pressure on his "brain"(?) will grow even more intense and we'll be treated to even better glimpses inside his "mind"(?).

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 4:43pm
The beauty of all this is that once the other trials kick in and the campaign really gets underway, the pressure on his "brain"(?) will grow even more intense and we'll be treated to even better glimpses inside his "mind"(?).
Every new day is the most mentally cogent day of the rest of Trump's life.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 4:55pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 4:43pm
Every new day is the most mentally cogent day of the rest of Trump's life.
Ha! It reminds me of what I heard in grad school (not said to me, but to someone else): The day you take your oral exams, after reading a gorillion books in preparation, you will never be smarter. It's all downhill from there. And, damn, it's really true.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Wow. When you see one brain fart after another like that, it's kinda sad. And funny. Because I hate him.