Kory wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 12:44pm
revbob wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 7:50am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 6:31am
revbob wrote:
09 Apr 2020, 9:01pm
Just on a family Zoom meet. Fuck my one cousin is such a Trumper. I know a lot of my extended family are but fuck me it aint like they're rich at least then I would get it.
He's a poor man's idea of a rich man.
Well put. I've also always kind of thought some people aspire to be rich assholes and that's why they so revere rich assholes even when there's 0 chance it would ever happen so in lieu of that they are just assholes.
I like the description of most American Republican voters being "temporarily embarrassed millionaires." The American Dream™ has so brainwashed everyone that they think there's every chance they will one day be super rich, and wouldn't it be great if all the tax cuts and privileges were already in place when they achieved that? Gotta get a Republican in office to get that in place for them.
From Tom Frank's What's the Matter With Kansas?:
For decades Americans have experienced a populist uprising that only benefits the people it is supposed to be targeting. In Kansas we merely see an extreme version of this mysterious situation. The angry workers, mighty in their numbers, are marching irresistibly against the arrogant. They are shaking their fists at the sons of privilege. They are laughing at the dainty affectations of the Leawood toffs. They are massing at the gates of Mission Hills, hoisting the black flag, and while the millionaires tremble in their mansions, they are bellowing out their terrifying demands. “We are here,” they scream, “to cut your taxes.”
Very well-written, I like that.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: The Trump observations thread

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
15 Apr 2020, 8:57pm
That's a scary picture.

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

revbob wrote:
16 Apr 2020, 7:36am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
That's a scary picture.
Are you sure it's not a preview of The Walking Dead finale?
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
That's a scary picture.
I said a few weeks ago that as bad as Trump's handling of this has been, if Clinton or Obama were president, that kind of opposition/resistance would have been there from the start, with Fox News egging it on. It would have been full-on conspiracy theory to initiate One-World UN Scientist Takeover Plan #5g.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Apr 2020, 8:36am
revbob wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
That's a scary picture.
I said a few weeks ago that as bad as Trump's handling of this has been, if Clinton or Obama were president, that kind of opposition/resistance would have been there from the start, with Fox News egging it on. It would have been full-on conspiracy theory to initiate One-World UN Scientist Takeover Plan #5g.
Especially if it was Obama, how dare a black man try and lead this bunch of racists. I honestly think at times we would be better off as 2 nations. Give the bigots Texas, and maybe someplace else.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
16 Apr 2020, 9:24am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Apr 2020, 8:36am
revbob wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
That's a scary picture.
Especially if it was Obama, how dare a black man try and lead this bunch of racists. I honestly think at times we would be better off as 2 nations. Give the bigots Texas, and maybe someplace else.
Florida.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Apr 2020, 9:24am
I always think of the line about antebellum South Carolina—not sure if it was from a historian or contemporary—that it was too small for a nation, too big for an asylum.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

I'm pretty sure hell has frozen over. I mean...wow.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
19 Apr 2020, 3:16pm
Yeah my friend was just telling me about this.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
19 Apr 2020, 7:48pm
Mimi wrote:
19 Apr 2020, 3:16pm
Yeah my friend was just telling me about this.
It's often useful to remember the story of the scorpion and the frog: people act to their nature. Some might be more adept at masking it somewhat, but they must act to their nature. Rancid shitbags gotta stink.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 11:26am
More or less what Madison predicted in one of the Federalist essays.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 11:33am
Mimi wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 11:26am
More or less what Madison predicted in one of the Federalist essays.
He's all like, See! I told you!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »