gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Trump observations thread

Post by gkbill »

Sparky wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 12:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 12:20pm
La grosse orange issued a rambling whine on Pravda this morning. Maybe something new is coming his way that he's heard about?
Nah, he's "as innocent as a person can be", just ask him.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/i-am-as- ... ial-posts/
Hello,

I googled innocent and did not see his picture.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

I keep thinking of this when I hear all the different reasons from different people as to why he hasn’t done anything wrong with the boxes taken by the FBI;

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Here's something that sticks in my craw. Now, the obvious and likely answer is: Trump's a moron (fun fact: that works for most any Trump-related question). But why the fuck wouldn't he have had all those boxes of documents photographed then returned? I can't understand why having the original documents mattered so much that he'd put himself in such a dumb and risky position when just making copies would mean he'd likely have gotten away with it (tho if he was selling the info, American intelligence would/will eventually figure it out). I take greater precautions pirating a movie. Being rich, white, and stupid really is the sweet life.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2022, 1:31pm
Here's something that sticks in my craw. Now, the obvious and likely answer is: Trump's a moron (fun fact: that works for most any Trump-related question). But why the fuck wouldn't he have had all those boxes of documents photographed then returned? I can't understand why having the original documents mattered so much that he'd put himself in such a dumb and risky position when just making copies would mean he'd likely have gotten away with it (tho if he was selling the info, American intelligence would/will eventually figure it out). I take greater precautions pirating a movie. Being rich, white, and stupid really is the sweet life.
It's just not the same when you jerk off onto photocopies
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hello,

Trump forgot his phone can take pictures. He could have taken a selfie with a top secret document. How much could he have raised by auctioning one of these off to his fan base?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
31 Aug 2022, 2:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Right, but we're talking about Trump's odd choices for stealing documents.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
31 Aug 2022, 2:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wrong thread Flex...or fan site...

Flex

Post by Flex »

You're all scared of the truth. I get it. But that's what the justice department has to sort out.

Pex Lives!

x3em
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by x3em »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah, saw that theory on twitter. Greed. If his intent was to sell the information to real baddies, copies would not as valuable. If the information is unique it would be worth a lot more.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

x3em wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 12:35am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah, saw that theory on twitter. Greed. If his intent was to sell the information to real baddies, copies would not as valuable. If the information is unique it would be worth a lot more.
But if he could sell the same thing to multiple buyers, that'd be more valuable to him. And that's always going to be foremost in his mind—fleecing as many people as possible and thinking himself clever and a winner.

I asked someone I know who works in the foreign service here if they could see a reason why. The best they could come up with is that the penalties for copying super duper top secret info might be worse than just removing and hiding them. Perhaps, but it's hard for me to see that he suddenly gets cautious and seeks to minimize his peril if he gets caught.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 6:29am
x3em wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
But if he could sell the same thing to multiple buyers, that'd be more valuable to him. And that's always going to be foremost in his mind—fleecing as many people as possible and thinking himself clever and a winner.

I asked someone I know who works in the foreign service here if they could see a reason why. The best they could come up with is that the penalties for copying super duper top secret info might be worse than just removing and hiding them. Perhaps, but it's hard for me to see that he suddenly gets cautious and seeks to minimize his peril if he gets caught.
Having copies floating around would tend to come back at him and perhaps also reduces their value.

But bringing people in for special viewings means he keeps it, people arent leaving with copies and it retains value.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 7:52am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 6:29am
x3em wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Having copies floating around would tend to come back at him and perhaps also reduces their value.

But bringing people in for special viewings means he keeps it, people arent leaving with copies and it retains value.
Right, but it doesn't explain why he didn't make his own set and then return the originals, avoiding the current quicksand he's in. He could still hold onto his copy, have the special viewings or what have you. As I said from the start, the answer is probably Trump is a moron, but this is such a spectacularly unforced error.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Mine is the only theory that fits the facts.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

In the ensuing decades, political scientists, historians, and legal scholars would argue over the merits of the "jerk off" theory of Trump's behaviour. Some thought the theory's creator was a smart ass, others just a dick, and a small minority believed that "it's not without a modicum of insight if we're being charitable."
- from A History of the United States, Vol III, 2001–2100