Hee!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Trump observations thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

So Krist Novoselic has also gone nuts, huh?
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/ ... est-speech
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 6:03am
Rich, white, and over 50. His interests align with the establishment. It takes a special case not to go that kind of nuts.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 10:35am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 6:03am
Rich, white, and over 50. His interests align with the establishment. It takes a special case not to go that kind of nuts.
The only comfort I can take is that, yup, there's another Xer fucking up like the collective asshats we are.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

In the reports he mentions being a libertarian. I lamented on the Tweeterz that Krist feels like a particular fuck-up politically because he had some history on the left, but given that his most prominent political work was with The No WTO Combo, it's not hard to think that he was a right-libertarian making common cause with Jello & co. (and contextualizes Jello's right/left alliance against free trade a bit during that recording, maybe).
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 11:28am
In the reports he mentions being a libertarian. I lamented on the Tweeterz that Krist feels like a particular fuck-up politically because he had some history on the left, but given that his most prominent political work was with The No WTO Combo, it's not hard to think that he was a right-libertarian making common cause with Jello & co. (and contextualizes Jello's right/left alliance against free trade a bit during that recording, maybe).
I recall him being a vocal supporter of Jerry Brown last time he ran for prez... 1992 ?

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Bwtween him and woke Axl, I don't know what to do with myself.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 1:19pm
Flex wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 11:28am
I recall him being a vocal supporter of Jerry Brown last time he ran for prez... 1992 ?
And Nirvana early on played shows in support of environmentalism and LBTG people. Maybe that was KC's push right there, but it's hard not to think he was more comfortable on the left side of things. Wouldn't be the first time I was completely wrong (e.g., I resisted the idea that Morrissey was a racist for longer than was sensible).

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Trump says he hopes George Floyd 'looking down' and seeing today’s jobs numbers as 'a great day for him'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 6.html?amp

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 3:41pm
Trump says he hopes George Floyd 'looking down' and seeing today’s jobs numbers as 'a great day for him'

I just don't know what world these people live in. Conservatives really live in an alternate reality.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 4:00pm
revbob wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 3:41pm

I just don't know what world these people live in. Conservatives really live in an alternate reality.
Why anyone would try and equate the two

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Bill Barr is the unathletic fat kid who always got picked last and now who he thinks is the cool kid wants him on his team.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jun 2020, 9:56am
Forgot the part where they sell their story about all his impeachable offenses well after the time they could actually be used to impeach him.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
18 Jun 2020, 9:58am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jun 2020, 9:56am
Forgot the part where they sell their story about all his impeachable offenses well after the time they could actually be used to impeach him.
Max Boot, a neocon who claims that conservatives have betrayed everything they believe in (well, that's questionable), had a column in the WaPo this morning saying just that. Thanks for the exposé, but fuck you for both taking so long and not speaking up when it might have mattered. Plus, y'know, Bolton is still a bloodthirsty monster.