Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Trump observations thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

At the job interview …
Q: And why do you want to be president?
A: To stay out of jail.
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 6-1384379/
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 9:17am
At the job interview …
Two possible outcomes here:

1. He views becoming president such an existential necessity that he is maximally willing to ratfuck any Republican who stands in his way, including DeSantis, and destroy the party if he thinks he may be able to save himself;

2. Republicans cut a dirty deal with Trump to shield him from any legal actions against him if he agrees to be a team player.

I don't know if #2 could even work - how would you stop the state of New York from investigating him, for example - and even then then I gotta think the trump brain would resist requiring to rely on any non-family member to assure him of his security and safety.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 9:56am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 9:17am
At the job interview …
Two possible outcomes here:

1. He views becoming president such an existential necessity that he is maximally willing to ratfuck any Republican who stands in his way, including DeSantis, and destroy the party if he thinks he may be able to save himself;

2. Republicans cut a dirty deal with Trump to shield him from any legal actions against him if he agrees to be a team player.

I don't know if #2 could even work - how would you stop the state of New York from investigating him, for example - and even then then I gotta think the trump brain would resist requiring to rely on any non-family member to assure him of his security and safety.
There are way too many moving parts for #2 to work, including the foreknowledge of all involved that Trump will fuck over everyone involved in the deal, and, yeah, New York's and Georgia's investigations are underway. But fundamentally, apart from his all-encompassing narcissism, he's in love with chaos, believing (from experience) that that's how to succeed. He can't help but wreck things, both for ego—look what I did!—and for method. Lindsey Graham's prediction about how accommodating Trump will eventually destroy the Republicans seems more and more likely to me as Trump's anxiety grows.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2022, 7:01am
Hey, dumbasses, that's a bus, not a train. :rolleyes: :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Y'know, people have regularly looked back and asked how Germans could be sucked into following an absurd-looking little lunatic or the Italians a strutting pompous oaf, yet when Americans finally found their fascist lovegod, it's an absurd spray-tan fat-ass. In spite of fascism's love of the strong man leader, does it actually require a ridiculous boob as its figurehead?

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 11:18am
Y'know, people have regularly looked back and asked how Germans could be sucked into following an absurd-looking little lunatic or the Italians a strutting pompous oaf, yet when Americans finally found their fascist lovegod, it's an absurd spray-tan fat-ass. In spite of fascism's love of the strong man leader, does it actually require a ridiculous boob as its figurehead?
At least Young Stalin was hot.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 11:24am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Born a different time, he's pursues a career as a model instead of a genocidal monster. Life's funny.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 11:28am
JennyB wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 11:24am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Born a different time, he's pursues a career as a model instead of a genocidal monster. Life's funny.
Great hair too.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

That may not actually be him.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 1:27pm
Really? I've understood that to be a mug shot when he was, like, 17.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2022, 8:42am
Mimi wrote:
16 Jul 2022, 8:23am
oh good lord. Where is this?
Some town in Virginia, allegedly.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/trump-store-boones-mill

SW Virginia. Never been to that part, but it seems West Virginia adjacent both geographically and politically.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Silent Majority wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 1:27pm
Yeah, I was gonna say, it's disputed. Still, tho, quite a dish if true.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 1:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2022, 8:42am
Mimi wrote:
16 Jul 2022, 8:23am
oh good lord. Where is this?
Some town in Virginia, allegedly.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/trump-store-boones-mill

SW Virginia. Never been to that part, but it seems West Virginia adjacent both geographically and politically.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

IMG_6048.jpeg
The Boss sent me this about Bannon's day in court.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Don't ruin the Peanuts gang for me. :lol: