Trump music choice Florida ralley

Politics and other such topical creams.
darter
Sightsee MC

Trump music choice Florida ralley

Post by darter »

Now I wanted to see how this might compare to a Nuremberg rally but I can't quite figure out what was intended here.

http://www.newsweek.com/watch-live-trum ... eam-558383

If you cut in at minute 32:00 you can get a couple minutes of some music. What is it?
Then silence. (Shaky camera work ensues - like when they follow a rocket launch). Blair WItch? Will Challenger explode??
Then Trump appears. I won't spoil the rest of it for you. Could be Kubric at work after that.

Was that Star Wars music? I don't get it. It's not meant to be farcical right? Is it a brilliant bit of stagecraft meant to disorient the viewer? If so, it worked. Does the KGB produce this sort of stuff? Is that the plan? Accidental disturbia? I have no idea. Trump must have story -boarded this himself so it must be an expression of his vision - which at least makes some sense: accounting for the unsettling weirdness. Are we seeing how a sociopath wishes the world to see him?

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Trump music choice Florida ralley

Post by oliver »

Ride of the Valkyries... apropos of nothing, it can also be heard on 'The Birth of a Nation' and 'Apocalypse Now'

This is what he should be coming out of the plane to
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

drowninghere
Long Time Jerk

Post by drowninghere »

probably my favourite Curb episode

darter
Sightsee MC

Post by darter »

oliver wrote:
19 Feb 2017, 12:35pm
Ride of the Valkyries... apropos of nothing, it can also be heard on 'The Birth of a Nation' and 'Apocalypse Now'

This is what he should be coming out of the plane to

Dare I say apropos of this:

"It is true, said Carr, that Wagner's music was used at key moments in the Nazi regime. On the so-called Day of Potsdam, the propaganda show staged on March 21 1933 by Goebbels, officially to inaugurate the new Reichstag, the day ended with a performance of Die Meistersinger (at Hitler's insistence; originally a performance of Strauss's Elektra had been planned). The Ride of the Valkyries was broadcast to accompany reports on German air attacks." [https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007 ... .musicnews]