"What Have Millennials Ruined Today?" Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Politics and other such topical creams.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: "What Have Millennials Ruined Today?" Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by Kory »

Caffeine gives me flu-like symptoms, so I stay away. I'm sure if I drank it more, I'd get over that hump, but I can't see the point. I do like the taste though.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Jul 2019, 12:39pm
Crappy coffee chains: https://globalnews.ca/news/5694682/tim- ... s-rebrand/
Attachments
D25EF1F2-CF0F-4C5C-BFBB-5534AA58777C.png

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Kory wrote:
30 Jul 2019, 6:55pm
Caffeine gives me flu-like symptoms, so I stay away. I'm sure if I drank it more, I'd get over that hump, but I can't see the point. I do like the taste though.
Weird thing I've noticed is that as I get older - caffeine has less and less of a physical impact on me. It no longer gives me the same pep and I can down a Mountain Dew before crawling into bed and sleep like a baby. My girlfriend, however - even the small amount of caffeine in a bar of chocolate will keep her up and impact her sleep for days. I think I drink coffee these days for the mental kick it gives me - I just associate it with waking up that if I don't have at least one cup - I do feel sluggish.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
30 Jul 2019, 10:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Jul 2019, 12:39pm
Crappy coffee chains: https://globalnews.ca/news/5694682/tim- ... s-rebrand/
I will be there - well maybe not that Tim Horton's - but Toronto - in 2 weeks. Never been before and I'm really excited to check it out. Think we're going to go to a Jays game on the 14th.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
31 Jul 2019, 11:34am
Kory wrote:
Weird thing I've noticed is that as I get older - caffeine has less and less of a physical impact on me. It no longer gives me the same pep and I can down a Mountain Dew before crawling into bed and sleep like a baby. My girlfriend, however - even the small amount of caffeine in a bar of chocolate will keep her up and impact her sleep for days. I think I drink coffee these days for the mental kick it gives me - I just associate it with waking up that if I don't have at least one cup - I do feel sluggish.
The one bad thing about caffeine is that when I go off coffee, for a good week or so my joints hurt like a bastard. Someone told me it's residual caffeine slowly leaving your system. Maybe true, I dunno. But avoiding that ache is as good a reason as any to make sure I feed the monkey once a day.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Jul 2019, 11:38am
WestwayKid wrote:
Kory wrote:
The one bad thing about caffeine is that when I go off coffee, for a good week or so my joints hurt like a bastard. Someone told me it's residual caffeine slowly leaving your system. Maybe true, I dunno. But avoiding that ache is as good a reason as any to make sure I feed the monkey once a day.
I quit caffeine like 7 years ago. For almost a year. Then I let it creep back into my life and now I’m a slave to it again.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Wolter wrote:
31 Jul 2019, 11:40am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Kory wrote:
I quit caffeine like 7 years ago. For almost a year. Then I let it creep back into my life and now I’m a slave to it again.
How was the quitting process and how was it being off of it?

I didn't drink coffee until I was 30 and I'm still generally fine without it, but I'm adamant about only doing one cup a day and using energy drinks only when absolutely necessary.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
31 Jul 2019, 11:45am

I didn't drink coffee until I was 30 and I'm still generally fine without it, but I'm adamant about only doing one cup a day and using energy drinks only when absolutely necessary.
No big thing for me to quit. If a doctor told me I had to, it wouldn't be a chore. I drink it out of enjoyment and sociability. The Boss and I drink an Americano in the morning, and that's usually it for me for the day (she'll inevitably have another when she gets to campus). If I'm especially loagy in the afternoon, I might make another, but that's fairly rare.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

matedog wrote:
31 Jul 2019, 11:45am
Wolter wrote:
31 Jul 2019, 11:40am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Kory wrote:

About 3 days of migraines and aches. The big thing is the habits. I’ve been drinking coffee almost 4 decades. It’s a part of my ritual, so it’s easy to fall back on it. And I’ve never had a decaf that tasted quite right.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Will be thrilled if this starts showing up in election results. Reap your whirlwind, governing cunts.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
05 Jan 2023, 10:23am
Will be thrilled if this starts showing up in election results. Reap your whirlwind, governing cunts.
What the right succeeded in convincing Xers was to either vote conservative or to dismiss voting altogether as validation of a corrupt system. Which, give them their due, that's a pretty clever strategy.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Jan 2023, 10:28am
Silent Majority wrote:
What the right succeeded in convincing Xers was to either vote conservative or to dismiss voting altogether as validation of a corrupt system. Which, give them their due, that's a pretty clever strategy.
Conservatives lose when more people vote.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 Jan 2023, 11:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Consistently enough to be axiomatic. Conservatives are behind every effort to restrict voting, be it qualifications or method.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Jan 2023, 11:31am
revbob wrote:
05 Jan 2023, 11:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Consistently enough to be axiomatic. Conservatives are behind every effort to restrict voting, be it qualifications or method.
An apathetic electorate has been their key to success.