"What Have Millennials Ruined Today?" Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Politics and other such topical creams.
101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 17526
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: "What Have Millennials Ruined Today?" Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by 101Walterton » 16 Oct 2018, 2:06pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 11:40am
matedog wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 10:56am
Can Millennials even afford luxury condos?
The lucky ones whose Boomer parents have died relatively soon, yes.
Boomers buy the appartments then rent them out. Millenials want to live in the expensive trendy apartments but can’t afford to buy them so instead of buying somewhere cheaper in another area they rent them from Boomers making Boomers richer and Millenials poorer.

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 9060
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: "What Have Millennials Ruined Today?" Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by BostonBeaneater » 16 Oct 2018, 2:24pm

101Walterton wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 2:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 11:40am
matedog wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 10:56am
Can Millennials even afford luxury condos?
The lucky ones whose Boomer parents have died relatively soon, yes.
Boomers buy the appartments then rent them out. Millenials want to live in the expensive trendy apartments but can’t afford to buy them so instead of buying somewhere cheaper in another area they rent them from Boomers making Boomers richer and Millenials poorer.
You know what's great about Boomers?

Soon they will die.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79766
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: "What Have Millennials Ruined Today?" Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by Dr. Medulla » 16 Oct 2018, 2:31pm

BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 2:24pm
101Walterton wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 2:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 11:40am
matedog wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 10:56am
Can Millennials even afford luxury condos?
The lucky ones whose Boomer parents have died relatively soon, yes.
Boomers buy the appartments then rent them out. Millenials want to live in the expensive trendy apartments but can’t afford to buy them so instead of buying somewhere cheaper in another area they rent them from Boomers making Boomers richer and Millenials poorer.
You know what's great about Boomers?

Soon they will die.
The soon part is as exciting as the dying part. The frustrating part is that it's not soon enough.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 14307
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: "What Have Millennials Ruined Today?" Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by Silent Majority » 16 Oct 2018, 3:31pm

101Walterton wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 2:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 11:40am
matedog wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 10:56am
Can Millennials even afford luxury condos?
The lucky ones whose Boomer parents have died relatively soon, yes.
Boomers buy the appartments then rent them out. Millenials want to live in the expensive trendy apartments but can’t afford to buy them so instead of buying somewhere cheaper in another area they rent them from Boomers making Boomers richer and Millenials poorer.
In a big city, it's mostly rich millennials from towns and the country, displacing their native peers.
Kool Moe Dee was in the Treacherous Three

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 51273
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: "What Have Millennials Ruined Today?" Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by Wolter » 16 Oct 2018, 6:32pm

My grandparents preferred the “ribbon candy that fused into a bowl-shaped lump” style.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79766
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: "What Have Millennials Ruined Today?" Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by Dr. Medulla » 16 Oct 2018, 8:05pm

WestwayKid wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 12:58pm


Speaking of granny (or granddad) candy dishes...
Ha! My very elderly mother usually has a bowl of these and gobble them like a junkie when I visit.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 17526
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: "What Have Millennials Ruined Today?" Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by 101Walterton » 16 Oct 2018, 8:11pm

Silent Majority wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 3:31pm
101Walterton wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 2:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 11:40am
matedog wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 10:56am
Can Millennials even afford luxury condos?
The lucky ones whose Boomer parents have died relatively soon, yes.
Boomers buy the appartments then rent them out. Millenials want to live in the expensive trendy apartments but can’t afford to buy them so instead of buying somewhere cheaper in another area they rent them from Boomers making Boomers richer and Millenials poorer.
In a big city, it's mostly rich millennials from towns and the country, displacing their native peers.
Not down here it’s not. House prices are ridiculously high and lending rules mean you can buy a house with 100% mortgage against the equity in your home.
Shortage of houses (because of this practise) means rents are high and cover the cost of the mortgage. Once you have one rental property you can buy the next against the first etc.. etc.. Not uncommon for average boomer to own several properties.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 51273
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: "What Have Millennials Ruined Today?" Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by Wolter » 16 Oct 2018, 8:15pm

Working in high rise property management, I’ve noticed a lot of ridiculously rich Boomers buying places for their worthless scions.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 9060
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: "What Have Millennials Ruined Today?" Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by BostonBeaneater » 18 Oct 2018, 2:49pm

Wolter wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 8:15pm
Working in high rise property management, I’ve noticed a lot of ridiculously rich Boomers buying places for their worthless scions.
My neighbor in a rental in Long Island City were a couple from Texas who rented it because their son and daughter lived in the same building. They we in it maybe 15 days a year. The rent was $2800 a month.
Image

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 9060
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: "What Have Millennials Ruined Today?" Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by BostonBeaneater » 18 Oct 2018, 2:58pm

Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79766
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: "What Have Millennials Ruined Today?" Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by Dr. Medulla » 18 Oct 2018, 3:00pm

BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 2:49pm
Wolter wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 8:15pm
Working in high rise property management, I’ve noticed a lot of ridiculously rich Boomers buying places for their worthless scions.
My neighbor in a rental in Long Island City were a couple from Texas who rented it because their son and daughter lived in the same building. They we in it maybe 15 days a year. The rent was $2800 a month.
That shit enrages me to no end. Live in a place or cede it to squatters.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79766
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: "What Have Millennials Ruined Today?" Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by Dr. Medulla » 24 Oct 2018, 4:02pm

I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2292
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: "What Have Millennials Ruined Today?" Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by WestwayKid » 25 Oct 2018, 9:46am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 4:02pm
Chili Davis' paycheques: http://www.tmz.com/2018/10/16/chili-dav ... ach-fired/
Too bad the Senior Professional Baseball Association folded. Maybe he could have found a job with them?

On a side note - in reading up on the SPBA - I discovered that Joaquín Andújar had died in 2015. Man, he was hated in Milwaukee for a long time after the 1982 WS.
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79766
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: "What Have Millennials Ruined Today?" Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by Dr. Medulla » 25 Oct 2018, 9:54am

WestwayKid wrote:
25 Oct 2018, 9:46am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 4:02pm
Chili Davis' paycheques: http://www.tmz.com/2018/10/16/chili-dav ... ach-fired/
Too bad the Senior Professional Baseball Association folded. Maybe he could have found a job with them?

On a side note - in reading up on the SPBA - I discovered that Joaquín Andújar had died in 2015. Man, he was hated in Milwaukee for a long time after the 1982 WS.
My only memory of him was of going apeshit, batshit, and shitballs in the seventh game of the 1985 WS. Like he genuinely would have murdered people if he'd had a weapon.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2292
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: "What Have Millennials Ruined Today?" Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by WestwayKid » 25 Oct 2018, 11:00am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Oct 2018, 9:54am
WestwayKid wrote:
25 Oct 2018, 9:46am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 4:02pm
Chili Davis' paycheques: http://www.tmz.com/2018/10/16/chili-dav ... ach-fired/
Too bad the Senior Professional Baseball Association folded. Maybe he could have found a job with them?

On a side note - in reading up on the SPBA - I discovered that Joaquín Andújar had died in 2015. Man, he was hated in Milwaukee for a long time after the 1982 WS.
My only memory of him was of going apeshit, batshit, and shitballs in the seventh game of the 1985 WS. Like he genuinely would have murdered people if he'd had a weapon.
His shtick in 1982 was that he'd make a gun gesture with his hands whenever he struck a batter out. His antics in 1985 were legendary.
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests