Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Late stage capitalism

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JoseUnidos wrote:
18 Jun 2019, 10:45am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 7:02am
Nice lightning rod.
Okay, god, time to prove us atheists to be morons.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

https://www.dwr.com/outdoor-umbrellas/m ... DgQAvD_BwE

Going to a sports car race tomorrow and was looking for inexpensive sun shade options for my daughter and this popped up. How in the hell could this be worth $999.99? This website is like IKEA for the idle rich...
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
03 Aug 2019, 12:31pm

Going to a sports car race tomorrow and was looking for inexpensive sun shade options for my daughter and this popped up. How in the hell could this be worth $999.99? This website is like IKEA for the idle rich...
Stand sold separately.
:twitch:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Aug 2019, 12:43pm
WestwayKid wrote:
03 Aug 2019, 12:31pm

Stand sold separately.
:twitch:
Of course it is.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

The revolution cannot came fast enough...

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Because I know how much you all love Frasier:

"This sounds like a Frasier plotline. He would hold a fancy dinner party to organize opposition to the park and discover that Eddie is the barking ringleader."
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 9:23am
Because I know how much you all love Frasier:

"This sounds like a Frasier plotline. He would hold a fancy dinner party to organize opposition to the park and discover that Eddie is the barking ringleader."
Something something Maris something ha ha ha.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

https://www.zumper.com/apartment-buildi ... n-diego-ca

This shed could be yours for only $1,050 per month...which is roughly my mortgage on a 3 bedroom ranch in suburban Milwaukee.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
03 Oct 2019, 8:07am

This shed could be yours for only $1,050 per month...which is roughly my mortgage on a 3 bedroom ranch in suburban Milwaukee.
Yeah, but the water is included, which is pretty sweet.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2019, 8:25am
WestwayKid wrote:

It's actually pretty cool how they crammed so much into a shed. I've always been a little intrigued by the tiny house thing. I don't think I'd ever want to live in one - I have too much stuff, but I like looking at them for some reason.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
03 Oct 2019, 9:31am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

It's actually pretty cool how they crammed so much into a shed. I've always been a little intrigued by the tiny house thing. I don't think I'd ever want to live in one - I have too much stuff, but I like looking at them for some reason.
Certainly not to justify the price for that tiny space, but we've internalized a "need" for more and more space over the decades. Those original Levittown houses in the late 40s, early 50s were tiny mouse houses, but people raised families in them. But it is tied in with the notion of our primary identities as consumers. Consumers acquire stuff and keep on acquiring stuff, and need a place for that. Before that ideological/psychological transformation in the post-war period, that level of acquisition was reserved for the elite, and so most of us didn't need that much. We're all on the treadmill and we're making it go faster.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2019, 9:54am
WestwayKid wrote:
03 Oct 2019, 9:31am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Certainly not to justify the price for that tiny space, but we've internalized a "need" for more and more space over the decades. Those original Levittown houses in the late 40s, early 50s were tiny mouse houses, but people raised families in them. But it is tied in with the notion of our primary identities as consumers. Consumers acquire stuff and keep on acquiring stuff, and need a place for that. Before that ideological/psychological transformation in the post-war period, that level of acquisition was reserved for the elite, and so most of us didn't need that much. We're all on the treadmill and we're making it go faster.
We live in 850 square feet which is the biggest place I've lived in 10 years. New York City cured me of hoarding any stuff.