Late stage capitalism

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Late stage capitalism

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://archive.ph/HUAbH

Maybe this is a more superficial reason to hate the rich, but it goes on the fuckin' pile! :angry:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Apr 2023, 9:17am
https://archive.ph/HUAbH

Maybe this is a more superficial reason to hate the rich, but it goes on the fuckin' pile! :angry:
Hello,

This adds another chapter to hating the pretentious.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Someone should write a book about this.

Call it "Hollow Book Theory".

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Maybe not the true spirit of this thread, but whatever. Back from the grocery, saw a guy walking his dog. Mid-40s, mullet, a too-tight tank top that barely covered moobs and pot belly, retina-scalding pink shorts, and bright yellow crocs. Sir, the unexamined life is not worth living.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 May 2023, 2:54pm
Maybe not the true spirit of this thread, but whatever. Back from the grocery, saw a guy walking his dog. Mid-40s, mullet, a too-tight tank top that barely covered moobs and pot belly, retina-scalding pink shorts, and bright yellow crocs. Sir, the unexamined life is not worth living.
Umm Flex isn't actually that old

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
12 May 2023, 6:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
He's on his way. He's. On. His. Way.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I was JUST about to object to his characterization of my age. I'm not Hoy, dammit!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
12 May 2023, 7:42pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I was JUST about to object to his characterization of my age. I'm not Hoy, dammit!
Exactly. Hoy is so skinny he'd have to stuff to get moobs.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
12 May 2023, 7:44pm
Flex wrote:
12 May 2023, 7:42pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Exactly. Hoy is so skinny he'd have to stuff to get moobs.
Hoy's gonna be one of those weird old skinny guys with a big gut and no ass, popping his dentures in and out with his tongue.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I don't remember if there was chatter here about the railroad strike when it was being threatened some months back. Biden took a bunch of shit (including from me) for going along with the congressional power to break the strike, but as an update the union just won a major sick leave concession and the union is crediting the Biden administration hugely with the union successes.

Article: https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... sick-leave

People can take it however they'd like in terms of what it means about Biden, the dems, etc and labor, but this was a pretty big union news story initially and it's good to see that it's actually turned into a pretty decent labor win.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Flex wrote:
23 Jun 2023, 5:40pm
I don't remember if there was chatter here about the railroad strike when it was being threatened some months back. Biden took a bunch of shit (including from me) for going along with the congressional power to break the strike, but as an update the union just won a major sick leave concession and the union is crediting the Biden administration hugely with the union successes.

Article: https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... sick-leave

People can take it however they'd like in terms of what it means about Biden, the dems, etc and labor, but this was a pretty big union news story initially and it's good to see that it's actually turned into a pretty decent labor win.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Once more for those of you hard of hearing down the back:

THERE. IS. NO. ALTERNATIVE.

https://x.com/paulwaugh/status/1716383785401381339?s=20

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 6:08am

Four decades of neoliberal puppets wrote:Oops, our bad.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 7:31am
Low Down Low wrote:

All because one careless stenographer wrote trickle up instead of down on the original memo and they said, ah just leave it, everybody understands you can't defy the laws of gravity anyway. Ah well...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 8:00am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 7:31am
Low Down Low wrote:

All because one careless stenographer wrote trickle up instead of down on the original memo and they said, ah just leave it, everybody understands you can't defy the laws of gravity anyway. Ah well...
:lol: