Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Brexit what Brexit!

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
20 Jan 2021, 10:29am
Saw this meme on reddit this morning:
Not pictured, in between the two stories, a discussion with an accountant.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Daltrey has always been a tory arsehole.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Love his music, but everything I've heard about daltrey suggests he's a piece of shit.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I wish we could somehow get the press out of the habit of looking to celebrities for anything but the job they do. I'd be happy to chat to Daltrey about singing, about the blues, about a bundle of stuff he's got some expertise and knowledge on. Fucking trouts or something.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
20 Jan 2021, 12:17pm
I wish we could somehow get the press out of the habit of looking to celebrities for anything but the job they do. I'd be happy to chat to Daltrey about singing, about the blues, about a bundle of stuff he's got some expertise and knowledge on. Fucking trouts or something.
One of the few things that I appreciate about Twitter is that it pulls the curtain back to show, yeah, celebrities are, on the whole, even dumber than Uncle Gary. Unfortunately, as you said, it hasn't changed the media's (or media consumers') interest in listening to them speak on issues on which they're dolts.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft