Brexit what Brexit!

Politics and other such topical creams.
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: Brexit what Brexit!

Post by Silent Majority »

They're moving towards an election, hoping the bogeyman of Corbyn at No 10 will get dissenters back in line before it goes to the public. I remember when one of the reasons we were supposed to hate him was his unelectability.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 6:44pm
They're moving towards an election, hoping the bogeyman of Corbyn at No 10 will get dissenters back in line before it goes to the public. I remember when one of the reasons we were supposed to hate him was his unelectability.
So, if I understand this, the threat of an election is being wielded against her own backbenchers? That's fucking wild, the degree of open warfare against her own party. I made mention several weeks ago the parallels between this and Canada's Conservatives back in the 80s. Congratulations, your Tories have taken matters leaps beyond what happened with Mulroney's gang. Still, I hope you get a similar result of breaking the right into many pieces.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Have I already mentioned that it seems like most of the Brits I follow on Twitter are lib Dems? Lot of gnashing of teeth that this is all corbyn and labour's fault for being insufficiently committed to remain. I obviously align with anti-brexit sentiment but looking at the vote counts it seems delusional to think that corbyn could bring about a people's vote. The Tories are deeply split over brexit, but there's a formidable brexit minority in labour too. Corbyn's done pretty damned well splitting the difference and maintaining some sense of party unity, imho.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Red Angel
Junco Partner

Post by Red Angel »

Another pair of eggs and the omelette is done.... :disshame:
Music is the only thing that matters

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Flex wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 7:10pm
Have I already mentioned that it seems like most of the Brits I follow on Twitter are lib Dems? Lot of gnashing of teeth that this is all corbyn and labour's fault for being insufficiently committed to remain. I obviously align with anti-brexit sentiment but looking at the vote counts it seems delusional to think that corbyn could bring about a people's vote. The Tories are deeply split over brexit, but there's a formidable brexit minority in labour too. Corbyn's done pretty damned well splitting the difference and maintaining some sense of party unity, imho.
Some truth in that i think. But how much credit should corbyn get or even want for labour being finally steered towards a remain/second vote position? On the day of the march last week where was he but off canvassing for the upcoming local elections which about sums it up. He's always been all about the elections and any way that gets them there is good enough for him i think.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

So now she's going to invite Corbyn in for a compromise and ask for a "short" extension to achieve it. Sounds like more Alice in Wonderland stuff coming out from No.10.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 1:17pm
So now she's going to invite Corbyn in for a compromise and ask for a "short" extension to achieve it. Sounds like more Alice in Wonderland stuff coming out from No.10.
It pretty much accents what a farce this is. Given the divisions and importance of it all, this was something to consult with the Opposition Leader long ago. Ignoring Labour has shown what partisan blinders they wear.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 1:20pm
Low Down Low wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 1:17pm
It pretty much accents what a farce this is. Given the divisions and importance of it all, this was something to consult with the Opposition Leader long ago. Ignoring Labour has shown what partisan blinders they wear.
Mixture of arrogance and total lack of any political nous, never thought she had to. She spent three years sucking up to her party's hard right and now presumably imagines she can simply throw them under the bus with no consequences for either her or her party.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Seems to me the whole thing is a clutterfuck and no matter what agreement, compromise, non agreement is or isn’t made the outcome will be a clutterfuck so why prolong the agony. It is like a suicide bomber arguing over what colour jacket he should wear.

Red Angel
Junco Partner

Post by Red Angel »

Ask for another referral? More and more confusion .... still little and we celebrate the third birthday of the referendum. I am very worried about new generations, for others ... every people rightly decides its own destiny :rolleyes:
Music is the only thing that matters

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 2:46pm
Seems to me the whole thing is a clutterfuck and no matter what agreement, compromise, non agreement is or isn’t made the outcome will be a clutterfuck so why prolong the agony. It is like a suicide bomber arguing over what colour jacket he should wear.
A blue one please let it be a blue one.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 3:42pm
Just say No?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47784238
Zammo couldn't even spell Brexit.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 4:08pm
laxman wrote:
Just say No?

I’d rather watch Zammo v Danny Dyer in a quiz than a Brexit debate

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 8:26pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 4:08pm
laxman wrote:
Just say No?

I’d rather watch Zammo v Danny Dyer in a quiz than a Brexit debate
I'd rather watch Big Daddy Vs. Giant Haystacks.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia