Inder
corecore vanguard

Re: Brexit what Brexit!

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

In that "be careful what you wish for" way, it'd be amusing if Brexit, ostensibly about recovering Britain's lost greatness and autonomy, results in Scotland and Northern Ireland leaving. Big moves always generate bigger, unplanned consequences.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 7:15pm
In that "be careful what you wish for" way, it'd be amusing if Brexit, ostensibly about recovering Britain's lost greatness and autonomy, results in Scotland and Northern Ireland leaving. Big moves always generate bigger, unplanned consequences.
Amusing for who exactly? Britain's lost greatness? ...what year was that as I think I missed the boat.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 7:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Amusing for who exactly? Britain's lost greatness? ...what year was that as I think I missed the boat.
Sorry, amusing in that remote and wry observer kind of way. That is, the architects of Brexit sought to engineer a particular result by winning the referendum, but these kinds of things always unleash other, often ironic events. In this case, the possibility that it leaves England itself much more diminished, rather than enhanced. So, not amusing ha-ha, amusing manipulators-not-so-smart.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 7:55pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sorry, amusing in that remote and wry observer kind of way. That is, the architects of Brexit sought to engineer a particular result by winning the referendum, but these kinds of things always unleash other, often ironic events. In this case, the possibility that it leaves England itself much more diminished, rather than enhanced. So, not amusing ha-ha, amusing manipulators-not-so-smart.
No problem mate I'm aware of your best intentions. I'm sure / certain just how this horror show appears to bystanders. Sadly many buisnesses and shops are already feeling the strain and are folding with some friends of mine already out of jobs. There will be no winners here.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 9:46am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
No problem mate I'm aware of your best intentions. I'm sure / certain just how this horror show appears to bystanders. Sadly many buisnesses and shops are already feeling the strain and are folding with some friends of mine already out of jobs. There will be no winners here.
Retired racists might win?
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 10:09am
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Certain investors betting on economic collapse?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 10:32am
Silent Majority wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 10:09am
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Certain investors betting on economic collapse?
Well I really could not care about either of those you both mention.
Retired racists don't win in any shape or form there will be just as many so called foreign people and other people they are not willing to accept living here in the UK. The people who do all the small dirty work they wouldn't want to soil their hands on will still be required to carry out the same tasks. Someone has to drive the retirement bus for excusrions to the seaside. Buses/ambulances/auxiliaries etc etc the list is endless. Cut backs on their senior services makes them losers also.

Investors will invest regardless no change there as I see it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

I love how Rees Mogg relentlessly bigs up the uk as a great place for investment while his firm has been busy shifting funds to Dublin for the past two years. Do as i say, not as i do is the perfect slogan for these arch brexiteer sleveens.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 11:49am
I love how Rees Mogg relentlessly bigs up the uk as a great place for investment while his firm has been busy shifting funds to Dublin for the past two years. Do as i say, not as i do is the perfect slogan for these arch brexiteer sleveens.
There are plenty like him out there mate. But Brexit doesn't change any of that really. All these rich people who back the different political parties all with offshore investments.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

rees mogg sounds like some horrible prog rock project.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Flex wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 12:01pm
Rees Moog. :lol:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 12:01pm
Throw some umlauts over the vowels and you're a death metal band shooting your first video deep in Norway's forests.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Jacob Rees Mogg often gets compared to a cartoon fro the Beano.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia