Re: Fuck this country

Post by WestwayKid »

BitterTom wrote:
18 Jun 2019, 5:09pm
WestwayKid wrote:
18 Jun 2019, 1:14pm
Flex wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 9:18pm
Police departments are basically just government sanctioned white supremacist terrorist organizations.
I live in a suburb of Milwaukee where the local police force is well known for randomly pulling over African-American motorists. It's become their calling card. Pathetic.
That's fucked up.
Yet - I had a large tree limb fall in my yard on Sunday. My sister (who was watching our cats) sent me a photo. I was driving through Ontario at the time and would not be home until Monday morning. Like a good citizen - I called the local police department to let them know because it was blocking the sidewalk. They said they would take a look and called back to let me know it was in fact blocking the sidewalk, but that there was nothing they could do about it. They would be placing an orange cone and it would be my responsibility. I told them I would take care of it as soon as I got home the next day. When I got home, however, I had a note hanging from my door stating I was breaking a village ordinance by blocking a sidewalk and that I needed to call the police department to let them know I was going to take care of it by the end of the day or else I would be fined. Really? I called them from Canada. I told them when I would be home. I told them it would be taken care of ASAP. Suburban cops really don't have much to do, I guess.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

WestwayKid wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 11:15am
BitterTom wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Flex wrote:
Police departments are basically just government sanctioned white supremacist terrorist organizations.
I live in a suburb of Milwaukee where the local police force is well known for randomly pulling over African-American motorists. It's become their calling card. Pathetic.
That's fucked up.
Yet - I had a large tree limb fall in my yard on Sunday. My sister (who was watching our cats) sent me a photo. I was driving through Ontario at the time and would not be home until Monday morning. Like a good citizen - I called the local police department to let them know because it was blocking the sidewalk. They said they would take a look and called back to let me know it was in fact blocking the sidewalk, but that there was nothing they could do about it. They would be placing an orange cone and it would be my responsibility. I told them I would take care of it as soon as I got home the next day. When I got home, however, I had a note hanging from my door stating I was breaking a village ordinance by blocking a sidewalk and that I needed to call the police department to let them know I was going to take care of it by the end of the day or else I would be fined. Really? I called them from Canada. I told them when I would be home. I told them it would be taken care of ASAP. Suburban cops really don't have much to do, I guess.
Maybe their beer fund was low. Seriously though that's stupid, like you said all you wanted to do was the right thing, makes you feel like you shouldn't bother!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

BitterTom wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 1:07pm
WestwayKid wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Flex wrote:
That's fucked up.
Maybe their beer fund was low. Seriously though that's stupid, like you said all you wanted to do was the right thing, makes you feel like you shouldn't bother!
I did never call the officer back, however. I took care of the tree and as far as I'm concerned - that's the end of it. Their cone is still sitting outside. I wonder if they'll ever pick it up?

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

WestwayKid wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 1:29pm
BitterTom wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

That's fucked up.
I did never call the officer back, however. I took care of the tree and as far as I'm concerned - that's the end of it. Their cone is still sitting outside. I wonder if they'll ever pick it up?
Have it and tell them they've left it on your property and you'll be charging them a daily rate of $20 to keep it.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

BitterTom wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 1:48pm
WestwayKid wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 1:29pm
BitterTom wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
BitterTom wrote:

That's fucked up.
Have it and tell them they've left it on your property and you'll be charging them a daily rate of $20 to keep it.
Ha!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

WestwayKid wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Flex wrote:
That's fucked up.
Not being funny but surely you should ring the council about a blocked footpath not the Police.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

101Walterton wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 6:08pm
WestwayKid wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Flex wrote:
That's fucked up.
Not being funny but surely you should ring the council about a blocked footpath not the Police.
One would think the village department of public works would have taken care of it, but the non-emergency line for the police is always the first stop around here. The dispatcher then decides who to send out: police, fire, DPW. My guess is that because it was a Sunday - she simply had the police check it out because other departments would not have been working.