Corbyn

Politics and other such topical creams.
101Walterton
The Best

Corbyn

Post by 101Walterton »

Can some explain how Corbyn can be so divisive?
He seems to be either the great redeemer or the devil depending on who you talk to with absolutely no middle ground.
Trump and Johnson obviously decide opinion but the reasons are clear and obvious and that says more about their supporters than them.
But with Corbyn even intelligent people with morals including friends of mine are completely at opposite ends of the spectrum on their opinions of him.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Corbyn

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
13 Dec 2019, 3:38pm
He seems to be either the great redeemer or the devil depending on who you talk to with absolutely no middle ground.
Trump and Johnson obviously decide opinion but the reasons are clear and obvious and that says more about their supporters than them.
But with Corbyn even intelligent people with morals including friends of mine are completely at opposite ends of the spectrum on their opinions of him.
Cos they believe the bollocks spouted by the billionaire-controlled media. They really thought he was a terrorist synthesizer.

I really thought we had the chance to have a proper left wing government and tax these vile cunts to the hilt but it was not to be. Now Labour will move to the centre and we're stuck with this bumbling idiot for years to come. Great.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
13 Dec 2019, 3:46pm
101Walterton wrote:
Cos they believe the bollocks spouted by the billionaire-controlled media. They really thought he was a terrorist synthesizer.

I really thought we had the chance to have a proper left wing government and tax these vile cunts to the hilt but it was not to be. Now Labour will move to the centre and we're stuck with this bumbling idiot for years to come. Great.
Bernie Rhodes was a terrorist with a synthesizer!!
So is it soley down to the media (protecting their own self interest).

Heston

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
13 Dec 2019, 3:50pm
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

That and the "will of the people" was perceived to be ignored. There's no doubt Brexit was his downfall. That twat Cameron and his cronies have so much to answer for. Thanks for that referendum that no one asked for.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
13 Dec 2019, 3:58pm
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

That and the "will of the people" was perceived to be ignored. There's no doubt Brexit was his downfall. That twat Cameron and his cronies have so much to answer for. Thanks for that referendum that no one asked for.
My social media was full of support for Corbyn since the election was announced so trying to understand how he lost so badly.
Did people put Brexit before anything else?
Was it the fear or Labour doing a U turn on Brexit and thereby going back to square one?

Heston

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
13 Dec 2019, 4:03pm
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

My social media was full of support for Corbyn since the election was announced so trying to understand how he lost so badly.
Was it the fear or Labour doing a U turn on Brexit and thereby going back to square one?
So was mine and yes.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
13 Dec 2019, 4:07pm
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:

So was mine and yes.
I understand people voting purely about Brexit. It needs to end one way or the other you can’t go another 3 years of purgatory to get to Groundhog Day.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

The media should take a fair amount of credit for the result, there's been nothing positive to say about the man the last 3/4 years. The list of bollocks and unfair spin they wrote about him was endless. He seemed genuine to me and that he actually cared, rare to see in the world of politics. But, this shitty country, as it turns out is well populated with arseholes who couldn't care less about the injustices in society, and if they did, cast them aside to 'get Brexit done' as this was far more important than saving the NHS, ending austerity, poverty, homelessness, the list is pretty long.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BitterTom wrote:
13 Dec 2019, 4:35pm
The media should take a fair amount of credit for the result, there's been nothing positive to say about the man the last 3/4 years. The list of bollocks and unfair spin they wrote about him was endless. He seemed genuine to me and that he actually cared, rare to see in the world of politics. But, this shitty country, as it turns out is well populated with arseholes who couldn't care less about the injustices in society, and if they did, cast them aside to 'get Brexit done' as this was far more important than saving the NHS, ending austerity, poverty, homelessness, the list is pretty long.
Fair points Tom. Hard to see how anything can get done until Brexit is sorted though?

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

101Walterton wrote:
13 Dec 2019, 4:46pm
BitterTom wrote:
Fair points Tom. Hard to see how anything can get done until Brexit is sorted though?
I'm no politician and far from an expert but I'd like to see major changes in society (NHS, poverty, etc.) before even considering Brexit. People are literally dying because of the Tory government that let vulnerable people down over and over again. Brexit isn't as big an issue to me, but like I said, I'm no politician.

Heston

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
13 Dec 2019, 6:14pm
101Walterton wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
I'm no politician and far from an expert but I'd like to see major changes in society (NHS, poverty, etc.) before even considering Brexit. People are literally dying because of the Tory government that let vulnerable people down over and over again. Brexit isn't as big an issue to me, but like I said, I'm no politician.
Word.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
13 Dec 2019, 6:21pm
BitterTom wrote:
13 Dec 2019, 6:14pm
101Walterton wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Word.
I agree entirely Tom but Brexit ain’t going away so has to be dealt with one way or the other whether we like it or not otherwise people will continue to suffer.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I think labour's proposal: negotiate a proper deal and then put it to the vote, was the most responsible and humane brexit policy offered, but unfortunately turned out to be a disaster at the ballot box.

It'd be better for many, many marginalized people for brexit to continue to be delayed and postponed than for a Tory brexit to happen. Unfortunately, Tory Brexit is an inevitability now, and it will merely set the table for a whole raft of new oppressions and injustices.

That's my impression, anyways, as a non-brit
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
Im genuinely curious what you mean by this. I eschew social media for a number of reasons (IMCT excepted), so what constitutes someone's social media feed, other than what I presume to be your like minded friends/family. Is it all of these people expressing their own ideas and beliefs or does other stuff creep in too?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
14 Dec 2019, 1:00pm
101Walterton wrote:
Im genuinely curious what you mean by this. I eschew social media for a number of reasons (IMCT excepted), so what constitutes someone's social media feed, other than what I presume to be your like minded friends/family. Is it all of these people expressing their own ideas and beliefs or does other stuff creep in too?
There's the famous but apocryphal story of the film critic Pauline Kael expressing confusion at how Nixon won in 1972 because she didn't know anybody who had voted for him.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft