A Long Hot Summer begins (a dumpster fire chat)

Politics and other such topical creams.
Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Re: A Long Hot Summer begins (a dumpster fire chat)

Post by Spiff »

Silent Majority wrote:
30 May 2020, 8:40am
The rioters are heroes.
Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong!

The protesters are heroes. They are different from the rioters.

The rioters are fuckwads. They are white supremacists who have swooped in to try to foment the race war they have been dreaming about for a long time.

I was driving around with a friend last night (Friday night) after curfew and saw firsthand how this shit is going down in my backyard, Minneapolis and St. Paul.

I used to live in several of the communities that are being destroyed, and I saw the ruins of several businesses that I had frequented.

We have an openly racist asshole at the head of the Minneapolis Police Federation, and he has just simply got to be replaced. That's just the start of dismantling the racist MPD and rebuilding it up after kicking out all the racist cops who adore their racist union leader.

And that requires a takeover by the feds, but that won't happen under the current Dept. of Justice.

We'll just have to hang on until Trump is ousted in November, so the DOJ can take on that necessary task.

This country is at a turning point, and if the November election doesn't oust Trump, we are headed to a second civil war and this country will tear apart, spilling blood like never before.

I'm not one to be afraid of mass action and the madness of mob behavior. I'm putting myself out in the streets as I can right now, to show solidarity with the protesters and to help stop the rioters.

But I am fearful of the future of this country, and have been for quite a while.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

St. Paul mayor Melvin Carter says all arrests made in St. Paul last night were of people from out of town.
Department of Public Safety commissioner John Harrington cites clear evidence of white supremacist groups operating in the riots to cause more violence.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergeikleb ... 53a155264d

EDIT: btw, both Carter and Harrington are black men.
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Spiff wrote:
30 May 2020, 4:22pm
Silent Majority wrote:
The rioters are heroes.
Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong!

The rioters are fuckwads. They are white supremacists who have swooped in to try to foment the race war they have been dreaming about for a long time.

I was driving around with a friend last night (Friday night) after curfew and saw firsthand how this shit is going down in my backyard, Minneapolis and St. Paul.

I used to live in several of the communities that are being destroyed, and I saw the ruins of several businesses that I had frequented.

We have an openly racist asshole at the head of the Minneapolis Police Federation, and he has just simply got to be replaced. That's just the start of dismantling the racist MPD and rebuilding it up after kicking out all the racist cops who adore their racist union leader.

And that requires a takeover by the feds, but that won't happen under the current Dept. of Justice.

We'll just have to hang on until Trump is ousted in November, so the DOJ can take on that necessary task.

This country is at a turning point, and if the November election doesn't oust Trump, we are headed to a second civil war and this country will tear apart, spilling blood like never before.

I'm not one to be afraid of mass action and the madness of mob behavior. I'm putting myself out in the streets as I can right now, to show solidarity with the protesters and to help stop the rioters.

But I am fearful of the future of this country, and have been for quite a while.
Well said, homestyle. Take good care.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Entire Minnesota National Guard being mobilized. Active duty Military Police units from Ft. Drum in New York and Ft. Bragg in North Carolina being deployed to the Twin Cities.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Spiff wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
The rioters are heroes.
Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong!

You ain’t lying! No one wants this mess more that the cosplay nazis.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 39741.html

BostonBeaneater

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
30 May 2020, 5:50pm
Spiff wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
The rioters are heroes.
Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong!

You ain’t lying! No one wants this mess more that the cosplay nazis.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 39741.html

Thanks, Beaner.

For those who don't know, Keith Ellison, who posted this video on Twitter, is the Minnesota Attorney General. He is also Black.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

BostonBeaneater

Spiff wrote:
30 May 2020, 6:11pm

Thanks, Beaner.

For those who don't know, Keith Ellison, who posted this video on Twitter, is the Minnesota Attorney General. He is also Black.
There are a lot of weird things going on here. White guys in gas masks smashing up the Autozone, the fact that the cop and Floyd once worked together, and several other things are real head scratchers.

Tonight is going to be ugly nationwide.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

double post

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
30 May 2020, 6:42pm
Spiff wrote:

Thanks, Beaner.

There are a lot of weird things going on here. White guys in gas masks smashing up the Autozone, the fact that the cop and Floyd once worked together, and several other things are real head scratchers.

Yep. I was talking with a buddy (who happens to be black) about this whole mess and this came up. He maintained that George's killing wasn't outright racially motivated, but was about...ahem..."pussy". He thought it was over a woman, or just general guy "dog" stuff. And looking at Chauvin's blank/casual/hateful face and general aspect in the video, I think there might be some sort of back story there.
Last edited by muppet hi fi on 31 May 2020, 4:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

BostonBeaneater

muppet hi fi wrote:
30 May 2020, 7:22pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Spiff wrote:

Thanks, Beaner.

Yep. I was talking with a buddy (who happens to be black) about this whole mess and this came up. I maintained that George's killing wasn't outright racially motivated, but was about...ahem..."pussy". He thought it was over a woman, or just general guy "dog" stuff. And looking at Chauvin's blank/casual/hateful face and general aspect in the video, I think there might be some sort of back story there.
And, and! Somehow this guy was married to a former MIss Minnesota?

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
30 May 2020, 7:28pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
30 May 2020, 7:22pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Spiff wrote:

Thanks, Beaner.

Yep. I was talking with a buddy (who happens to be black) about this whole mess and this came up. He maintained that George's killing wasn't outright racially motivated, but was about...ahem..."pussy". He thought it was over a woman, or just general guy "dog" stuff. And looking at Chauvin's blank/casual/hateful face and general aspect in the video, I think there might be some sort of back story there.
And, and! Somehow this guy was married to a former MIss Minnesota?
Wait, who - George or the cop?

BostonBeaneater

muppet hi fi wrote:
30 May 2020, 7:31pm

Wait, who - George or the cop?
The pig!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Good to see the President is all over it at one with the people.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Milwaukee has a 9 pm curfew tonight. National Guard has been called out to enforce. This is what not dealing with 200 plus years of systemic racism looks like in 2020.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble