Help, I hissed at Trumpers in the supermarket

Politics and other such topical creams.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Help, I hissed at Trumpers in the supermarket

Post by BostonBeaneater »

I saw the guy with a white hat with gold embossing, "Keep America Great" on the brow and "45" on the side. As I walked by I hissed, Fuck you, traitor". Then, over my other shoulder, "Terrorist". Then, again over the fist shoulder, "Cop killer". Finally, as I went to the register to buy my stuff he responded, "Thanks for your kind words!". I replied, "Fuck you, traitor!!".

Now I am conflicted. I am embarrassed that this all got the better of me. I don't want to be one of those uncivilized people hissing at people in the market. But here I am. One the other hand, fuck that guy and his kind. What they have done to this country is disgraceful and unforgiveable. I want them to know that they are not welcome in my world and I am repulsed by them. I'm surly.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: Help, I hissed at Trumpers in the supermarket

Post by Sparky »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 7:06pm
I saw the guy with a white hat with gold embossing, "Keep America Great" on the brow and "45" on the side. As I walked by I hissed, Fuck you, traitor". Then, over my other shoulder, "Terrorist". Then, again over the fist shoulder, "Cop killer". Finally, as I went to the register to buy my stuff he responded, "Thanks for your kind words!". I replied, "Fuck you, traitor!!".

Now I am conflicted. I am embarrassed that this all got the better of me. I don't want to be one of those uncivilized people hissing at people in the market. But here I am. One the other hand, fuck that guy and his kind. What they have done to this country is disgraceful and unforgiveable. I want them to know that they are not welcome in my world and I am repulsed by them. I'm surly.
As much as I've been tempted when I encounter these types, I zip it because I assume there's the potential they're armed. You just never know.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 7:09pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:

As much as I've been tempted when I encounter these types, I zip it because I assume there's the potential they're armed. You just never know.
As I mentioned in another thread a few days ago, that's always foregrounded in my mind when I'm in the US. Especially the kind of people I'm likely to snap at.

Still, BB, I hoped you thanked him for the Bloody Sock game.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:

No you treated this piece of shit how he should be treated.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Sparky wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

That's exactly why I keep quiet. But I certainly don't blame BBE for that. It's all true.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I saw 2 guys arguing in a parking lot yesterday. One dude looked like a traditional Trumper: mid-50's, shaved head, jean shorts, Trump t-shirt. The guy arguing with him looked like a suburban-rural version of Gandolf: early-60's, large beard, walking stick, jeans. "Gandolf" took offense at the other dude's shirt and they spent what seemed like an eternity going back and forth. It seemed like an eternity because Gandolf stopped right in front of us so we were stuck. I was glad he was giving the other guy the business, but also like I just want to get home.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 10:05am
Sparky wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

That's exactly why I keep quiet. But I certainly don't blame BBE for that. It's all true.
Same, same. I'm so afraid of retaliation now that I've stopped flipping people off when I'm driving.

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

There is good reason for caution, because you're often dealing with unbalanced people full of adoration for their Dear Leader. And you don't know if they're armed or not, with so many states passing those so-called "open carry" or "concealed carry" laws, as if we're still in Deadwood, SD, in the Old West.

I got a glimpse of this myself during a protest demonstration my wife and I attended last fall, in the run up to the election. What I vividly remember is a guy wearing one of those signature red hats, pacing back and forth, as he literally screamed all the cliched lines, such as, "Why do you Democrats all hate America? Why do you hate the police?"

He was the only one acting this way, out of some half dozen pro-Trumpers. The rest just stayed in their spot, holding their signs, and minding their own business.

The situation got truly hairy, though, when a woman standing nearby started yelling back, and he began circling her, as if preparing for some sort of combat situation. I could see the spit flying out of his mouth as he began cursing her out and screaming at her.

I was really worried that he was going to punch her, or do something to hurt her, and then we'd have seen some sort of pile-up or other.

Thankfully, it didn't come to that, as some folks separated the woman, and got her to walk away, but it was all pretty unsettling to watch, just the same. It's one thing to read about the phenomenon, but quite another to see it close up, like I did.

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

BostonBeaneater wrote:

As a general rule I never politically confront someone unless they're explicitly getting in my face about it. You just never know who you're potentially dealing with. Especially in todays current age with the capital storming it's increasingly clear people will go to obscene lengths to protect their beliefs. Even if it's some unintimidating fat fuck 300+ pound trump supporter, all it takes is them owning a firearm.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

RockNRollWhore wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 1:01am
BostonBeaneater wrote:

As a general rule I never politically confront someone unless they're explicitly getting in my face about it. You just never know who you're potentially dealing with. Especially in todays current age with the capital storming it's increasingly clear people will go to obscene lengths to protect their beliefs. Even if it's some unintimidating fat fuck 300+ pound trump supporter, all it takes is them owning a firearm.
Yeah, you already know they are unhinged.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

So, I'm going to be vague, but I got into an argument yesterday with someone who might be Q or influenced by that whole *waves hand* whatever. It was over the phone, thank goodness. But I have to admit, I'm ashamed at myself for the way I behaved. This person talks louds and usually doesn't let you get a word in but I was screaming at the top of my voice, hoping to break through the wall. Said person hung up on me because one thing I've noticed is these people don't like to be challenged. I was shut down at every logical point I made. It truly is a cult. I was a Mormon for 16 years and have always thought of it as a benign cult but this Q shit is way worse. I'm afraid for this person because they're so far down the rabbit hole and there's no hope. I've never talked with anyone who sounded so...unhinged and aggressive. I've met some unstable people in my life but wow. This was in a class by itself. I'm genuinely afraid of this person now. I'm afraid of anyone who latches onto this bullshit. It's dangerous. Aggressive. Like a ticking time bomb. So, from here on out, I won't discuss politics with anyone. I'll leave the situation before I engage. It's just not worth it. They don't want to have their beliefs questioned because we, the sane ones, are the enemy.

The ironic thing in all this is they want to overthrow the very government that allows them the freedom to spout this bullshit.