WW III poll

Politics and other such topical creams.

Will Israel and/or the US bomb Iran before 2009? Should it/they?

Yes it/they will
19%
No it/they won't
19%
Yes it/they should
16%
No it/they shouldn't
47%

Total votes: 32

dpwolf
Long Time Jerk

WW III poll

Post by dpwolf »

I'm very curious where folks stand
then don't go killing all the bees

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: WW III poll

Post by JennyB »

I don't think they will actually do it this time. I think the announcement this morning was something of a warning to Iran. Hopefully, that will take care of things.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

SteveSatch
Junco Partner

Post by SteveSatch »

They shouldn't bomb the cities or the people, but they should bomb the nuke facilities they are building. Iran is a terror sponsoring state that is currently supplying weapons that kill U.S. soldiers and they want Israel and the U.S. wiped off the planet. They must not get nukes at all costs. Iran has been trying to get the U.S. into a war since '79 and they certainly deserve an ass kicking but I don't think there will be an all out war with them unless they aren't stopped from getting nukes and they end up using them on Israel. I doubt the U.S. even has the guts to bomb the nuke facilities. Israel will most likely bomb the nuke facilities at some point if the U.S. doesn't step up. Israel doesn't really have the bombers to do it, they have fighter jets not bombers. I'm also not sure if their fighters have the range to attack them and make it back.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

SteveSatch wrote:They shouldn't bomb the cities or the people, but they should bomb the nuke facilities they are building. Iran is a terror sponsoring state that is currently supplying weapons that kill U.S. soldiers and they want Israel and the U.S. wiped off the planet. They must not get nukes at all costs. Iran has been trying to get the U.S. into a war since '79 and they certainly deserve an ass kicking but I don't think there will be an all out war with them unless they aren't stopped from getting nukes and they end up using them on Israel. I doubt the U.S. even has the guts to bomb the nuke facilities. Israel will most likely bomb the nuke facilities at some point if the U.S. doesn't step up. Israel doesn't really have the bombers to do it, they have fighter jets not bombers. I'm also not sure if their fighters have the range to attack them and make it back.
When I was in Washington, a briefing I attended indicated this was more or less the thinking on the Hill. Better to do whatever we have to over there (even if it means another Iraq) rather than face a state like Iran having nuclear weapons.

Regardless, fighting two hot wars (Afghanistan & Iraq) plus the nebulous "War on Terror" has limited our options on what we can do in Iran. The choice may be effectively out of our hands.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

SteveSatch
Junco Partner

Post by SteveSatch »

Fighting Iran instead of Iraq in the first place would have made a lot more sense. Sadam was a son of a bitch murderer who killed and oppressed his own people, but that really was the problem of the people of Iraq. Sort it out yourselves. He really wasn't a threat to the people here in the U.S. Iran is.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

I agree, Saddam was a side show. These assholes in charge of our country wanted a quick will and he seemed to be easy to kick over. He was easy to kick over but they had no ralistic plan for the aftermath.

Iran can be defeated with blue jeans and other culture bombs. Most Iranians are good people who live under a shity government (like us kind of). They may dream of a better government but we should not think for a second that they would stand and fight us if attacked.

I support Israel's right to exist but I would not fight a war for them. They need to make peace with their neighbors. Their neighbors need to grow up and stop using their children as bombs.

classof77
Dirty Punk

Post by classof77 »

Iran launches missiles, Israel launches missiles no more Middle East problem. Iran uses a third party to detonate a nuclear device in Israel Israel wipes Iran from the map. Unfortunately, all this saber rattling, chest thumping and rhetoric is enough of an excuse for Bush to bomb Iran before he leaves office (which, by the way, the Israeli press is convinced he'll do). And will the US be safer? Hardly. We'll just give Islamic extremists more reasons to strike at us anyway they can.

darter
Sightsee MC

Post by darter »

If Israel is going to strike, do they do it before Obama takes office? (So they won't piss him off needlessly.) If so, November or December could be eventful one moonless night. If McCain wins, they might wait another six months.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Why can America have nuclear weapons but not Iran ?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:Why can America have nuclear weapons but not Iran ?
Because America is a responsible steward of nuclear weapons. You can rest assured that they would only use them if it was really necessary. I'm pretty sure it's in the bible. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

revbob wrote:
Because America is a responsible steward of nuclear weapons. You can rest assured that they would only use them if it was really necessary. I'm pretty sure it's in the bible. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!
More importantly: they're Jews. Do we really want JEWS to have the bomb? :shifty:
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
If every nation had nukes, everyone would be too scared to use them, so free access to nuclear weapons would make us all safer. That's just common sense.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
If every nation had nukes, everyone would be too scared to use them, so free access to nuclear weapons would make us all safer. That's just common sense.
No it's MAD I tell you MAD!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
A madhouse, a MADHOUSE!?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
A madhouse, a MADHOUSE!?
Look, everyone should have nuclear weapons and receive training in their safe use. That's the only way to stop the lawlessness inherent in all people.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"