Marky Dread wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 1:30pm
Low Down Low wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 1:23pm
Marky Dread wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 1:00pm
Low Down Low wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 12:33pm

And saw it mentioned somewhere that both apparently took separate private jets to Scotland to meet her maj. Just in case anyone thought net zero would be any part of her plan, didn't merit a single mention in her speech either.
I expect her first job will be to change the wallpaper in No. 10. From a nice donation from one of the big energy companies.

Sceptical me?
No, you're bang on. Last shower had the wallpaper done, of course, but did it on the cheap so first priority must be to fix that and make sure no expense spared this time round.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 50209.html
£840.00 a roll!
For the guy who described the £250K he got for writing a few newspaper columns as "chicken feed" and who planned to build a £150K tree house for his son, £840 a roll is mere loose change I'd say.

Edit: and especially when he's not the one paying for it!
Oh for sure mate. I just wonder how many roll it took to do the whole job.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Re: Liz Truss

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 1:49pm
Low Down Low wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 1:39pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 1:00pm

I expect her first job will be to change the wallpaper in No. 10. From a nice donation from one of the big energy companies.

Sceptical me?
No, you're bang on. Last shower had the wallpaper done, of course, but did it on the cheap so first priority must be to fix that and make sure no expense spared this time round.

£840.00 a roll!
For the guy who described the £250K he got for writing a few newspaper columns as "chicken feed" and who planned to build a £150K tree house for his son, £840 a roll is mere loose change I'd say.

Not sure, i remember they did publish a list of all the stuff they'd bought but can't recall much apart from there was a £4,000 drinks trolley!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 1:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

£840.00 a roll!

Not sure, i remember they did publish a list of all the stuff they'd bought but can't recall much apart from there was a £4,000 drinks trolley!
Well they needed something for all those parties.😉

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 2:05pm
Low Down Low wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 1:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

£840.00 a roll!

Well they needed something for all those parties.😉
Ha, yeah, you can't say they didn't get some value out of the trolley at least!

x3em
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by x3em »

x3em wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 12:27am
So 6 months to a new general election then? a year? Surely she will not last the full 2 1/4 years until the regularly scheduled election in Jan 2025.

We should do a poll, my guess is between 6 months to a year until they give up and call it.
Bloody hell, 6 months may have been too optimistic. Things will keep spiraling downwards from here. These ridiculous morons simply do not have the competence or moral fortitude to turn problems of this magnitude around. They live in a partisan swamp and do not respond to reality, only red meat to the base. Her government will fall, and there will be another general election in the UK soon.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

x3em wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 12:43am
x3em wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 12:27am
So 6 months to a new general election then? a year? Surely she will not last the full 2 1/4 years until the regularly scheduled election in Jan 2025.

We should do a poll, my guess is between 6 months to a year until they give up and call it.
Bloody hell, 6 months may have been too optimistic. Things will keep spiraling downwards from here. These ridiculous morons simply do not have the competence or moral fortitude to turn problems of this magnitude around. They live in a partisan swamp and do not respond to reality, only red meat to the base. Her government will fall, and there will be another general election in the UK soon.
It's all Alice in Wonderland stuff now.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Another girl, another planet! Sounds like she's being interviewed from the international space station.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Low Down Low wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 8:58am
Heard her on somewhere the other day blaming green policies for Britain's lack of growth and hinting that it would soon be boom time for oil and fracking companies. Can see the riot squads been called in to crack heads when people inevitably take to the streets, she'll be like a poundshop Thatcher but wirh a bit of trump thrown in for good measure.
Jacob Ree-Mogg said opposition to fracking was "sheer ludditery," which is pretty rich coming from someone seemingly stuck in the 1800s. Actually, using the word "rich" in his context is rather apt, as his holdings are sidled away in offshore, tax-free places. There's a good example from the new Business Secretary.
He has said, in parliament, that fracking is:
"“It is safe, it is shown to be safe, the scare stories have been disproved time and time again.” However, the British Geological Survey, commissioned by the government, says forecasting the occurrence of large earthquakes from fracking and their expected magnitude "is complex and remains a scientific challenge."
“The hysteria about seismic activity fails to understand that the Richter scale is a logarithmic scale. It seems to think that it is a straight arithmetic scale, which of course it is not.” He is right here, but consider this: The earthquake of 2.9 local magnitude (ML) which struck Cuadrilla’s Preston New Road site in Lancashire in 2019 and led to the moratorium on fracking was 251 times bigger than the current maximum fracking safety limit of 0.5ML. Rees-Mogg, confronted with evidence and opposition is wanting to raise the maximum safety limit so it is exceeded less often.
“Bringing on this supply will bring us cheaper energy, which we need.” Wrong, the gas will be sold at international market prices, unless there is a change in the law, and which company would then invest in selling at lower prices?
“This is of such importance, and it is sheer ludditery that opposes it.” Some could argue Rees-Mogg is the luddite for backing more fossil fuel extraction, which dates back at scale to the 1800s. In a letter to the prime minister last week more than 100 businesses urged the government to prioritise energy efficiency, decarbonisation and renewables to accelerate the shift from fossil fuels.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

dave202 wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 7:40am
Low Down Low wrote:
Heard her on somewhere the other day blaming green policies for Britain's lack of growth and hinting that it would soon be boom time for oil and fracking companies. Can see the riot squads been called in to crack heads when people inevitably take to the streets, she'll be like a poundshop Thatcher but wirh a bit of trump thrown in for good measure.
Jacob Ree-Mogg said opposition to fracking was "sheer ludditery," which is pretty rich coming from someone seemingly stuck in the 1800s. Actually, using the word "rich" in his context is rather apt, as his holdings are sidled away in offshore, tax-free places. There's a good example from the new Business Secretary.
"“It is safe, it is shown to be safe, the scare stories have been disproved time and time again.” However, the British Geological Survey, commissioned by the government, says forecasting the occurrence of large earthquakes from fracking and their expected magnitude "is complex and remains a scientific challenge."
“The hysteria about seismic activity fails to understand that the Richter scale is a logarithmic scale. It seems to think that it is a straight arithmetic scale, which of course it is not.” He is right here, but consider this: The earthquake of 2.9 local magnitude (ML) which struck Cuadrilla’s Preston New Road site in Lancashire in 2019 and led to the moratorium on fracking was 251 times bigger than the current maximum fracking safety limit of 0.5ML. Rees-Mogg, confronted with evidence and opposition is wanting to raise the maximum safety limit so it is exceeded less often.
“Bringing on this supply will bring us cheaper energy, which we need.” Wrong, the gas will be sold at international market prices, unless there is a change in the law, and which company would then invest in selling at lower prices?
“This is of such importance, and it is sheer ludditery that opposes it.” Some could argue Rees-Mogg is the luddite for backing more fossil fuel extraction, which dates back at scale to the 1800s. In a letter to the prime minister last week more than 100 businesses urged the government to prioritise energy efficiency, decarbonisation and renewables to accelerate the shift from fossil fuels.
Remember when this guy was loudly proclaiming all the joys and benefits of brexit all while at the same time moving large portions of his various investment funds to Ireland? I wonder how much that move has netted him so far!

I do think they'll face a fight if they try to go through with this, or at least i hope so anyway. Would be nice to see someone pull this on Mogg:

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Low Down Low wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 8:15am
dave202 wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 7:40am
Low Down Low wrote:
Remember when this guy was loudly proclaiming all the joys and benefits of brexit all while at the same time moving large portions of his various investment funds to Ireland? I wonder how much that move has netted him so far!

I do think they'll face a fight if they try to go through with this, or at least i hope so anyway. Would be nice to see someone pull this on Mogg:

There are plenty of things I'd like to see Rees-Mogg drink, and that water is just one. He didn't mention anything about water contamination in parliament, even rebuking it as he had other concerns, so I didn't include that, but it is a strong point.
Private Eye magazine monitored the likes of Rees-Mogg and their offshore dealings as well as (then) imminent EC regulation on such fiscal dealings. As such his pro-Brexit stance is understandable, but not for the reasons he gave in public announcements.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Stop me if you think you've heard this one before.

Lizz Truss "The ladies not for turning".

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 2:11pm

Give her some credit, she is making the bankers work hard for their uncapped bonuses ;)

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 3:31pm
[qu2ote="Marky Dread" post_id=658673 time=1664475089 user_id=123]

Give her some credit, she is making the bankers work hard for their uncapped bonuses ;)
[/quote]

Bailing out the government isn't exactly hard work though is it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Deep State got her!
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -far-right

It's always those sinister forces operating in the shadows, eh?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 7:24am
The Deep State got her!
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -far-right

It's always those sinister forces operating in the shadows, eh?
It seems they didn't get her enough then.