12 May 2023, 11:04am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 May 2023, 10:51am
Marky Dread wrote:
12 May 2023, 10:49am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 May 2023, 9:49am
*deleted comment; I was speaking out of turn; apologies to anyone who read it*
I read it. I'm stunned to know you are secretly an admirer of "Love Gun".
Where's my fucking cyanide capsule?!
I believe they were only given away free in the first 20,000 copies. All copies released after that contained the nude Gene poster.
Heston wrote:*swoon*
I've been triggered by a Love Gun.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Julian Assange

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
12 May 2023, 11:18am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 May 2023, 11:09am
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I believe they were only given away free in the first 20,000 copies. All copies released after that contained the nude Gene poster.
Heston wrote:*swoon*
I've been triggered by a Love Gun.
It's important to go public with these experiences. Sure, maybe the police won't listen, but others need to know they aren't alone.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:
12 May 2023, 10:25am
Howard Beale wrote:
12 May 2023, 12:01am
JennyB wrote:
11 May 2023, 1:17pm
The Assange apologists should maybe read this. You can go on and on all you want about your disdain for rape culture, but you are helping to perpetuate it. You're rape apologists. Own it and maybe you can start to do better.

https://jezebel.com/far-right-misogyny- ... 1850425597

Also, Howard, if you aren't Jewish, don't you DARE fucking try to tell me what and what isn't antisemitic.

To everyone else, sorry about this. As someone who just saw her state legislature destroy the lives of trans kids yesterday, erode our voting rights and even further push abortion rights down the drain, I have had it up to HERE with Very Online Leftists who don't do shit.
OK, so...
•Encouraging people to do their own research and advocating for sexual assault allegations to be properly adjudicated in court is being a rape apologist.
•It's totally okay to label someone an anti-Semite without offering any evidence.

Got it. Flawless logic there. And posting a random article about the Proud Boys has what to do with anything, exactly? You haven't addressed my argument at all—and you're obviously not going to.
And you obviously didn't read the article, because it's not only about the Proud Boys but the misogyny from the left that enables them.

I don't work for you. You can do your own research. There is plenty of evidence that suggests that Assange is an antisemite. There's also no hyphen in antisemite, Howard.

Besides your rants online, what exactly are you doing to alleviate the world's ills, Howard?
There should be a hyphen in Assange though. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 May 2023, 1:45pm
JennyB wrote:
Howard Beale wrote:
12 May 2023, 12:01am
JennyB wrote:
11 May 2023, 1:17pm
The Assange apologists should maybe read this. You can go on and on all you want about your disdain for rape culture, but you are helping to perpetuate it. You're rape apologists. Own it and maybe you can start to do better.

https://jezebel.com/far-right-misogyny- ... 1850425597

Also, Howard, if you aren't Jewish, don't you DARE fucking try to tell me what and what isn't antisemitic.

To everyone else, sorry about this. As someone who just saw her state legislature destroy the lives of trans kids yesterday, erode our voting rights and even further push abortion rights down the drain, I have had it up to HERE with Very Online Leftists who don't do shit.
OK, so...
•Encouraging people to do their own research and advocating for sexual assault allegations to be properly adjudicated in court is being a rape apologist.
•It's totally okay to label someone an anti-Semite without offering any evidence.

Got it. Flawless logic there. And posting a random article about the Proud Boys has what to do with anything, exactly? You haven't addressed my argument at all—and you're obviously not going to.
And you obviously didn't read the article, because it's not only about the Proud Boys but the misogyny from the left that enables them.

I don't work for you. You can do your own research. There is plenty of evidence that suggests that Assange is an antisemite. There's also no hyphen in antisemite, Howard.

Besides your rants online, what exactly are you doing to alleviate the world's ills, Howard?
There should be a hyphen in Assange though. ;)
Oh SNAP
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 May 2023, 9:49am
*deleted comment; I was speaking out of turn; apologies to anyone who read it*
I think Heston got them all

Howard Beale
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by Howard Beale »

JennyB wrote:
When did I ever claim that I'm alleviating the world's ills? I certainly do my best not to add to them.
JennyB wrote:
There is plenty of evidence that suggests that Assange is an antisemite.
Then show it to me. You made the claim, therefore the onus is on you to present the evidence.
JennyB wrote:
There's also no hyphen in antisemite, Howard.
Fair point. Duly noted; apologies.
JennyB wrote:
That'd be an interesting discussion to have in another thread, but what does the left enabling misogyny have to do with me defending freedom of the press (something that, unsurprisingly, absolutely no one here seems to give a shit about)? Again, the case in Sweden is a side-issue that I made clear I had no interest in debating and that I respect that people can have differing opinions about.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Howard Beale wrote:
13 May 2023, 1:39am
JennyB wrote:
When did I ever claim that I'm alleviating the world's ills? I certainly do my best not to add to them.
JennyB wrote:
Then show it to me. You made the claim, therefore the onus is on you to present the evidence.
JennyB wrote:
JennyB wrote:
That'd be an interesting discussion to have in another thread, but what does the left enabling misogyny have to do with me defending freedom of the press (something that, unsurprisingly, absolutely no one here seems to give a shit about)? Again, the case in Sweden is a side-issue that I made clear I had no interest in debating and that I respect that people can have differing opinions about.
No one? You like to assume too much.

And the rape case is merely a "side-issue". The name of the thread is called "Julian Assange". I understand that the allegations were made about him. So surely that makes it very much part of the issue. But hey just brush that aside.

Should Julian be in prison? No I don't believe so for the documents and leaks etc.

Should Julian face trial over the rape allegations? Yes I believe so.

Would Julian get a fair trial? Very difficult to say as he may well have prejudiced himself through his other activities. But we would have to hope those in the courts remain impartial.

These are my views here I don't expect, want or care if anyone else agrees. Because it is down to the individual to choose.
Last edited by Marky Dread on 13 May 2023, 3:37am, edited 1 time in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Howard Beale
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by Howard Beale »

Marky Dread wrote:
13 May 2023, 3:17am
Howard Beale wrote:
JennyB wrote:
JennyB wrote:
JennyB wrote:
JennyB wrote:

And the rape case is merely a "side-issue". The name of the thread is called "Julian Assange". I understand that the allegations were made about him. So surely that makes it very much part of the issue. But hey just brush that aside.
My original post centered on what the current prosecution of Assange (by the US government) potentially means for the future of press freedom:
Whatever your personal feelings about Julian Assange, that's completely beside the point right now; what's at stake here is much bigger than just Assange. If the precedent is set that the United States is allowed to extradite a foreign journalist to a kangaroo court in Virginia for publishing damaging information about the activities of its government, the long-term deleterious effect it will have on all future journalism—on a global scale, mind you—is pretty fucking hard to overstate. Don't normalize what's happening here.
Absolutely no one engaged with that argument or addressed it in any way—and the molestation case (the formal rape charge was dropped early on, by the original prosecutor) is a side issue in relation to that argument. I'm still yet to see anyone address my point about the precedent that's being set here.

EDIT: Also, it's not "brushing aside" the case in Sweden—if you actually want to see a trial happen there and for that case to be adjudicated, that would necessitate Assange's release from his current predicament.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Howard Beale wrote:
13 May 2023, 3:32am
Marky Dread wrote:
Howard Beale wrote:
JennyB wrote:
JennyB wrote:
JennyB wrote:
JennyB wrote:

My original post centered on what the current prosecution of Assange (by the US government) potentially means for the future of press freedom:
Whatever your personal feelings about Julian Assange, that's completely beside the point right now; what's at stake here is much bigger than just Assange. If the precedent is set that the United States is allowed to extradite a foreign journalist to a kangaroo court in Virginia for publishing damaging information about the activities of its government, the long-term deleterious effect it will have on all future journalism—on a global scale, mind you—is pretty fucking hard to overstate. Don't normalize what's happening here.
Absolutely no one engaged with that argument or addressed it in any way—and the molestation case (the formal rape charge was dropped early on, by the original prosecutor) is a side issue in relation to that argument. I'm still yet to see anyone address my point about the precedent that's being set here.

EDIT: Also, it's not "brushing aside" the case in Sweden—if you actually want to see a trial happen there and for that case to be adjudicated, that would necessitate Assange's release from his current predicament.
I don't think I had finished my post before you zoomed in. I had put that Julian shouldn't be in prison here. So then he would indeed be free to face the allegations.

I'm not normalizing anything here. Again you are assuming because I haven't engaged with the above then I have no thoughts or understanding regarding the freedom of the press act. I don't agree that Julian should be extradited.
But if he was then the damage done to the long term future of journalism would've been created by Julian/Wikileaks for pushing things too far.

Like I said further up if you uncover a hornets nest then you shouldn't be surprised when you get stung. And those in your wake are affected by your actions.
Did Julian sincerely expect that he/Wikileaks would be able to release this information without some form of repercussions? No of course not he's an intelligent man. Did he expect it all to drag on for as long as it has? I doubt it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Marky Dread wrote:
13 May 2023, 3:53am
Howard Beale wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Howard Beale wrote:
JennyB wrote:
JennyB wrote:
JennyB wrote:
JennyB wrote:

I don't think I had finished my post before you zoomed in. I had put that Julian shouldn't be in prison here. So then he would indeed be free to face the allegations.

I'm not normalizing anything here. Again you are assuming because I haven't engaged with the above then I have no thoughts or understanding regarding the freedom of the press act. I don't agree that Julian should be extradited.
But if he was then the damage done to the long term future of journalism would've been created by Julian/Wikileaks for pushing things too far.

Like I said further up if you uncover a hornets nest then you shouldn't be surprised when you get stung. And those in your wake are affected by your actions.
Did Julian sincerely expect that he/Wikileaks would be able to release this information without some form of repercussions? No of course not he's an intelligent man. Did he expect it all to drag on for as long as it has? I doubt it.
«… But if he was then the damage done to the long term future of journalism would've been created by Julian/Wikileaks for pushing things too far.

Like I said further up if you uncover a hornets nest then you shouldn't be surprised when you get stung. And those in your wake are affected by your actions.»

Usually, the mafia system works in this way. It’s called “omertà”, better stay in silence and don’t have problems…

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Stefano1972 wrote:
13 May 2023, 5:00am
Marky Dread wrote:
13 May 2023, 3:53am
Howard Beale wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Howard Beale wrote:

«… But if he was then the damage done to the long term future of journalism would've been created by Julian/Wikileaks for pushing things too far.

Like I said further up if you uncover a hornets nest then you shouldn't be surprised when you get stung. And those in your wake are affected by your actions.»

Usually, the mafia system works in this way. It’s called “omertà”, better stay in silence and don’t have problems…
Again now there you go assuming that I advocate keeping quiet about atrocities of torture etc. That simply isn't true. What I am saying is when you choose to use your right of the freedom of the press then you still need to tread very carefully. Because of the far reaching implications your actions may cause.

These atrocities happen during war. War itself is an atrocity against mankind. Should we be surprised that terrorists are tortured? Not really, are we stunned when we learn of such things? No of course not. Do we care? Yes we do and believe those accountable should be brought to justice. But the same organisations are extremely powerful I would say far more dangerous than the mafia you quoted. It's a known fact Julian/Wikileaks are not guilty of a theft. The crime being levelled against him/them is in my opinion unjust. But still by doing what they have done may well stifle good positive journalism in the future.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Sometimes i’m really proud about my country.
https://www.ansa.it/amp/english/news/20 ... 644ca.html

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Stefano1972 wrote:
29 Dec 2023, 5:08am
Your country? I was under the impression Naples was a city. Does the whole of Italy agree? If so then maybe you can be proud of your country.

I could never be proud of a country and I'm certain I'll never be proud of mine.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Dec 2023, 10:27am
Stefano1972 wrote:
Your country? I was under the impression Naples was a city. Does the whole of Italy agree? If so then maybe you can be proud of your country.

I could never be proud of a country and I'm certain I'll never be proud of mine.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Dec 2023, 10:27am
Stefano1972 wrote:

Let me explain better, I am proud of certain decisions taken by the city administrations of my country.
Naples, Bari and I believe also Rome have already given honorary citizenship to Assange.
Of course, the national governments that have followed one another in the last 30 years are a real vomit!
Totally flattened like soles on ultra-liberal positions worthy of Thatcher and Pinochet, in the economic field. And, authentic NATO doormats in the field of international politics.

- Carl Gustav Jung