Re: Julian Assange

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 May 2023, 5:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2023, 5:32pm
Marky Dread wrote:
11 May 2023, 5:14pm
There's a hornets nest at the bottom of my garden. Left alone those hornets don't really bother anyone. Though maybe those hornets are having it too good and I'm not really sure if I trust them. Maybe I'll just go poke their nest with a big stick they might sting a neighbour or a neighbour's child. I'll just watch from a distance feeling pleased with myself knowing I've uncovered something and let everyone in my wake get stung. Because basically it's all about me. And I'm alright Jack. ;)
Coincidentally, I discovered a wasp in the house about an hour ago. I fucked up getting him in a glass to take outside, so he got loose and I have no idea where he is now. I keep looking at the same pane of glass where he originally was, but nope.
Bees, Wasps etc I usually put a little sugar water on my hand and allow them to climb on. They enjoy the sweet taste then I let them fly away to freedom.
My fear is always that one of the cats will zoom in 'em and get stung. :meh:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2023, 5:52pm
Marky Dread wrote:
11 May 2023, 5:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2023, 5:32pm
Marky Dread wrote:
There's a hornets nest at the bottom of my garden. Left alone those hornets don't really bother anyone. Though maybe those hornets are having it too good and I'm not really sure if I trust them. Maybe I'll just go poke their nest with a big stick they might sting a neighbour or a neighbour's child. I'll just watch from a distance feeling pleased with myself knowing I've uncovered something and let everyone in my wake get stung. Because basically it's all about me. And I'm alright Jack. ;)
Coincidentally, I discovered a wasp in the house about an hour ago. I fucked up getting him in a glass to take outside, so he got loose and I have no idea where he is now. I keep looking at the same pane of glass where he originally was, but nope.
Bees, Wasps etc I usually put a little sugar water on my hand and allow them to climb on. They enjoy the sweet taste then I let them fly away to freedom.
My fear is always that one of the cats will zoom in 'em and get stung. :meh:
Oh yes I forgot about your furry friends. I have a little Jack Russel who loves to chase the insects. So I make sure she's in another room for a few minutes while I try to rescue them.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
I forget how the topic came up but my son was making fun of me based on stories from me and my brother's youth where we would throw rocks at hornets/wasps nests. The cousins usually got involved too and I at the time always being the smallest and slowest got stung a lot. It was a dumb thing to do for sure but one of those childhood memories from growing up where we often risked life and limb without ever considering the possible negative outcomes. Good times.

Howard Beale
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by Howard Beale »

JennyB wrote:
11 May 2023, 1:17pm
The Assange apologists should maybe read this. You can go on and on all you want about your disdain for rape culture, but you are helping to perpetuate it. You're rape apologists. Own it and maybe you can start to do better.

https://jezebel.com/far-right-misogyny- ... 1850425597

Also, Howard, if you aren't Jewish, don't you DARE fucking try to tell me what and what isn't antisemitic.

To everyone else, sorry about this. As someone who just saw her state legislature destroy the lives of trans kids yesterday, erode our voting rights and even further push abortion rights down the drain, I have had it up to HERE with Very Online Leftists who don't do shit.
OK, so...
•Encouraging people to do their own research and advocating for sexual assault allegations to be properly adjudicated in court is being a rape apologist.
•It's totally okay to label someone an anti-Semite without offering any evidence.

Got it. Flawless logic there. And posting a random article about the Proud Boys has what to do with anything, exactly? You haven't addressed my argument at all—and you're obviously not going to.

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
ah...how strong do these words from Malcolm X resonate today?

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Stefano1972 wrote:
12 May 2023, 3:49am
"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
ah...how strong do these words from Malcolm X resonate today?
Yeah but those are not your words they are from Malcolm X. We could all post wise words etc from those greats through history.

The problem with guys like Julian Assange is they assume the rest of us are a load of sheep who simply know nothing and are unable to think for ourselves. They also think that they are great crusaders and are doing humanity some massive favour in the belief they will change everything for the better. But they don't look behind them far enough to see that very little change ever takes place.

Because those sheep still have to do all the little insignificant jobs that don't get recognition and yet keep the world running. Never underestimate the small man.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

*deleted comment; I was speaking out of turn; apologies to anyone who read it*
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Howard Beale wrote:
12 May 2023, 12:01am
JennyB wrote:
11 May 2023, 1:17pm
The Assange apologists should maybe read this. You can go on and on all you want about your disdain for rape culture, but you are helping to perpetuate it. You're rape apologists. Own it and maybe you can start to do better.

https://jezebel.com/far-right-misogyny- ... 1850425597

Also, Howard, if you aren't Jewish, don't you DARE fucking try to tell me what and what isn't antisemitic.

To everyone else, sorry about this. As someone who just saw her state legislature destroy the lives of trans kids yesterday, erode our voting rights and even further push abortion rights down the drain, I have had it up to HERE with Very Online Leftists who don't do shit.
OK, so...
•Encouraging people to do their own research and advocating for sexual assault allegations to be properly adjudicated in court is being a rape apologist.
•It's totally okay to label someone an anti-Semite without offering any evidence.

Got it. Flawless logic there. And posting a random article about the Proud Boys has what to do with anything, exactly? You haven't addressed my argument at all—and you're obviously not going to.
And you obviously didn't read the article, because it's not only about the Proud Boys but the misogyny from the left that enables them.

I don't work for you. You can do your own research. There is plenty of evidence that suggests that Assange is an antisemite. There's also no hyphen in antisemite, Howard.

Besides your rants online, what exactly are you doing to alleviate the world's ills, Howard?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 May 2023, 9:49am
I read it. I'm stunned to know you are secretly an admirer of "Love Gun".

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Question to Jen: Was this the first time a man—particularly one of superior morality and intellect—dismissed your assertions out of hand? :rolleyes:

His response was so fucking predictable, like he went out of his way to validate Snyder's article.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 May 2023, 10:49am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Where's my fucking cyanide capsule?!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 May 2023, 10:50am
Question to Jen: Was this the first time a man—particularly one of superior morality and intellect—dismissed your assertions out of hand? :rolleyes:

His response was so fucking predictable, like he went out of his way to validate Snyder's article.
Sure. The very first time!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 May 2023, 10:51am
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I believe they were only given away free in the first 20,000 copies. All copies released after that contained the nude Gene poster.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 May 2023, 11:04am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I believe they were only given away free in the first 20,000 copies. All copies released after that contained the nude Gene poster.
Heston wrote:*swoon*

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 May 2023, 11:09am
Marky Dread wrote:
12 May 2023, 11:04am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:*swoon*
I believe his signed copy of that poster is his most treasured possession.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia