Re: Bye bye Cruella!

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 5:33pm
Low Down Low wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 5:11pm
Silent Majority wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 3:09pm
Boy, she is set on becoming Prime Minister. You can see why Rich-y Sunak wanted to keep her inside the tent pissing out for as long as possible. Her ambition is genuinely spooky. Thatcher would never have done this shit to Heath. Once the coming Starmer premiership is revealed to be dunderheaded hopeless crackdowns, and the papers turn inevitably and quickly on him, I think she has a good chance of achieving her ambitions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67416146
Yeah, Thatcher only actually got in by stealth, didn't she? Crept in through the back door because they underestimated her and several who voted for in the leadership contest never actually considered she might win. Whereas this mad bitch has categorically ensured nobody will ever take her for granted and is quite determined to kick down the front door and mash to a pulp anyone unfortunate enough to be standing the other side of it. It's scary because there doesn't really seem to be any set rules anymore.
Labour failed to get the basics of economic competence right. They were quite shambolic if my memory serves. With the Conservatives putting up giant billboard posters stating "Labour Isn't Working".
Yeah that's right. Sunny Jim fucked up by not calling the election earlier and then got hit by the "winter of discontent." But i was referring to the tory leadership contest in '75. Heath was damaged but they still thought he'd win so a number of mps voted for Thatcher on that understanding and just to give old Ed a rocket up the ass. Turned out it was a bit more turbo charged than they reckoned and pretty much blew up in their faces and, well, the rest sadly etc etc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 5:40pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Boy, she is set on becoming Prime Minister. You can see why Rich-y Sunak wanted to keep her inside the tent pissing out for as long as possible. Her ambition is genuinely spooky. Thatcher would never have done this shit to Heath. Once the coming Starmer premiership is revealed to be dunderheaded hopeless crackdowns, and the papers turn inevitably and quickly on him, I think she has a good chance of achieving her ambitions.

Yeah, Thatcher only actually got in by stealth, didn't she? Crept in through the back door because they underestimated her and several who voted for in the leadership contest never actually considered she might win. Whereas this mad bitch has categorically ensured nobody will ever take her for granted and is quite determined to kick down the front door and mash to a pulp anyone unfortunate enough to be standing the other side of it. It's scary because there doesn't really seem to be any set rules anymore.
Labour failed to get the basics of economic competence right. They were quite shambolic if my memory serves. With the Conservatives putting up giant billboard posters stating "Labour Isn't Working".
Yeah that's right. Sunny Jim fucked up by not calling the election earlier and then got hit by the "winter of discontent." But i was referring to the tory leadership contest in '75. Heath was damaged but they still thought he'd win so a number of mps voted for Thatcher on that understanding and just to give old Ed a rocket up the ass. Turned out it was a bit more turbo charged than they reckoned and pretty much blew up in their faces and, well, the rest sadly etc etc
Gotcha yep they totally underestimated that one. Let the nightmare begin. :rolleyes:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 5:45pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

Gotcha yep they totally underestimated that one. Let the nightmare begin. :rolleyes:
Yeah, grim isn't it? Odd thing about British politics, and a stick the tories use to bash the opposition at every opportunity, is that they've had 3 female leaders in their history while labour, the so-called progressive party, have, of course, had diddley squat. But i think the contest to have a female leader who isnt either grossly incompetent or unrestrainedly evil remains very much alive and not sure i can see a resolution anytime soon tbh.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 6:25pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Yeah, grim isn't it? Odd thing about British politics, and a stick the tories use to bash the opposition at every opportunity, is that they've had 3 female leaders in their history while labour, the so-called progressive party, have, of course, had diddley squat. But i think the contest to have a female leader who isnt either grossly incompetent or unrestrainedly evil remains very much alive and not sure i can see a resolution anytime soon tbh.
I'm a big fan of Angela Rayner she seems of the people and is compassionate. I hope she eventually succeeds Keir. I think she would make a brilliant PM.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 6:57pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I'm a big fan of Angela Rayner she seems of the people and is compassionate. I hope she eventually succeeds Keir. I think she would make a brilliant PM.
100%. I don't like very many of them tbh, but I'd have time for her. Can't imagine there can be much love lost between her and the leadership and especially weird, I'd say, given they already shafted her partner/hubby!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 7:02pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

100%. I don't like very many of them tbh, but I'd have time for her. Can't imagine there can be much love lost between her and the leadership and especially weird, I'd say, given they already shafted her partner/hubby!
Yeah though he is her ex hubby as such they separated in 2020.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 7:21pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Sorry, not hubby, just boyfriend and funnily enough, they apparently did split up all of 5 days ago according to the tabs anyway.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... p-31409004

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 7:40pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Sorry, not hubby, just boyfriend and funnily enough, they apparently did split up all of 5 days ago according to the tabs anyway.

Gotcha mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 8:04pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Gotcha mate.
They got 3 years anyway which, if you ask me, seems an eternity for a political marriage/relationship. The only thing i can think of worse are inter-band relationships.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 8:33pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Gotcha mate.
They got 3 years anyway which, if you ask me, seems an eternity for a political marriage/relationship. The only thing i can think of worse are inter-band relationships.
The Clash of governments.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
15 Nov 2023, 4:34am
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Gotcha mate.
Which raises the question: Which prime minister is which Clash album? (No, no, they can't *all* be Cut the Crap, just one!)
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Nov 2023, 6:44am
Marky Dread wrote:
15 Nov 2023, 4:34am
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Gotcha mate.
Which raises the question: Which prime minister is which Clash album? (No, no, they can't *all* be Cut the Crap, just one!)
No of course they can't all be CtC but most of them are songs from it.

Sunak being Fingerpoppin'

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia