Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: This Week in Religion

Post by Sparky »

MTG giving the Catholics an opportunity to rival the Jewish space lasers.

“What it is is ... Satan’s controlling the church. The church is not doing its job. It’s not adhering to the teachings of Christ. It’s not adhering to what the word of God says we’re supposed to do and how we’re supposed to live,”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/marjo ... li=BBnbfcL
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 12:11pm

“What it is is ... Satan’s controlling the church. The church is not doing its job. It’s not adhering to the teachings of Christ. It’s not adhering to what the word of God says we’re supposed to do and how we’re supposed to live,”

Meh, Satan's been controlling the Catholic Church since at least the Reformation. Tell us something we don't know.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 12:53pm
Sparky wrote:

Meh, Satan's been controlling the Catholic Church since at least the Reformation. Tell us something we don't know.
Well sure, the Catholics have had a jump on things since medieval times, but those Jewish space lasers have been getting the most recent press, so MGT is just trying to keep things even between the two by reminding everybody of the connection with Satan. :mrgreen:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Sparky wrote:

My space laser is in the shop and they are running behind. I may have to get ZOG involved.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 10:28am
Sparky wrote:

My space laser is in the shop and they are running behind. I may have to get ZOG involved.
This lapsed Catholic stands by ready to help as needed.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

JennyB wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 10:28am
Sparky wrote:

Yeah, worldwide parts shortages and all, I get it. :lol:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Gimme a sign, Jesus, any sign!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 May 2022, 6:32pm
Gimme a sign, Jesus, any sign!
This really hits home.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I've finally gotten back to research on heavy metal and Satanism for a lecture and am reading a fair bit on the Satanism panic of the 80s where sinister devil worshippers were abusing kids (i.e., the gay grooming myth by a different name), and came across one story from Olympia, WA, in the 90s. Two adult sisters accused their father of abusing them as part of a Satanic ritual. He confessed because he's an evangelical and couldn't imagine why his daughters would lie about it, so he concluded that he'd been brainwashed or hypnotized by Satan into doing these things and then had his memory erased. (Spoilers: He was innocent but the court rejected his recantation and he did eight years.)

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 May 2022, 1:57pm
I've finally gotten back to research on heavy metal and Satanism for a lecture and am reading a fair bit on the Satanism panic of the 80s where sinister devil worshippers were abusing kids (i.e., the gay grooming myth by a different name), and came across one story from Olympia, WA, in the 90s. Two adult sisters accused their father of abusing them as part of a Satanic ritual. He confessed because he's an evangelical and couldn't imagine why his daughters would lie about it, so he concluded that he'd been brainwashed or hypnotized by Satan into doing these things and then had his memory erased. (Spoilers: He was innocent but the court rejected his recantation and he did eight years.)
It was gods will.

I think I have some recordings of a crazy dude talking about satanic music from back in the 80s that I could upload if you're interested

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 May 2022, 3:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It was gods will.

I think I have some recordings of a crazy dude talking about satanic music from back in the 80s that I could upload if you're interested
Please do! I have a few things kicking around, but it never hurts to have more.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 May 2022, 4:09pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It was gods will.

Ive probably mentioned it before, there's a part where he talks a out Blondie and after he says his bit about her he says "Call Me? No thanks!" Its unintentionally hilarious.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 May 2022, 4:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 May 2022, 4:09pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It was gods will.

Ive probably mentioned it before, there's a part where he talks a out Blondie and after he says his bit about her he says "Call Me? No thanks!" Its unintentionally hilarious.
No group of people did more to try to make rock music cool.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
The Satanists came out in full force at the abortion rally over the weekend (they have been very vocal in their support for repro rights) and all I could think of was how hot they must have been in their all black.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy