Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 7:47pm
revbob wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 7:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 7:31pm
revbob wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 7:12pm

Wait there's electioneering afoot north of my border?
Why, we's having an election for pryminister!

Liberals called an unnecessary election, figuring they could turn their minority into a majority and seriously misread the public mood. They might yet win, but it won't be a majority. The Conservatives, who were polling in the outhouse this summer, are ahead of the Liberals, but it's unlikely they'll be able to get a majority either. Ideally, the Liberals win but be sufficiently weakened to force them to constructively work with the NDP (social democrats). Either way, the knives will be out for our amiable frat boy PM.
NDP is still kicking huh? Does the N still stand for New 30 years later?
In fact, this year is the 60th anniversary of its founding. They poll 15–20% nationally fairly consistently and the public always loves the leader … but won't vote for them.
Oh shit, didn't know they'd been around that long.
They merged a bunch of lefty parties in 1961. Funny, tho, that in so doing they lost my dad. He grew up farming poor and came back from World War II supporting the very left Cooperative Commonwealth Federation, which was a major party in Saskatchewan. Even tho he became a businessman in the 50s, he supported the CCF, which united worker and farmer interests. When the CCF gave way to the NDP, which basically cut out the farmers and embraced the smarty pants, he left and became what used to be called Red Tory (conservative but with a sense of social responsibility). Even tho he and I disagreed on most things politically, I realize now that basically agree with the rationale for him refusing to support the NDP—it abandoned too much of the common person base and appealed to asshole intellectuals and union leaders. I'd feel more comfortable about supporting the NDP if, in essence, it cut out the influence of my demographic, the upper middle-class, highly educated crowd, in favour of genuine working-class interests. My crowd are doing fine and shouldn't be representing the working-class in legislative bodies.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Canadian politics gets innerestin'

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Okay, who can say that this doesn't make Canadian politics innerestin'?
https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkb95z/ ... -ejaculate
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 6:57am
Most men never breathe into their balls consciously.”
Ha, speak for yourself.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 8:29am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ha, speak for yourself.
Yes, yes, you're elite with your lungsticles. :rolleyes:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 8:46am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ha, speak for yourself.
How can you promote such nonsense and then cry foul when people bring it up?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 8:48am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ha, speak for yourself.
It's like the old joke where the set-up can be anything involving a guy lamenting his shitty reputation, listing all the great things he's done, and ending with, "But you fuck one sheep …!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 9:16am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ha, speak for yourself.
It's like the old joke where the set-up can be anything involving a guy lamenting his shitty reputation, listing all the great things he's done, and ending with, "But you fuck one sheep …!"
Out of respect I'd ask you to leave Wally out of this.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 9:22am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Ha, speak for yourself.
He was proud of his proclivities. You have to respect that, even as you take out the restraining order.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 9:24am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

He was proud of his proclivities. You have to respect that, even as you take out the restraining order.
Heritage (adopted) not hate.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Heritage (adopted) not hate.
To this day, NZ's sheep panic stampede when they hear the Selecter.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

At today's alleged anti-mandatory vaccine protest in Ottawa. Yeah, this is totally about a government trampling on people's rights. After all, when you think Nazi, don't you think liberty?

edit: Coincidence or not, the Fuck Trudeau flag is the colours of the Conservative Party. Also, these super patriots parked their vehicles on the War Memorial site and were dancing on top of the tomb of the unknown soldier.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 8:41pm
At today's alleged anti-mandatory vaccine protest in Ottawa. Yeah, this is totally about a government trampling on people's rights. After all, when you think Nazi, don't you think liberty?

edit: Coincidence or not, the Fuck Trudeau flag is the colours of the Conservative Party. Also, these super patriots parked their vehicles on the War Memorial site and were dancing on top of the tomb of the unknown soldier.
Hey, don't these people know that only our inbreds can fly the "Don't Tread On Me" flag?
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 9:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hey, don't these people know that only our inbreds can fly the "Don't Tread On Me" flag?
I heard (and presume to be true) there are a bunch of Trump flags being flown, as well. None of this is surprising.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 9:28pm
Sparky wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 9:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I heard (and presume to be true) there are a bunch of Trump flags being flown, as well. None of this is surprising.
He's president of the world didn't you hear?

https://secondnexus.com/johnny-enlow-tr ... =gtakinsta